PDA

View Full Version : Disclosure at stage 5 - how much longer?

Miriam
28-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Just checked mine and hubbies CRB -we are both at stage 5 with the disclosure being printed! :) Please could anyone tell me the average time it took to get from that point to them having the registration number and certificate so that they can start childminding?

I know it is different for everyone - but just to get an idea - am I right in thinking it is normally about two weeks?

I have a lady who wants to use me and wants me to start as soon as possible after I am registered. She wants to pay with hubbies tax credits (?) and says she needs my registration number. Does anyone else have parents who pay using tax credits? Is it a difficult system to get paid through?

Thanks all

Mollymop
28-05-2009, 01:52 PM
You should receive your certificate really quickly. By the middle of next week Ofsted should have it, as long as all of your other checks are completed (such as Social services check) they should send your certificate out after only a few days. If all is ok, I would think you would have your certificate by next weekend.

As for tax credits, I would advise you not to give your registration number out to anyone until they have signed contracts with you.

Tax credits get paid to the parents, like working tax credits, the childcare element of it goes to the parents then they pay you with it and make up the rest with their own money.

You won't even know they are using tax credits to pay you, they will just pay you normally, cheque, cash, whatever you have agreed to.

Most parents get Tax credits to help pay with childcare.

Hope your cert comes very soon

chewy sweets
28-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I had my crb through a few days after stage 5! You Should have it through the post middle of next week!!!:clapping: