PDA

View Full Version : Had to dial 999!

Daftbat
28-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Yesterday afternoon we had a trip to the park after all the rain in the morning.

Amongst my mindees is a 13 yr old boy who was on the climbing frame at the park. He managed to get his leg and foot stuck between the bars on the climbing frame and despite the efforts of myself and my 15 yr old daughter we could not free him. He was getting more and more distressed and i decided it was time to get the fire brigade out to free him.

Whilst i was making the call my daughter lifted him up and forwards and somehow he managed to get free - just as i got put through to the fire brigade!!!!! Felt really daft having to explain it was a false alarm but they were really nice to me and just took my details.

3 things from this:

1. In ten years i have never had to call any emergency service!
2. Proof that the older the kids get the more trouble they can be!
3. Having got through to fire service i didn't get to see any hunky firemen!!!

Child is fine by the way - we did an exmaination of his foot:( (don't like feet at best of times never mind sweaty size 9's) and nothing broken. Filled in incident report and his mum was ready to kill him for causing me so much hassle.:laughing:

wellybelly
28-05-2009, 10:55 AM
OMG what a day, shame you didnt get to see the fire brigade!

georgie456
28-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Oh my goodness I bet you got that panicky feeling in your stomach when you realised he couldn't get his foot out!!!!

What a relief he got free, but what a shame you didn't get to be rescued by some nice firemen. I would have been tempted to make him put his foot back in :D

ORKSIE
28-05-2009, 12:00 PM
No hunky firemen:(
Glad the boy is ok:thumbsup:

TheBTeam
28-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Pain in the neck the worry kids put you through and not even rewarded with a hunky fireman!!

Glad it wasn't serious!:laughing:

haribo
28-05-2009, 01:41 PM
well done to your daughter lol he must be nearly the same size as her :panic: its so scary a lo of mine once got stuck at the library gate with his head in the bars the more they panic the harder it is to free them . hope you have all recovered now :clapping:

madasahatter
28-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Many years ago I had a mindee who managed to get her foot through the struts on one of my dining chairs. No matter how I tried we could not get her foot/leg to the right angle for getting it back out despite the effort of myself and a mum who had arrived. We ended up using a saw to remove the strut!! needless to say my hubby wasn't impressed with the state of the chair.

Toothfairy
28-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Poor you, what a fright!
Sorry you did'nt get to see any hunky firemen.

emler
28-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Oh no what a panic! Glad to hear he's ok. Shame you didn't get to see any firemen :laughing:

Allie
28-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Well done, for staying calm and sorting it all out

Allie

pinklady
28-05-2009, 04:42 PM
What a fright! Is your daughter too young to be employed as my assistant coz she sounds great!:D

My Husband broke his leg at the park last year after falling off a see-saw:rolleyes: Goes to show even 39 year olds get into pickles at the park:laughing:

CCJD
28-05-2009, 08:37 PM
I havnt had to dial 999 very often in my life but hate that feeling of "is this really emergency enough?? I was then told about the "non emergency" number for police, fire and ambulance which is a great idea as it takes away that whole clogging up emergency lines feeling - from memory I think it's 101 but you'd have to check. In this instance I wouldn't have felt too bad about cancelling it if I had gone through on the non-emergency number either because it was never being prioritized as an emergency.
Glad he got free though - he must have must have felt really panicked after a while!

her8y
28-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Well done for dealing with the situation calmly! Did you not feel a little tempted to put his foot back and wait for those hunky fireman:laughing: :laughing:

LisaH
28-05-2009, 08:53 PM
My Husband broke his leg at the park last year after falling off a sea-saw:rolleyes: Goes to show even 39 year olds get into pickles at the park:laughing:[/QUOTE]

It's definately a man thing!!! :laughing: :laughing:

I have never had to call 999 (shouldn't have said that)!! :)

angeldelight
29-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Glad he was ok in the end bet the kids would have loved all the excitment though ha ha

Angel xx

huggableshelly
29-05-2009, 06:53 AM
I would have forced him back up there just to see the firemen1

ooh umm remember I am a childminder ... nooooooo i wouldnt be that mean but grr lol glad all is well xxx