PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED Variation request form

Mouse
27-05-2009, 07:57 PM
I've put a link to this on another post where someone was asking about applying for a variation, but thought I'd give it it's own thread!

Not many people I've spoken to seem to know about the standard form that Ofsted have that you can use when applying for a variation.

Here is the link. Thought it might be useful.

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Application-to-vary-or-remove-conditions-of-registration/(language)/eng-GB

loocyloo
27-05-2009, 09:14 PM
thank you!

i rang ofsted to ask about changing my variations ... i still need them for the same times, but some of the children are changing ...

but, i don't need to tell them who the children are! depsite being asked for all but inside leg measurement for my under 5's last time round! i even asked the guy on 'customer service' to check for me !!!!

but i will probably call them and get it in writing when my children all change their hours!

x

Playmate
27-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks mouse, wish I had seen this before I wrote my letter to Ofsted last night, never mind theres always next time :laughing:

cuffleygirl
28-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks I wish I'd seen it sooner but it will be great for next time.

Thank you for passing it on!:thumbsup:

rickysmiths
28-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks mouse, wish I had seen this before I wrote my letter to Ofsted last night, never mind theres always next time :laughing:

Sally I wrote to Ofsted last week and just included a grid with the children and times and colour coded for the ages. (they scanned it and sent it to the inspector in black and white!!!) It had a letter with it explaining what I needed when and a brief risk assessment.

I got a phone call yesterday from the inspecter who did my inspection last year. She checked a few bits, agreed it there and then and said the new Cert would be in the post in the next few days.

I must say the last 4 Variations I did this way with no problem.

I was very pleased with the quick response this time.