View Full Version : is it really only the first day of school

estrelas
26-05-2009, 03:39 PM
holidays :eek:

Exhausted i am,

6 kids from age 2 to 11, and i'm wacked :blush:

Can't believe theres still two weeks to go

Having a great day tho, no winging yet and lots of laughs
Days like today makes me realise how much I love this job :)

Hope everyone else is having fun too :)

LOOPYLISA
26-05-2009, 03:59 PM
:eek: Poor you, 2 weeks :panic: dd has only got a week :thumbsup:

She has not mentioned the 'bored' word yet :rolleyes:

Hope you survive it x

tinkerbelle
26-05-2009, 04:00 PM
two more weeks of holidays :eek: we only have 1 week off here lol
its been manic weve had 11 kids including 3 of mine 6 under 8 with 4 of those under 3
been good fun though had trampoline out and older ones have been linking ds's

Cazz
26-05-2009, 04:05 PM
How come yours have got 2 weeks off? I thought half term was always 1 week wherever you are?

Carole x

Daddy Day Care
26-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Only a week here thank god, the way my dd and s have argued today if it was 2 weeks think they mgiht end up on ebay

Gareth
xx

estrelas
26-05-2009, 04:27 PM
our school has two weeks as they have a week less in the summer, its a pain as the other local school only has one

Off to the park again >.........:laughing:

amirose
26-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Only a week here thank god, the way my dd and s have argued today if it was 2 weeks think they mgiht end up on ebay

Gareth
xx

Gareth are you not forgetting that in just 8 weeks time its the 6 week summer holidays :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cazz
26-05-2009, 04:35 PM

Gareth
xx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

All 3 of mine have gone to my mum's for the day - that's the way you do it!!

They'll be back about 7.00pm and then the arguing will begin!!

Carole x

Daddy Day Care
26-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Gareth are you not forgetting that in just 8 weeks time its the 6 week summer holidays :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just praying by then, that im registered and have some mindess they can play with and take there mind of each other.

cazz you think you mum will have mine tomorrow? lol Unfortunately my mum still works full time so cant dump them on her for the day

Gareth
xx

Cazz
26-05-2009, 04:50 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just praying by then, that im registered and have some mindess they can play with and take there mind of each other.

cazz you think you mum will have mine tomorrow? lol Unfortunately my mum still works full time so cant dump them on her for the day

Gareth
xx

I didn't "dump them" on her!! They're spending quality time with their grandparents :D

Megan (the 17 month old) goes to hers every Tuesday and as the other two are on holiday they come as a package!! (The older 2 had a choice and they wanted to go as well - I think they get a bit spoilt there!).

In answer to your question, yes my mum probably would have yours tomorrow if you lived close enough - she loves having kids around her!

Carole x

estrelas
26-05-2009, 04:55 PM

Gareth
xx

her8y
26-05-2009, 04:56 PM

All 3 of mine have gone to my mum's for the day - that's the way you do it!!

They'll be back about 7.00pm and then the arguing will begin!!

Carole x

Does she fancy two more??:ROFL1:

rickysmiths
26-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Sorry you all, but I've had the day off. lol :laughing: :laughing:

Out with a friend this morning, we went to the garden centre and the craft shop and I spent far too much money!!! :eek: Then lunch out in the cafe at the garden centre very relaxing.

Only got two mindees on Wed, Thurs and Fri so an easy week for me.

The weather has been lovely so I'm going to spend some time gardening before the scout meeting this evening.

sarah707
26-05-2009, 05:04 PM
I've had a nice day in the garden with mine today, no rain thank goodness!

My mindees only get a week but dp has 2 weeks from his school then finishes a week later for the long holidays.

It's a bit silly really :rolleyes:

Daddy Day Care
26-05-2009, 05:04 PM
I didn't "dump them" on her!! They're spending quality time with their grandparents :D

I knew you'd pick up on that lol

Cazz
26-05-2009, 05:08 PM
I knew you'd pick up on that lol

Mmm ... you're trying to get your own back now for me insulting your wonderful football :D

Carole x

ORKSIE
26-05-2009, 05:54 PM
We only get one week too.
DD gone camping with her friend, she on her way home so that i can wash her clothes then she off again:panic:

Buzz Lightyear
26-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Yikes chuck, sounds like you're well and truely going to have your hands full for a couple of weeks! You'll have definitely earnt your crust over the next two weeks! :p

Gizmo
26-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Our schools only had a long weekend but they finish up 4 summer on the
26th June :panic:

Twinkles
26-05-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm 'zausted too , I had five today and it rained this morning :eek:
We made up for it this afternoon though and went out for a walk and had a picnic tea.

Your schools go back in August though don't they Joy ? I'd hate that - having to go back to real life in August :panic:

Off for a bubble bath and a glass of Champagne..........oh well ok not really Champagne, a glass of diet lemonade , but a girl can dream :D

estrelas
26-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Yikes chuck, sounds like you're well and truely going to have your hands full for a couple of weeks! You'll have definitely earnt your crust over the next two weeks! :p

:laughing:

god no, today was my biggest day, only got 3 tomorrow and finished by 3 :clapping: :clapping:

Buzz Lightyear
26-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Awh you lucky beggar! I'm going to be poopered again tomorrow night, mark my words :(

mushpea
26-05-2009, 07:50 PM
only one week here too and an easy one for me cause most of mine are either term time only or do less time in the hols for various reasons.
I seem to be finishing early all week either that or like tommoro mine are at a holiday club cause they love going and it was half price this week so only 3mindees tommoro and i get fridays off cause at the moment nobody needs me on a friday although this will change by the 6 weeks hols so will enjoy this friday with just my babys (they are 8 and 10yrs!)

FizzysFriends
26-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Your schools go back in August though don't they Joy ? I'd hate that - having to go back to real life in August :panic:

Ours used to go back in August too, this year they are moving to the same as the rest of the country so are still breaking up start of July but going back 1 week in September (so have an extra 10 days :angry: )