PDA

View Full Version : Is it chicken pox?

Mrs.L.C
26-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Iv just noticed some spots on one of my mindees on their front and back. They look like very small pale moles (but are not moles). Could it be chicken pox?

Iv left a message for mum as I think I should get it checked by their GP and would be happy to take the child (parents work quite far away)

Pipsqueak
26-05-2009, 03:35 PM
I take it the spots weren't there earlier? Keep an eye on them. You have done the right thing in contact the parents.

Mrs.L.C
26-05-2009, 03:39 PM
I take it the spots weren't there earlier? Keep an eye on them. You have done the right thing in contact the parents.

not that I am aware of. Im sure there are a few more now. The only thing I remember when my daughter had it 6 years ago is the spots came out very quickly.

Pipsqueak
26-05-2009, 03:48 PM
highly possible then - but in our area there has been another virus going around that the docs have mistaken for CP as it seems to mimic CP.

Hope LO is ok

LOOPYLISA
26-05-2009, 04:04 PM
If i remember rightly they are blister like , it was a while ago !!!

samd35
26-05-2009, 04:07 PM
When my son had it a couple of years back them cam out over 3 days. They are blister like spots.

Sam x

Cazz
26-05-2009, 04:11 PM
If i remember rightly they are blister like , it was a while ago !!!

Don't they start off as small raised spots before they turn blistery? Usually begins on chest and back and then spreads rapidly.

The doctors probably wouldn't know themselves at the moment - they usually say as long as they're not very poorly in themselves (i.e. possibility of meningitis - have you done the glass test?) just see what happens. The parents should certainly know in the morning though!

Carole x

PixiePetal
26-05-2009, 04:16 PM
As Carole says as far as I remember :thumbsup:

I thought DD had had it several times before she really got it. Even doctor said treat it as chickenpox!

Turns out she has an allergy of sorts to mozzi bites. They blister just like chicken pox and incredibly itchy. It was only when she had been fishing on our lake with DH and came home scratching her head I put 2+2 together:thumbsup:

christine e
26-05-2009, 04:17 PM
They start off as pink raised spots and multiply very quickly then they turn to blisters then scabs!

Chicken pox and mumps around here at the moment!

Cx