PDA

View Full Version : House and contents insurance

PixiePetal
26-05-2009, 03:15 PM
As we will be moving, I wanted to do a review of insurance policies.

Some people on the forum have mentioned before companies who are CM friendly. I know there is Homeminder advertised in Who minds but which others cover accidents by mindees?

Thanks x

atmkids
26-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I used Tesco. They were one of the few that would insure me with being a childminder and didn't charge any extra :)

rickysmiths
26-05-2009, 05:22 PM
I have been with Churchill for years now and never had a problem. If you get a quote though Confused.com before you ring them because you often get a cheaper quote on line and they will keep to that quote if you save it.

Personally I wouldn't touch Motor Minder I have found them expensive and they made a right hash of my car insurance. :eek:

loocyloo
26-05-2009, 05:25 PM
I used Tesco. They were one of the few that would insure me with being a childminder and didn't charge any extra :)

me too!

haven't had to use them yet though, so can't comment on their actual helpfulness.

we were with direct line, and only changed as premiums went up 'cos we had a claim :rolleyes: but not minding related!

Chatterbox Childcare
26-05-2009, 10:23 PM
I have been with Churchill for years now and never had a problem. If you get a quote though Confused.com before you ring them because you often get a cheaper quote on line and they will keep to that quote if you save it.

Personally I wouldn't touch Motor Minder I have found them expensive and they made a right hash of my car insurance. :eek:

I am with churchill for my car, house and contents - the more you do the larger the discount.

They will not insure me for breakages by childminded children but they do give accidental damage cover and don't charge you anymore excess for being a childminder.

The Juggler
27-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Liverpool victoria also good for childminding and very reasonable for London

essexgirl1967
27-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I've just taken out cover with More Than and even by including their 'extras' like legal cover, toys in garden, bikes away from home etc, it was still about 50% of last years premium, when I had home and contents insurance through NCMA! I took it out online and went through Quidco and got £70 cash back too so can't be bad x

rickysmiths
27-05-2009, 02:30 PM
I've just taken out cover with More Than and even by including their 'extras' like legal cover, toys in garden, bikes away from home etc, it was still about 50% of last years premium, when I had home and contents insurance through NCMA! I took it out online and went through Quidco and got £70 cash back too so can't be bad x

Sorry but even with that good discount, Churchill were still cheaper, nearly £200
cheaper than NCMA. ! :clapping: and as Debbie says you get even more discounts for having car insurance with them as well.

Churchill were £120 cheaper than Motorminder, a great deal less hassle, and contary to the advise of motorminder, Churchill do provide the correct car business cover as do many other companies.

PixiePetal
27-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks to all the replies to my question. I will look into them and find quotes. Don't need car insurance as I don't drive :laughing: One less expense !

So many things to sort, we are aiming to move second week of August but will start moving our stuff before that. Leaving work stuff till last minute so I can work up to the move then have couple of weeks off and be registered at new house. All being well anyway :rolleyes:

House is lovely, 4 bed detached with big garden and tons of storage space (including huge loft room) something we are lacking now - my dream :)

Spare room will also be my craft room. Ricky, you know how much room craft takes up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Won't own it, as it belongs to the farm (well that means a portion of it is ours really as farm is partly ours!) Renting ours out as mortgage is low and only 9 years left, also for security - farming is so up and down even if your family does own it!

Will probably have more moving questions inthe next months, thanks again :D