PDA

View Full Version : Help....!

Denise r
28-05-2009, 01:08 PM
I received a text yesterday morning from mindees Mum to say that he would not be coming Wednesday or for the foreseeable future as he had fractured his thigh bone and that they were in A&E waiting to go into operating room for cast to be applied! The child is 20 months old and does walk although very woodenly and just wondered if anyone had had a similar experience and what happened about the child coming to your house? I need advice please

Also and rather importantly for me I am just about to send out my monthly invoices, so yesterday I felt shakey at first until I found out that the injury had been sustained at his house a couple of hours after he left my house and then worried for the child and then Oh my God what do I do about my invoice??? Help please. I have a standard NCMA Contract, which I think means I still get paid if the child is off sick or if he leaves then I get paid 4 weeks notice

Advice on both issues would be gratefully received

Thanks in advance

Denise:(

TheBTeam
28-05-2009, 01:23 PM
I think there isn't much you can do until you can talk to mum about the extent and limitations caused by the injury (sounds nasty). It may be a long one, but it could be that you could work and have him at your house still, on the other hand if he is immobolised such that he can not get to you etc and a very long time she may have to give notice and apply again when the child is better.

Think you need to be upfront with mum and obviously whilst wishing the child well there is the fact that you have a place for him and expect money for it! I think you have to give her a few days to get her head around something which is going to be upsetting and devastating and i guess a little of the unknown at least until surgery etc and find out her thoughts and timescales before the outcome will be known.

i know from experience with my son, that all she will be worried about now is her son, so i think for a few days at least you have to be patient, but point out that obviously keep you informed and that his place needs to be discussed when they are a bit clearer on the implications of what sounds horrible!

Maybe if he can't come to you and they claim tax credits you could charge the tax credit amount as a retainer or if the top up is not much they could still pay you if the injury will take some time rather than give notice etc.

good luck for both you and the lo.

Daftbat
28-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Good advice from the B Team - nothing to add:thumbsup:

Hope the little one is ok though - and his poor mum!

aly
28-05-2009, 03:19 PM
my daughter is 22 months[nearly] and fractured her leg just under the knee and her leg was only in plaster for 3 and half weeks. I dont think [all depepnding on how bad] it will be a very long time.

good lcuk

Toothfairy
28-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Good advice from The bee team. :thumbsup:

Mollymop
28-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Hope little one is ok soon. Bless him. How did he manage to break his leg?

I would still expect to be paid if he is off sick. After all you are keeping the space open for him to return.