PDA

View Full Version : i've signed up to do my nvq3 in ccld

gailee
26-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Well i took the course NVQ3 ccld the lady came round this afternoon to start me on my course and well i'm a bit overwhelmed by it already?? i've signed in to my course online ! I never done anything like this for years (over 20years)since i've done any serious (sp) course work??? So if any one is doing the same course or who is up to giving a ole girl a helping hand ! well i would be very grateful!!! :eek: :eek:

georgie456
26-05-2009, 09:05 PM
HI

Can't give any real advice as I am in the same boat!!! I've just had my funding confirmed and my assessor is coming out next week for the first time.
I have been given all the paperwork and it looks a bit scary!!!

Have you looked at the training section of this forum? You need to pm Jaz for the password. I've had a look and think it will be really helpful and supportive.

I must admit as someone who left school 18 years ago it is very nerve-wracking!!!!!

manjay
26-05-2009, 09:09 PM
It is over 20 years since i left school and never seriously thought I would do anything like this again. I have just finished my NVQ CCLD and am now waiting for acceptance at Uni to do a Foundation Degree. There are lots of us on here who have done/are doing the NVQ so shout if you have any queries

amanda x

ORKSIE
26-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Just finished mine, first proper qualification i ever had:)
I really enjoyed doing mine,:)

miffy
26-05-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm sure you'll be fine - I did mine a couple of years ago - it's a very long time since I left school but I managed it!

If you need help ask - there will always be someone around to help.

Miffy xx

samd35
27-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi

I have now completed 2 units of the course. I'm enjoying doing it, sometimes its just finding the time to fit it in. I would reccomend Penny Tassoni book, NVQ level 3, Children's care, learning and development. I got mine from Amazon for about £19.00.
If you need help look at the NVQ discussion board, one of us will be able to help or give advice if we can.

Good luck

Sam x

tulip0803
27-05-2009, 03:16 PM
I start mine next week - well the form filling/ skills test bit. I am doing it with the local childminding group:clapping:

Blue Boy
27-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Good on you. Both Sally and I are about half through our NVQ. I can beat you it is over 30+ years (and add a few:panic: ) since I left school, so if any old G-- like me can do it so can you.:thumbsup:

lots of love & Luck

Mick xx