PDA

View Full Version : thinking of doin NVQ

carebear25
27-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Hi

My network co-ordinator has put the idea in my head to do my NVQ

At 1st I was thinking I would like to get 12 mths trading under my belt an now im thinking I should just go for it.

What does every1 else think especially ones that are already doing it, how much family time does it take away xx

youarewhatyoueat
27-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Go for it, it really helps to get the paperwork and the eyfs all in order and straight in your head, yes it does take up time, I tend to do it after 10 at night till early hours as I can't think if people are about but thats me. I've had a bad experience starting the nvq but hopefully i'm going to get the support I should have been getting from the beginning. Huge ammount of funding about at the moment to do the course for free. Good luck. plenty of people, websites and good books available to help.Caroline

carebear25
27-05-2009, 09:31 PM
my network co ordinator did tell me there was funding available so will have to look in2 it further, ive had bad experience in past strugglin 2 do nvq along side work, but got a feelin this time will be different :) :)

ORKSIE
27-05-2009, 09:38 PM
If your getting funding then do it!! I did:thumbsup:

miffy
27-05-2009, 09:43 PM
If you want to do it and funding is available then I'd say go for it!

A lot depends on how good your assessor is - they should be able to observe a lot of stuff to cut down on the amount of written work you need to do.

On the plus side, there are quite a few members here who are doing or have done NVQ3 so you can get help if you need it - you might even find a study buddy!!!

Good luck

Miffy xx

carebear25
27-05-2009, 09:49 PM
thanks 4 all yr advice.

1st thing monday i will contact college... :)

samd35
28-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi

I'm doing mine at the moment. If its funded then go for it, it really is helpful in looking at your setting to.
I tend to do mine after the children are in bed, but then I get hubby moaning thats all I do. LOL, can't win.

Sam x

carebear25
28-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi

I'm doing mine at the moment. If its funded then go for it, it really is helpful in looking at your setting to.
I tend to do mine after the children are in bed, but then I get hubby moaning thats all I do. LOL, can't win. wont bother mine he wil get more xbox time lol

Sam x

Got email off college that its starts in august but more details wil follow an it is funded...

carebear25
09-06-2009, 09:38 PM
update - there is a consultancy agency that run course in my area so no need to go to college can do it al at home an if any other childminders in area want 2 do it they wil run it out of our local childrens centre an its funded so have sent off 4 info xx

melanieabigail2004
10-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I am currently doing it funded by Train to Gain and through my local college but an assessor visits my house. Well worth doing and has helped a lot

Mel