PDA

View Full Version : well i've done it!

butterfly
26-05-2009, 10:26 AM
As some of you may have picked up I've been getting really stressed with my after schoolers.

i currently A in Rec and D in yr2 every night till 5.30 and R Yr1 on mon and wed.

well D is driving me nuts and constantly winds up my dd. it's a horrible time and i've just had enough so today i gave letter to parents stating that from september i'll only be working afterschool on mon and wed. this allows me to keep R but hopefully lose A and D! if they decide to stay on for just 2 days at least it won't be so bad as 5 days!!

we'll see what the feedback is!! i gave them numbers of the other childminders in the town so they can get a space somewhere else if needed.

i didn't say D is driving me nuts just explained that with my dd starting school in sept i wanted more time for her after school and have space so that she can have a friend back if she wants!

i think it's fair enough but i just hate letting people down! at the end of the day though i had to do what's best for my family!

Daftbat
26-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Definitely, you do need to do whats best for your family, and your sanity:eek:

I have just decided to change meal arrangements as cooking each night for up to 8 kids is stressing me out. I have said i will do a bigger snack straight from school and anyone still here at 5.30 can have a meal. I want to do stuff with the kids rather than just cook for them!

ORKSIE
26-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Yep i know what you mean.
I do a meal for after schoolers but am considering just doing a snack.
We all have to do what works for us and our families, Our families come first:thumbsup:

Mouse
26-05-2009, 11:21 AM
I never do an evening meal. I do a snack after school, but always finish by 5.30pm, so don't do tea.

Butterfly, I think you've done thing :thumbsup:

helenlc
26-05-2009, 11:48 AM
You have done the right thing.

I have just changed the hours for a 3 yr I mind full time as he was constantly winding my own children up after school when they were tired and wanting to do their homework etc. I now drop him straight off after picking my children up from school and it has made life SO much easier.

Well done you. And dont feel bad about letting people down - I am sure, like me, you got into this to spend more time with your children, put them first etc. So do that and keep that in mind when you stick to your guns!!!

georgie456
26-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Yep I agree with what all the others have said - you have to do what is right for your family!

angeldelight
26-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Hope you feel better now

Angel xx

butterfly
26-05-2009, 03:06 PM
they've just picked up and haven't said anything! i was too scared to mention it! might give them a couple of weeks then ask them what they're going to do!