PDA

View Full Version : Do I not deserve a holiday? a moan

cuffleygirl
28-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Sorry had to moan 'cos its got to me.

On Tuesday I got the opportunity for a very cheap holiday next week (yes I'm being naughty taking my children out of school but its this holiday or no holiday! and SATS are over).

I organised back up cover for all parents etc and explained, apologised for short notice my contracts do state as much as possible notice for holiday not specific no. of weeks.

I have never let any one down with illness in 7 years, I am extremely flexible and always try to co-ordinate my holidays with parents and have never given less that 3 months notice.

All parents fine about (thought I deserved a holiday) and grateful that I had even gone to the trouble of organising back-up if they wanted it.

Except one! - the one who said "It's not like real work!" the one who turns up 45mins late most nights and 15 minutes early most mornings! the one who forgets her cheque book - the one who takes holiday at a days notice - the one changes her shifts with no notice! She has made me feel really bad and guilty but me and my family deserve a holiday. In the last month alone I have done enough extra hours for her to take my holiday in lieu!

Sorry had to get off my chest.

devoncm
28-05-2009, 09:06 AM
I know what you mean, ive told my parents im having last week in august off, mum said well i dont know when dad is having her but i suppose ill have to sort something if me or him can have her- and thats with this much notice!

LittleMissSparkles
28-05-2009, 09:26 AM
go and enjoy your holiday with your family babe you DO DESERVE IT xxxx

emler
28-05-2009, 09:36 AM
I hate that parents can make us feel guilty like this. You forget about it and have a fantastic holiday with your family

haribo
28-05-2009, 10:03 AM
forget about it . i used to dwell on things like this until i realised that i was ruining my holidays out of guilt, so made a concious decision to forget what parents said and move on like they do and enjoy myself ! your not breaking any contracts and you arranged alternative care you have done a good job :clapping: have a great holiday x

Hebs
28-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I've just booked a week away in a caravan in may next year, not once did it cross my mind that parents might not be happy, and TBH i'm not bothered :thumbsup:
my current mindees mum knows the dates i'm away ( next week for long weekend, another long weekend in oct, and 2 weeks in jan) will tell her about may's week after christmas :D

you have organised back up childcare, if she doesn't want to use it then thats for mum to sort out :thumbsup:

go and have a great time :D

Pudding Girl
28-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Have to admit I would be narked at such short notice if I were a parent, sorry!
Can you help them to find a back up cm?

Enjoy your break :D

haribo
28-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Have to admit I would be narked at such short notice if I were a parent, sorry!
Can you help them to find a back up cm?

Enjoy your break :D

george , she did arrange back up care:thumbsup: x

Pudding Girl
28-05-2009, 10:23 AM
speed reading lol!

Daftbat
28-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Take no notice - it will teach them not to take you for granted! Have a lovely holiday:thumbsup:

ORKSIE
28-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Take no notice! you have sorted cover, late notice...well sometimes these things happen, not like you do it regularly.
She takes advantage of YOU, so put the boot on the other foot for a change:D
OOh im stroppy today.. PMT:eek:

Mollymop
28-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Do worry about what this particular parent thinks hun, if the others are all fine with it. Enjoy your holiday

georgie456
28-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Except one! - the one who said "It's not like real work!" the one who turns up 45mins late most nights and 15 minutes early most mornings! the one who forgets her cheque book - the one who takes holiday at a days notice - the one changes her shifts with no notice! She has made me feel really bad and guilty but me and my family deserve a holiday. In the last month alone I have done enough extra hours for her to take my holiday in lieu!

Sorry had to get off my chest.

It's always these kinds of parents who seem to have a problem isn't it!!!???

It's nice to know she is happy to leave her child with someone who doesn't do "real work!" :eek: I would struggle not to say that she's the reason I need a holiday!!!!!

TheBTeam
28-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Parents are the worst sometimes, i had different parents moan when my son ended up in hospital with emergency surgery after he ripped a huge hole in his leg on a tree, and when my mil died suddenly.

Yet i have parents galore having time off with stress just through looking after their own children!!!

Take a holiday and enjoy it, you have done your best to ensure no inconvenience!:clapping:

Blackhorse
28-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I think that the parent shouldn't make you feel bad.
you arranged care for them and allthough I agree that it is rather short notice, it doesn't say in your contract that you have to tell them x amount of weeks before. So surely if they singned it they shouldn't complain...especially since you seem to be very reliable (from what you said about the last 7 years)
what also gets me is that she obviously doesn't care if she does the same to you. short notice day off...dropping off early...picking up late ( I hope by the way you charge for this!!)

Toothfairy
28-05-2009, 03:32 PM
You deserve and are entitled to a holiday.
Ignore her moaning and go and enjoy your holiday. :thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
28-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Take no notice! you have sorted cover, late notice...well sometimes these things happen, not like you do it regularly.
She takes advantage of YOU, so put the boot on the other foot for a change:D
OOh im stroppy today.. PMT:eek:

Noteing down to keep away from slc today.

As the others have said youve arranged a back up, if she dont like it tough, just enjoy your holiday.

Any more of these cheap holidays going :D

Gareth
xx

ORKSIE
28-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Noteing down to keep away from slc today.

As the others have said youve arranged a back up, if she dont like it tough, just enjoy your holiday.

Any more of these cheap holidays going :D

Gareth
xx

LMAO Gareth...Need some Red Wine:laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
28-05-2009, 05:45 PM
I don't feel guilty, I always give at least the minimum of 4 weeks notice (normally about 2 months though) - I have worked hard for a break and I always try to arrange back up minding.