PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god seems real now!!!

chewy sweets
28-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Help!:panic: An inspector is phoning me Monday to arrange an Inspection!!!
I know alot of you in England have an Inspection early on in the Registration process but this is the Last thing to be done in Wales!!
I can't think now.:panic:
Anyone got a list of stuff i should make sure i have in place before an inspection?
Thanks Katie xx

marzi
28-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Number 1: Don't panic!!!
Number 2: Breathe!!!
I'm sure someone else can come up with helpful ones lol.

chewy sweets
28-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Number 1: Don't panic!!!
Number 2: Breathe!!!
I'm sure someone else can come up with helpful ones lol.
Yeh managed to take a breath now!
Just got so much stuff to sort out don't know where to start!

Blackhorse
28-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Help!:panic: An inspector is phoning me Monday to arrange an Inspection!!!
I know alot of you in England have an Inspection early on in the Registration process but this is the Last thing to be done in Wales!!
I can't think now.:panic:
Anyone got a list of stuff i should make sure i have in place before an inspection?
Thanks Katie xx

I am confused now..it says beside your name you are still pre-reg??
So how would they already do an inspection?
Maybe it is the visit to get registered?? :confused:

chewy sweets
28-05-2009, 02:26 PM
I am confused now..it says beside your name you are still pre-reg??
So how would they already do an inspection?
Maybe it is the visit to get registered?? :confused:

Yeh it's an inspection of the home to get registered. I know things are done differently in wales.

Just don't really know what's going to be expected of me for this inspection because as you say i have no mindees!!!

Blackhorse
28-05-2009, 02:30 PM
well when I had my visit to get inspected (Scotland) the following happened.

Officer wanted to see the house and garden to make sure it is suitable for children, (safety stuff in place...based on a risk assessment I had to do)
she wanted to see my policies and documents I had in place (the list of them I received with my application pack)
and a general chat with me. finding out my background and what I was planning to do with the mindees (activities etc)

it wasn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be

I am sure you will be fine.

(also as far as I know, if there is something they don't like or something is missing you just put it down as an action for you to do and tell them once it is done...so nothing bad either!!)

chewy sweets
28-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks- Made me calm down a bit now!
any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

tulip0803
29-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi Katie

My inspecotr was lovely and really put me at ease.

When I had the CSSIW pre-reg last year the inspector came with a form of questions to ask me about my application and why I want to be a childminder. She wrote my answers down. She then spoke about my application and the policies/statement of purpose I had submitted, she gave me a couple of changes to make and send off to her.

She then went all over the house and looked in every room. She had already told me on the phone to put all my safety stuff in place and have it as if childminding children were coming. I was unsure where to put one stairgate as my stairs are strange so I didn't put it up but asked her where she suggested I put it. SHe also checked the garden. SHe then gave me a list of things I needed to do before reg - change wording on 2 policies, put up fireguard, put up NCMA fire blanket when it arrived & send off for the NCMA toolkit through Carmarthenshire Children's Partnership. Then she left.

You will be fine - She will advise you of anything that you need to do and you normally only have to confirm in writing that you have done them by the time you insurance certificate comes through.:D

Good Luck:thumbsup:

manjay
29-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi Katie

My inspecotr was lovely and really put me at ease.

When I had the CSSIW pre-reg last year the inspector came with a form of questions to ask me about my application and why I want to be a childminder. She wrote my answers down. She then spoke about my application and the policies/statement of purpose I had submitted, she gave me a couple of changes to make and send off to her.

She then went all over the house and looked in every room. She had already told me on the phone to put all my safety stuff in place and have it as if childminding children were coming. I was unsure where to put one stairgate as my stairs are strange so I didn't put it up but asked her where she suggested I put it. SHe also checked the garden. SHe then gave me a list of things I needed to do before reg - change wording on 2 policies, put up fireguard, put up NCMA fire blanket when it arrived & send off for the NCMA toolkit through Carmarthenshire Children's Partnership. Then she left.

You will be fine - She will advise you of anything that you need to do and you normally only have to confirm in writing that you have done them by the time you insurance certificate comes through.:D

Good Luck:thumbsup:

Much the same for me too only mine didn't tell me to have all safety stuff in place as she called and hour before she was coming:D (not normal but I had been forgotten about and she had a cancellation). I had a couple of things she wanted me to do and some strange alterations to a couple of policies which she confirmed to me in writing. I then had to send a signed copy back to say I had done them before my certificate was issued. In our county once the inspector is happy your application has to go before a panel for the final go ahead and these are held once a month. Not sure if this happens in your area as this can delay you getting your certificate.

Good luck. I am sure you will be fine:thumbsup: