PDA

View Full Version : Oh lovely ...

amirose
26-05-2009, 06:37 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Its the school holidays and its POURING with rain :panic:

Today I have a 5 year old (boy) and an 8 year old and tomorrow I have them and a 13 month old as well :panic:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it stop raining!

OK rainy day outing ideas everyone - I have come up with a trip to the airport but not much else

P.S anywhere I go I will be getting there on a bus

miffy
26-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Sorry don't know your area well enough but if you have to stay at home why not have a cinema day - close curtains, pop on a DVD and pretend you're at the cinema.

Miffy xx

Twinkles
26-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Good idea miffy.
If you can get to your library rent out a film they haven't seen before and when you get home get them to make posters to advertise the film and tickets ( that should tick some boxes :thumbsup: )

amirose
26-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Sorry don't know your area well enough but if you have to stay at home why not have a cinema day - close curtains, pop on a DVD and pretend you're at the cinema.

Miffy xx

I like that idea (I would :laughing: ) it will have to be a take it easy day as S has a cough which had made his asthma flare up and T broke her finger last week :panic:
I just hope my 13 month old's cold has gone or I will be running a mini hospital!!!

amirose
26-05-2009, 06:57 AM
Good idea miffy.
If you can get to your library rent out a film they haven't seen before and when you get home get them to make posters to advertise the film and tickets ( that should tick some boxes :thumbsup: )

Oh what a great idea!!!

helenlc
26-05-2009, 06:58 AM
I am thinking the same thing too!! I have my own 11 and 9 yr olds plus 3 and 8 yr old siblings.

The 8 yr old is impossible to impress!! I have an array of crafts set up though and jelly messy play. Tidied up the garden yesterday but it just looks like a wet bog at the moment!!:laughing:

I also have no money til I get paid by siblings mum tonight and cannot venture too far (if at all) as the brakes in my car need changing (OH going to do it tonight).

Might do the cinema thing this afternoon too - lets hope Sky premiere has something cool on.

Lets pray together that we get through today!!! Lol

miffy
26-05-2009, 07:01 AM
Good idea miffy.

And make some sweets or ice-lollies for the interval :)

Miffy xx

sarah32
26-05-2009, 07:08 AM
I was hoping to go in the garden today with 5 children

8 year old
6 year old
3 year old
2 x 2 year old.

The cinema thing doesnt work in my house, the little ones dont sit still long enough and distract the older ones.:(

I think we will be off to the tots group this morning and hope for better weather this afternoon:)

Twinkles
26-05-2009, 07:10 AM
And make some sweets or ice-lollies for the interval :)

Miffy xx

Yay ! :clapping: I'm coming to yours Miffy :D

miffy
26-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Yay ! :clapping: I'm coming to yours Miffy

:D

You'd be very welcome but...............................I'm going out today :laughing:

Miffy xx

huggableshelly
26-05-2009, 07:19 AM
i have a 7 year old already here

expecting : 2 year old, 5,8, 10 & 11 year olds ........ and my own 2 aswell

the gazebo is up, art and craft is set up out there, it is pouring down with rain and they can all still go outside ... I have a large playhouse too so they can play in there.

it will drive me nuts to stay couped up in the house with them all. we are cooking later too not decided what yet but cant do it till after 3pm when some go home as cant handle 8 in the kitchen safely.

i just hope they all bring wellies ... puddle jumping is sooo much fun!

The Juggler
26-05-2009, 07:20 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Its the school holidays and its POURING with rain :panic:

Today I have a 5 year old (boy) and an 8 year old and tomorrow I have them and a 13 month old as well :panic:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it stop raining!

OK rainy day outing ideas everyone - I have come up with a trip to the airport but not much else

P.S anywhere I go I will be getting there on a bus

Hear, hear I have 6 children today. Hubby is off so thinking of heading out on tube to the natural history museum at least it's indoors and tube is free!

ORKSIE
26-05-2009, 07:21 AM
I'm getting the arty stuff out today...not done any arty for ages as we been out to toddler groups and wot not, so we have all day...no interuptions with school runs:clapping:

helenlc
26-05-2009, 07:40 AM
We havent done lots of crafts for ages as the 3 yr old and I normally go to toddler groups and park etc in the morning and he goes nursery in the afternoons.

Cinema thing will work as long as 3 yr old doesnt distract the others, so will have to choose my film wisely. Going to make them popcorn too.

I didnt get my gazebo up yesterday otherwise I would chuck them out there too. Mihgt put it up tonight in anticipation of more rain tomorrow.

On a positive note, my 3 yr old has come with a rain coat as opposed to just a denim jacket which he has come in for the last few weeks despite all the wet weather we have been having.

estrelas
26-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Good idea miffy.

Thats a great idea, will do this next week

amirose
26-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Well as usual things went off on a bit of a tangent!

We made finger puppets and it came with this teeney rubbish piece sheet of cardboard that was supposed to be a "theatre". So off I went into the loft to get a big cardboard box. We cut out a big hole and decorated it with screwed up balls of tissue paper then the kids dressed up and did a "puppet" show.

As long as they are enjoying themselves I don't mind :laughing:

mushpea
26-05-2009, 03:31 PM
we all went to the zoo, had promised the kids we'd go and they still wanted to in the rain so off we went and had a great time, mindees were all gone by 3pm, now the sun is shinning and all my two want to do is chill infront of the tv!

angeldelight
26-05-2009, 03:31 PM
We have had lovely weather a bit windy but the sun has been lovely

Angel xx