PDA

View Full Version : On a much happier note...

mum2two
13-02-2008, 07:00 PM
I had an e-mail enquiry from netmums the week before last, on a Fri. For a baby 3 days a week from Sept. E-mailed mum back to arrange a meeting, she mailed back Weds last week, saying she'd like to meet up. E-mailed her back, saying fine - arrange a day. (I gave her my number, she didn't give hers...) Then heard nothing.

I e-mailed her again today asking if she was still interested in the space, or had she found something else. As it had been a week between contact!

Anyway, at 3.30pm, I had a call from a lady (dif one) asking if I had space for a baby from July. Said I didn't have anything til Sept, & she said 'oh that's fine, can prob hold off til Sept, can i come & see you?' Brilliant. She's coming tomorrow at 1.30pm :thumbsup:

Then, a knock on my door at 3.45pm, a lady, (who I kind of know) do I have any spaces? I said i can do any M/T/W pm or all day T/F. She said ok great, can I do 12.15 - 7pm Mon & 8am - 7pm Thurs & Fri. She starts school in Sept. Filled out contracts etc, just waiting to hear her start date, but around 10th March! :thumbsup:

Now, just had an e-mail back from this first lady about baby 3 days, asking if she can come & see me next week. :thumbsup:

Will have 2 spaces from Sept, but I know baby 3 days will be 10mths old. Not sure how old the other one is, will find out tomorrow. Would be nice if i could take on both - but I think that's just getting greedy :p

Will see what happens tomorrow before I get back to the other lady. I know a couple of other lovely cm's who will have spaces in Sept if I can't help!

So all in all, after giving notice & getting stressed - lots more postive than negative tonight! :jump for joy:

Kelly x

ajs
13-02-2008, 07:02 PM
wow you are going to be busy come september
well done

Twinkles
13-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Good news. It's all or nothing isn't it? I'm glad you will have all your places filled.:clapping:

sarah707
13-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Great news Kelly! :D

Sarsar3NCH
13-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Fantastic news, funny how things turn out sometimes :clapping: :clapping:

Good luck

Sarah

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 07:37 PM
That is good news Kelly

Good luck tomorrow let us know how it goes

Angel xx

mrsbumbles
13-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Fantastic news :laughing:

ruby
13-02-2008, 08:28 PM
that is really great news

hope you can take them all on

you will be very busy

good luck

cathy and rachel

berkschick
13-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Thats great news!

My phone has been busy this week too, its strange how it goes!

Good luck tomorrow, let us know how you get on.

Love

Debbie

lindylou
13-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Good luck Kelly it sounds like birkenhead i went to rome for 5 days and came back to 5 enquiries i have a 5 month waiting list its brill
Lindaxx

charleyfarley
13-02-2008, 08:42 PM
OMG it must be the day for it

I've just had a phone call for 4 days starting in September, hopefully parents are coming Friday afternoon.

It really is great news for you, hope everything goes well and they all sign up

You'll definately be busy

Carol xx

custardcream
14-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Good luck to you, hope it goes well

miffy
14-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Well done Kelly that's great news

Miffy xx

deeb66
14-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Great news Kelly :thumbsup:

Spangles
14-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Good news!!!

Monkey1
14-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Minded children are like buses!

mum2two
14-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Well, mum came, and baby is only 5 weeks old. So cute - makes me so broody!

She seemed happy, read through all policies, and my ofsted report & refs etc, asked me q's... (Gradually getting more confident at it now.)

She said she's going to speak to the nursery her dd went to, but it's about 8 miles away, and she said it'll prob be too tight to get dd to school, drop baby off at nursery & then get to work all in half an hour. She is also going to see a local nursery (2 miles away), and then let me know. I asked her if she could let me know either way, and she said she'll definitly get back to me quickly - so fingers crossed.

As baby will only be 8 months in sept, cannot take on the other 10 mth old enquiry I've had too. But, she e-mailed back wanting to come & see me early next week. I've now told her as it's half term, busy Mon & Tues but can come & see me end of the week.

Hopefully the other mum from today will have got back to me. If not, I might call her Tues, saying I've had another enquiry, & see if she's interested in using me...

Fingers crossed for today's one, as baby's younger & full time!

Kelly x

deeb66
14-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Well done Kelly

I will keep my fingers crossed for you

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 12:07 PM
good luck with all your enquiries honey :)