PDA

View Full Version : had my settling in today

mozarella
27-05-2009, 06:37 PM
the mum came with her children to sogn all the paperwork and was to leave the children 1 hour on their own, but she stayed a while and the children were so happy playing and interacting with my baby that we didnt see the time and she agreed that we dont need them settling in , she is confident they will be fine and I was too

Starting on Monday, a bit scared, trying to get all procedure in place, will be with them 10 hours Monday ! surely it will be better than my old job in an office all day.

I am really looking forward to it but getting stressed as I just want it to go well. I find it nervous to look after other people's children as a job, I know I will be fine but all these paperwork, procedure make me nervous

Moz

Buzz Lightyear
27-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Bit of advice, dont do too much in one day trying to please the mindees. An error I made......

You'll be fine though and like you said, it beats an office job any day :thumbsup:

miffy
27-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Just wanted to wish you good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

As Ellie says, don't try and be superwoman - just look after the mindees as you would your own children.

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
27-05-2009, 06:55 PM
I would spend the first week getting to know them, what they like and how they interact. Make a few notes, even just mental ones, so you can plan in a few weeks time.

Have fun, I have been having fun for 15 years! :laughing:

Tatjana
27-05-2009, 07:08 PM
It's natural to feel nervous, i bet you will be more than fine!

xx

sarah707
27-05-2009, 07:10 PM
I have a new one settling in tomorrow and I still get nervous!

You'll be fine, just take it slowly :D

tigger
27-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow you'll be fine I'm sure.:)