PDA

View Full Version : outdoor toys

childminder54
13-02-2008, 04:48 PM
I need to buy a few outdoor toys bikes scooter ect for ages18months to 3years is argos the best and cheapest place to buy..:laughing: :laughing: :laugin

Thanks Veronica:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mollymop
13-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi ya, i got lots of stuff from ebay. I bought a toddler slide for £2, a crocorocker (or whatever they are called, i forgot:laughing: ) for £2.

I look for ebay things that are near to me so I can pick up.

littlesprogs
13-02-2008, 04:53 PM
i got all my outdoor equipment from freecycle. I got a bouncy castle, a few bikes and tricycles etc all for free.

I would have a look round on the net though it normally is cheaper than the shops. Take a look on ebay too. Also woolworths are sometimes cheaper than argos.

Monkey1
13-02-2008, 05:10 PM
I get mine from the car boot sales near me! Especially as i like to double up on a lot of things to stop those arguements...but then again i could have four of everything and they would still argue!

cherry
13-02-2008, 05:13 PM
I agree with Monkey, if you can hang on until the car boots start you'll get loads of stuff. That's where most of my toys come from.

Downside is that you have to get up early on a Sunday morning to get the best bargains.

Cherry

anneriddington
13-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Freecycle is a great place to pick up some bargains. I got my double pushchair there, its just like new, with rain cover and cosy toes. I do put things on there as well which makes me feel a little more at ease about taking stuff for FREE:clapping:

Twinkles
13-02-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm a big fan of jumble sales ( wendywu's fault) you can pick up some great bargains.

button68
13-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Another great place to get good second hand toys etc ... are NCT sales - I have had loads of outdoor stuff from these sales - but again you MUST get there early for the best stuff :)

It's also great for books :thumbsup:

lindylou
13-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Whats freecycle never heard of it i dont think we have one in Birkenhead
LINXX

charleyfarley
13-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Car boots are good or friends who no longer need these items

Also the ads in your local supermarket or local free paper

Good luck with your finds

Carol xx

button68
13-02-2008, 10:15 PM
LINXX

Maybe not 'cos I've never heard of it either :cool:

manjay
13-02-2008, 10:31 PM
LINXX

It's a site where you can request second hand goods and offer things you no longer want.

http://www.freecycle.org/

You have to register for a site near you and then the rest is history as they say. Tbh the few times I have seen anything I want I am too late so you have to be quick

amanda xx

tulip0803
13-02-2008, 10:42 PM
LINXX

I think your nearest is probably Liverpool.

http://www.freecycle.org/group/United%20Kingdom/North%20West/Liverpool

As Amanda said it is a great way to get free stuff and have a clear out as you can get rid of things too. Everything has to be free, you express an interest in something and then wait to see if you are selected by the owner. Always say please and thanks you will be surprised how many don't. Then you collect.

I am a local Mod on ours and it stops stuff being thrown out and going to landfill.

Juliaxx

tulip0803
13-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Just found one in Wirral

http://www.freecycle.org/group/UK/North%20West/Wirral

Julia XX

button68
13-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Just found one in Wirral

http://www.freecycle.org/group/UK/North%20West/Wirral

Julia XX

Thanks Julia have applied to join ('twas a long process as I had to get a Yahoo! account first :( )

I just have to wait to see if Wirral Freecycle have accepted me as a member or if I have been 'black-balled' :eek:

tulip0803
13-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks Julia have applied to join ('twas a long process as I had to get a Yahoo! account first :( )

I just have to wait to see if Wirral Freecycle have accepted me as a member or if I have been 'black-balled' :eek:

They Only "blackball" spammers - so as long as in your spare time :laughing: you aren't spamming the population you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

JuliaXX

lindylou
14-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Hi Button
Just realised you are from the wirral i am from oxton/prenton were are you
Linxx

button68
14-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi Button
Just realised you are from the wirral i am from oxton/prenton were are you
Linxx

Not far away from you ... Wallasey.

deeb66
14-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I need to buy a few outdoor toys bikes scooter ect for ages18months to 3years is argos the best and cheapest place to buy..:laughing: :laughing: :laugin

Thanks Veronica:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I also get a lot of my stuff from car boots, friends & ebay.

If you want to get brand new.....yes Argos is a good place but don't forget Early Learning Centre as you can get a 10% discount for being a childminder.

miffy
17-02-2008, 08:48 AM
If you order from ELC online you can get discount plus free delivery

I like car boots and jumble sales too

Also let friends know to ask you first if they are getting rid of anything and parents - I get quite a few things from my mindees parents

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
17-02-2008, 10:15 AM
I think your nearest is probably Liverpool.

http://www.freecycle.org/group/United%20Kingdom/North%20West/Liverpool

As Amanda said it is a great way to get free stuff and have a clear out as you can get rid of things too. Everything has to be free, you express an interest in something and then wait to see if you are selected by the owner. Always say please and thanks you will be surprised how many don't. Then you collect.

I am a local Mod on ours and it stops stuff being thrown out and going to landfill.

Juliaxx

I co own our local one and it is fab, I goifted loads of stuff yesterday to people when i cleaned my kitchen out x

tulip0803
17-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi ya, i got lots of stuff from ebay. I bought a toddler slide for £2, a crocorocker (or whatever they are called, i forgot:laughing: ) for £2.

I look for ebay things that are near to me so I can pick up.

Thank you for reminding me :thumbsup: . I hadn't looked on ebay for ages and have just picked up a load of garden toys for the summer 5 miles down the road. And I live in the sticks so there is hardly ever anything local.:excited:

Juliaxx

tulip0803
17-02-2008, 02:15 PM
I co own our local one and it is fab, I goifted loads of stuff yesterday to people when i cleaned my kitchen out x

I really think it's great.

Juliaxx