PDA

View Full Version : emergency care over numbers

Helen79
26-05-2009, 08:24 AM
I look after her 18month old 2 & her 4 year old goes to nursery so not on my books.

She's due a baby in a few weeks so will probably need me to have both of them when she goes to the hospital, I'll be over my numbers so do I ring ofsted in advance & ask for a temp variation but don't know when it'll be or contact ofsted on the day she needs me & inform them I'm over my numbers.

cuffleygirl
26-05-2009, 08:32 AM
My understanding is that you have 2 weeks after being over numbers in emergency to inform ofsted of the event - obviously you request a variation if you know when exactly it was going to be - unlikely to be possible in this situation unless c-section or planned induction. I'm sure Ofsted would grant continuity of care at time like this and all that! You may end up doing overnight care though not planned you don't say if you are registered for that but surely no one could argue it wasn't in the best interest of the children!

Chatterbox Childcare
26-05-2009, 08:50 AM
This isn't an emergency and can be planned for. Call Ofsted and ask them what they want you to do.