PDA

View Full Version : Parents changing hours AGAIN

sarah32
26-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Sorry for being long but its a long story due to a lot of changes in hours.

I only have 3 mindee's between two families.

One 2 year old I mind from 6 month dropped a day last month and now down to 4 days a week and then mum tells me shes dropping another day in july so will be down to 3 days a week. Will have Monday and Friday available, tried her to get days together but said not possible.

Other parent which i look after 2 siblings has changed their hours so many times its really getting me down.

When I signed them up a year ago it will only spose to be for 4 days then she decided to go back to work full time so agreed to take them 5 days 8 - 3pm.

Couple of months later she then wanted to give up fridays at work but still send them to me some hours so she would have time to do things. So I agreed to have them mon - tues 8-5pm, wed and thurs 8-3pm and friday 9-12pm. Then last month she said she didnt want me on the friday anymore so that finishes end of this month.

Then told me last week that 3 year that starts nursery in september is going full time, shes going to pay for afternoon sessions so I will no longer have her as she will change her working hours and drop and pick her up f but I will still be having younger brother. Asked her what about holidays and she said oh yes, I would need you holidays which i replied shes an under 5 so would be advertising her space. But possibily I would a variation as still got sibling.

Then this afternoon shes changed it again to me having her wednesday afternoon as nursery wont agree to having her full time, she can only go 2 full days. Sibling would also go down to 3 days 9-3pm for 3 days

So I would be going from 32 hours x 2 children a week down to 25 hours between them.

Ive already put up the other mindee's money but didnt put the siblings up as thought it was asking a bit too much as getting full money from each but now I thinking I will have to put their money up in September.

Ive explained to this parent about 10 times about the numbers im allowed for under fives but she doesnt get it. Like today ishe says m sure you could just pick her up, told her no if I was upto my numbers, she then said im sure one of your friends could pick her up. I was speechless.:angry: :angry:

Ive got my adverts out ready, if a full timer comes along I will have to give this family notice. :(

I dont know if I can get use to this uncertainty with changes all the time.

Any advice please and sorry about being so long:)

TheBTeam
26-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Sorry not any good with advice on this, but didn't just want to read and run, hopefully something far less complicated will come along instead!

mushpea
26-05-2009, 07:56 PM
this parent of the sibblings seems to be messing you about, if i were you if you get someone wanting the same or more hours then take them on, I have been messed about like this in the past and its just not worth the hassle.
good luck

The Juggler
27-05-2009, 08:38 AM
I would decide what you need first of all to fit around with the two days you have free - Monday and Friday. Then advertise for what you want. Tell other mum what days she can/cant' have if you want to keep her or just wait for full-day customers on the days you are advertising.

Good luck. what a nightmare

LOL

Playmate
27-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Definately get advertising! It never ceases to amaze me that parents think we are at there to suit their needs without a thought to ours. Would they do the ame to a nursery! - I don't think so :laughing:

sarah32
27-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Already had a call for thursday and friday, told them only have monday and friday but couldnt change, I think im going to find it hard to fill two days not together. Ive never had a call for a day vacancy, always been minimum of 2 days.:(

Put my adverts out, had a couple of calls to for pick up but school too far away and 2 siblings but for start in a week for not enough time to give notice.

Did say I dont have a vacancy to end of june and if she could change start date come back to me.

Hopefully this is the start of things picking up.:)

Mum wanted to know from me when would I get variation for the afternoon and holidays, told her Im within my numbers at moment so dont think I can ask for a variation until Ive filled her space when i will have to ask for a variation. Hours dont change until September and she only told me yesterday, what does this woman want from me.:censored:

beckyteddy
27-05-2009, 06:30 PM
I mind for a little boy who comes to me 9-5 on a Monday and a Friday, so it does happen!

Does sound like this Mum is a little more trouble than she's worth, just make sure you stick to your notice period for any changes to her contracted hours and I would definately charge her full price per child if the hours have dropped below full time.

Hope you manage to make it all work:)

miffy
27-05-2009, 06:38 PM
what does this woman want from me.:censored:

She wants you available whenever she might need you (especially at a moments notice) but only wants to pay you when she the children are actually with you.

If she can get a better, cheaper deal elsewhere she will and she won't expect you to mind one bit :rolleyes:

Good luck with the advertising - I hope you get something more permanent soon

Miffy xx