PDA

View Full Version : I have had the call

Debster
27-05-2009, 11:45 AM
:panic: 1st inspection
lady ofsted called today and to ask a few questions and said she will be visiting week commencing 22nd June. Quite suprised I got so much notice but just more time to stress about it when she called I thought OMG they are coming tomorrow. just need to make sure I have everything on the plus side it was the inspector that inspected my friend last week so I have inside info I know she is hot on safeguarding and she marked my friend down because the child that she cares for wears glasses and she did not have a book or images of a child wearing glasses.
any advice or tips on how to cope welcome.
Deb

samd35
27-05-2009, 02:57 PM
A friend of mine has just recently had her first inspection and got outstanding. The inspector was hot on safeguarding. Make sure children have separate towels for handwashing. My friend had several activities set up, sandpit and water, she planted seeds with the children. Her paperwork was all up to date and inspector loved the children's learning journeys.

x

miffy
27-05-2009, 07:31 PM
You are lucky to have so much notice!

Don't forget your safeguarding policy should also include the procedure to be followed if an allegation is made against you or a member of your family.

Good luck

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
27-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Risk assessments and safeguarding are a hot favourite round our way:)

Mouse
27-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Blimey, that is a lot of notice! That gives you plenty of time to get everything in order.

Safeguarding does seem to be the hot topic at the moment, but so is self improvement. My inspector liked the fact that I identified areas that I didn't think were so good & had plans in place to improve.

singlewiththree
27-05-2009, 08:34 PM
I got the call too yesterday however I dont have any children in these 2 weeks holidays and then the inspector is away so she said it will be July and she will ring me nearer with an actual day!!! hows that for notice.

Playmate
27-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Good luck. Still waiting for my next one 6mths overdue now. Had to write to them for a variation - that sure to bring them :panic:

OrlandoBelle
01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
I had the dreaded call this morning too. Mine's this thursday at 9:45am. I haven't stopped shakig since i got off the phone. i'm a nervous wreck!:panic:

Debster
01-06-2009, 11:26 AM
I had the dreaded call this morning too. Mine's this thursday at 9:45am. I haven't stopped shakig since i got off the phone. i'm a nervous wreck!:panic:

You will be fine. I would rather I had my sooner the waiting is a killer I am over analysing everything. I have been on the ofested website reading every report my inspector has wrote recently had looking at what she is picking people up on. let us know how it goes.
Debbie

OrlandoBelle
01-06-2009, 02:54 PM
I will let you know. I will have to look at my inspectors reports too if I get a minute! At least you have lots of time to sort out your paperwork, etc.