PDA

View Full Version : boys......

estrelas
25-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Tomorrow i have two 5 year old boys!
One on a settling in day, i know him already and hes starting in September but wanted him to come and play tomorrow as hes away for the whole summer hols

The other one is also 5 and hes just occassional holidays when his mum needs me, if i have space

What are they like?? what do they play with? apart from the obvious?

I currently only have girls, and a 2 year old boy who is very easy

Bit nervous about tomorrow, any help...:)

loocyloo
25-05-2009, 06:51 PM
one word of advice

OUTSIDE

with balls/paper airplanes/bubbles/pots to put bugs or ? in/paper & colouring stuff to draw what they have seen etc/dens/the park/feed ducks ...

lots of exercise!!!

i've got a 6 & 7 yr boys tomorrow! guess what we're doing!

have fun! xxx

sarah707
25-05-2009, 06:53 PM
I totally agree!

Waterproofs on if it's raining and out you all go!

Why not provide some kit to make a den? I'm inspired after recent training :D

estrelas
25-05-2009, 06:53 PM
one word of advice

OUTSIDE

with balls/paper airplanes/bubbles/pots to put bugs or ? in/paper & colouring stuff to draw what they have seen etc/dens/the park/feed ducks ...

lots of exercise!!!

i've got a 6 & 7 yr boys tomorrow! guess what we're doing!

have fun! xxx

:panic: :panic: :panic:

but its gonna rain tomorrow :panic: :panic: :panic: :laughing: :laughing:

estrelas
25-05-2009, 06:54 PM
I totally agree!

Waterproofs on if it's raining and out you all go!

Why not provide some kit to make a den? I'm inspired after recent training :D

ok, great idea, we could make one inside?? whoooooo off to find sheets, i have two girls to but i'm sure they'd love it

ORKSIE
25-05-2009, 06:54 PM
How bout Construction toys.
Garden...Football Etc
board games
I find boys also like girls games too eg Dolls,shops.
They do tend to all follow whats already being played.
The girls and boys in my setting all play the same games and like the same activities.
Let them see what is on offer and go from there, let them lead you.
Hope this is helpful.
Have fun.
You will be fine:thumbsup:

estrelas
25-05-2009, 06:56 PM
How bout Construction toys.
Garden...Football Etc
board games
I find boys also like girls games too eg Dolls,shops.
They do tend to all follow whats already being played.
The girls and boys in my setting all play the same games and like the same activities.
Let them see what is on offer and go from there, let them lead you.
Hope this is helpful.
Have fun.
You will be fine:thumbsup:

thanks, i have most of them, so will set up a game area and a den one

Thanks guys

Still a bit nervous tho :laughing:

ORKSIE
25-05-2009, 06:57 PM
You are very welcome:thumbsup:

Blackhorse
25-05-2009, 06:57 PM
I think boy boys will want some time to get to know each other and you better if they haven't been with you many times before.

talk about each others hobbies, interests..find out what they like.
take them for a walk outside.
go to the park..take a ball.

relax, have fun and go with the flow...

Oh and GOOD LUCK!!:cool: :D

pinklady
25-05-2009, 08:44 PM
You can never tell! My own 2 boys couldn't be any different. ds1 was always into puzzles & books but ds2 doesn't sit still long enough for either of those things!

All children love cooking, craft/messy play, board games, trips to the park or anything where an adult actually takes the time to do something with them.

Don't doubt yourself, they'll have a great time with you :thumbsup:

beckyteddy
25-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Until last month I minded for a 4 year old boy, and he and my own son (also 4) would do some very strange things after school!

The list includes:

Playing in my sons bedroom and having competitions to see who could scream the loudest (in high pitched voices)

Squirting the grass/toys/fences/flowers etc in the garden with spray bottles that you can fill with water.

Dig in mud with kid sized spades..........with no purpose or plan............just dig!

Eat (lots)

They did play with a lot of the construction toys mentioned above and played organised games etc. and they also really entertained each other brilliantly (they liked the same telly programmes as each other which was handy!)

Just go with the flow, have some stuff organised for them but given half a chance I bet they will be quite inventive and come up with some stuff we could never think off in a million years!!

estrelas
26-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Until last month I minded for a 4 year old boy, and he and my own son (also 4) would do some very strange things after school!

The list includes:

Playing in my sons bedroom and having competitions to see who could scream the loudest (in high pitched voices)

Squirting the grass/toys/fences/flowers etc in the garden with spray bottles that you can fill with water.

Dig in mud with kid sized spades..........with no purpose or plan............just dig!

Eat (lots)

They did play with a lot of the construction toys mentioned above and played organised games etc. and they also really entertained each other brilliantly (they liked the same telly programmes as each other which was handy!)

Just go with the flow, have some stuff organised for them but given half a chance I bet they will be quite inventive and come up with some stuff we could never think off in a million years!!

:laughing: :laughing:

screaming?? not sure i like that sort of play

Ok, i'm still a bit nervous, got out all my empty boxes and loads of paint, gonna try and make a village for the robots to live in ( they made them for school last week ) then they can take it to school, they are all in the same class and adore there teacher so hopefully this will work

Also set up a toy area with cars, garages etc.

Gazebos up outside with chalk to do pics on the drive way

And i have loads of sheets down to make a den with ( ta Sarah)

They'll be here in 30 mins :eek:

wish me luck

Mollymop
26-05-2009, 08:54 AM
I agree with everyone who says that boys love to be outside.

I always seem to care for girls. I have 1 boy on my books, he is only before school, so don't have him for too long each week. All the others are girls and always have been, apart from 1 boy who left after xmas.

LOOPYLISA
26-05-2009, 09:10 AM
OUTSIDE, can you tell i have a daughter :laughing: , seeing my stepson twice a month is enough :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

estrelas
26-05-2009, 11:15 AM
update

Just snuck on :blush:

We're having great fun!!

Painted boxes outside, the girls are making a princess castle, the boys are making a roman one! They've all been brill :laughing:

Don't know what I was so worried about now !

Daddy Day Care
26-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Glad its gonig so well for you

gareth
xx