PDA

View Full Version : CHILDCARE LINK

hollybritten
27-05-2009, 06:33 PM
After being added on the childcare link website, how long did it take for you to start getting calls?

Thanks

chewy sweets
27-05-2009, 06:38 PM
I've been on there for a few weeks now and unfortunatly no calls for me yet:(

miffy
27-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I suppose that depends on what area you live in and how many other childminders there are.

Good luck - hope you get some calls soon. I would try some other ways of advertising though

Miffy xx

Princess Sara
27-05-2009, 06:43 PM
I've been on there ages and had no calls. Might just be the area I'm in!

Tatjana
27-05-2009, 06:54 PM
I went on today!

...but i won't be getting any calls as they haven't put my number on there, argghh!

Other mistakes are:
Not adding the pre school i can pick up/drop off to
Not adding my email address
Showing my fees when i asked for them to be confidential
Typo's
Not putting the school icon on
Not putting my area, just London

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Well worth waiting for :panic:

xx

estrelas
27-05-2009, 07:00 PM
i've also had no calls from them, been on a few weeks too :(

I was so excited to be on there, thought i'd get calls all the time :blush:

Princess Sara
27-05-2009, 07:41 PM
I went on today!

...but i won't be getting any calls as they haven't put my number on there, argghh!

I tried 3 times to change my details to add my phone number, won't let you. I guess they want people to use the message service etc.

Tatjana
27-05-2009, 07:45 PM
I tried 3 times to change my details to add my phone number, won't let you. I guess they want people to use the message service etc.

This is news to me, i didn't even know you could do that, lol! I've not been told about the message service either?!

The lady i spoke to wasn't very 'with it'.:(

xx

chewy sweets
27-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Yeh you can subscribe to the service. I've just paid £12.00 for 3 months but it was worth it for me because i've just messaged 4 people in my area looking for childcare!:clapping: :clapping: :laughing:
Just hope i get a response from them now!!

Polka Dots
27-05-2009, 08:15 PM
I think you may be at confusing *************.gov.uk with childcare.co.uk. Childcare Link is update by the Family Information Service and it's free. :)

tammerisk
27-05-2009, 08:21 PM
on child care .co .uk i have added my phone number to the bottom of my info about me and it was fine i have had a few messages form it but nobody sign up

the chilk care link site you jsut ring up and change what you need to over the phone or some time they send a form out for it.
it did take me 3 phone calls to get my info right thoo

Princess Sara
27-05-2009, 08:29 PM
I think you may be at confusing *************.gov.uk with childcare.co.uk. Childcare Link is update by the Family Information Service and it's free. :)

Haha I am, sorry!

Childcare.co.uk won't let you add a phone number, I'm waiting for my details to be added to *************.gov.uk. *************.gov.uk is much better imo.

Princess Sara
27-05-2009, 08:31 PM
on child care .co .uk i have added my phone number to the bottom of my info about me and it was fine i have had a few messages form it but nobody sign up

the chilk care link site you jsut ring up and change what you need to over the phone or some time they send a form out for it.
it did take me 3 phone calls to get my info right thoo

Your phone number is not at the bottom of Childcare.co.uk I just checked. I think if it was there they must have removed it when they changed stuff and started adding fees for messages etc.

hollybritten
27-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah i was talking about childcare link . gov........

Richard
28-05-2009, 07:09 AM
On childcare.co.uk you can add your phone number to your Profile Plus page but not your standard profile.

Profile Plus information such as your phone number is only available to be viewed by our gold, paying members who have an intention of finding immediate childcare.

Personally I wouldn't be comfortable in adding my landline number to a website that was available for anyone to see. Especially as I would imagine that most childminders use their home landline number.

Richard