PDA

View Full Version : need help with a new form I want to do

youarewhatyoueat
26-05-2009, 09:51 PM
I want to incorporate my daily diary which I write each day with childs basic needs,nappies,food sleep etc recorded,with the register that the parent signs in and out and also have an area with notes for the parent to write in messages as this has been requested by a parent. Wondered about using an exercise book for each child and just writing it in each day but didn't think this would look very professional.what do you think? I have a seperate learning journey which goes home and just trying to simplify everything.Any ideas gratefully received.

Chatterbox Childcare
26-05-2009, 10:15 PM
This seems like double work to me. Why would a parent read, complete and sign the daily diary and then the register too? Surely this makes the messages confusing if one is used then the other and no story line to it as entries could be intermittent between the two?

sarah707
27-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Don't forget you need to keep attendance registers for each child for very silly lengths of time so the more paper you use the more storage space you will need.

I suggest leaving the attendance register as it is and seeing if there's any other forms you can combine.

It's lovely that the parents are interested and making suggestions :D

miffy
27-05-2009, 06:44 AM
My daily diary is an A4 sheet (two days to one side) and has space at the top for anything the parents tell me when they drop off and a space at the bottom for them to sign and add comments. It doesn't go home with the child - parents see it when they pick up.

I agree with Sarah about the attendance register - keep it separate

Miffy xx

Mollymop
27-05-2009, 06:48 AM
I use an exercise book (a5) for each child as their daily diary. I use NCMA attendance register, so I keep it seperate and it is always here for when I need it. I have had aprents forgetting and losing my diaries before, what would I do if the child's attendance info was included in the lost diary?

Don't worry about an A5 exercise book not looking professional, lots of us use one too.

huggableshelly
27-05-2009, 06:56 AM
I too use an exercise book for the daily diary, the parent is great she initials it daily and also writes in it letting me know if mindee has done anything new or what has happened over the wkend etc.

the daily diary will be sent home with parents once full or the child leaves but as others have said the register must stay with you so cant really combine them.