PDA

View Full Version : On a Downer

Little Pumpkins
13-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Hiya

I should be really happy I have had LO all day and she was lovely etc.

but I am so dis heartened that I have had no enquirys for 3 weeks.

I cant really survive on the money I have for many more months

Plus I just found out that a girl I used to work with is bad mouthing me!! even though she hasnt seen me since august

mrsbumbles
13-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Sorry to hear that your feeling this way, cheer up up something will come along when you are least expecting it, it always does.
Enjoy the time with the lo and build up a good reputation for yourself, dont worry what other people say about you, do your job well and you will soon be turning down enquiries x

Pipsqueak
13-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Sorry that you are feeling down. First of all realise that you are doing a first class job of being a childminder. Get yourself out and about (local toddler groups, childrens centers, schools) and Sarah always suggests a good one of telling someone each day that you are a childminder (sorry Sarah I have pinched yours:D ).
Advertise everywhere you can think of, make sure you CIS listing is up to date and top of the list (by changing something on it reguarly).

I haven't had an enquiry now for months! :(

As for the person who is bad mouthing you - if you can ignore them and let it go over your head unless you feel you can tackle them and ask them why they feel the need to be nasty.

hugs to you
xxx

Tily Bud
13-02-2008, 05:24 PM
I agree its sometimes best to just ignore otherwise it just makes you look as bad as them x

I also havent had any enquiries for months xx make the most of the quiet as it soon picks up and when it does you will be longing for some quiet time :rolleyes:

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Sorry you are feeling down

I agree with everyone else though

you need to ignore this person who is saying horrible things - start concentrating more on the minding - advertise some more etc to boost your confidence

Hope it works out I know it can take time though - be patient it will happen I am sure

Angel xx

sarah707
13-02-2008, 05:28 PM
I will change my name to Vik... she gives good advice! :D

Pipsqueak
13-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Aww bless Sarah thank you xx - hey its only what I am learning a lot from you lot on here!!!!

Mollymop
13-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I hope things pick up for you babe! Good luck, I hope the phone rings soon X

Spangles
13-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm sure you will get more enquiries soon.

As for this person who's badmouthing you, just forget her, she's making herself look bad, not you. She's not worth worrying about.

Enjoy the time you've got at the mo because I bet you'll be run off your feet soon enough!

charleyfarley
13-02-2008, 09:39 PM
The phone always rings when you least expect it.

I hope it's soon for you.

Carol xx

whitedove
13-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Chin up huni.Im sure all will come good before you know it,

maybe this silly woman who is spreading untruths about you is getting you down.and just adding to making you feel so low.
Im sure your great at what you do..
your all an inspiration to me on here.so hang in there sweetie im sure it will come rite in the end .

love n hugs
Jacqui x

deeb66
14-02-2008, 02:26 PM
I am sure things will start to pick up soon

As the others say just ignore her.....she is not worth it!!!

gailee
14-02-2008, 03:03 PM
sorry you're feeling down
I was in the same boat in january i've had just couple of mindees! 1 left in october then i took on twins after school so that helped come feb i would be losing my main earner ! then one wednesday i had 2 phone calls out the blue which i've took on i had a parent come round filled in forms the child was due to start in this week but hasn't started but she let me know he wasn't but she complained why she had to pay for him for this week :angry: i've had a parent phone yesterday for 2 kids to start in march she's coming round next week (remember to ask for deposit from her??) then today i had a phone call this morning parent looking for minder but i'm FULL in 4 years i've never been this full so things are inproving so hopfully things will pick up for you too (((hugs)))

miffy
14-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Sorry you're feeling fed up

The person bad mouthing you is not worth worrying about - it is hurtful but best ignored she'll be on to something new next week

You will get some phone calls just hang in there

Miffy xx

nat1664
14-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi

Sorry your feeling like this......

Well I have posted many times saying that I have no enquires.

So I took the great advice and got myself some great postcards from vista print and done a drop around the houses, I done 100.......Had a phone call within an hour of finishing and been having phone calls ever since, I have 3 boys on my books now and Im well chuffed.

I have even had a phone call from another childminder saying she was going to give notice to one of her mindees and could she give my number:)

A leaflet drop has really worked for me :)

Good luck