PDA

View Full Version : Some advice

lwiddas
13-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had any advice.

I`ve attended the Introductory Course last week and my Local Authority are offering two courses, one end of Feb for six weeks (one full day a week) or one in April for 12 half days (one per week). I`ve a daughter 9 months and was intending on child minding and completing the course using one of my two days off a week, however, I`ve just been informed that I`m been made redundant in April and I have also been told today that I cannot go on the course until April. That leaves me needing to get another job until I am registered but think it`s unlikely I`ll find somehing able to let me have every thursday morning off and there are no courses on an evening. How are people who work supposed to be able to register?

Does anyone have any advice?

sarah707
13-02-2008, 04:01 PM
The registration process is quite long - not just icp courses, but also first aid and waiting for Ofsted and the CRB checks...

I think most people do courses in the evenings and at weekends, but again they are often not at convenient times.

I suggest you ring your local cis and ask them how they can best support you to do the necessary courses... :D

Mollymop
13-02-2008, 04:11 PM
You have to do a full day once a week for 6 weeks?

The icp course is usually only 2 hours a week for 6 weeks.

I was lucky as mine was in the evening form 7 till 9 every monday for 6 weeks.

Can you phone your local authority and ask about doing ICp distance learning if they haven't got at a course you can do in the evenings.

Also, best to check that you were told the ICp is 1 full day a week for 6 weeks, as that sounds wrong to me. :thumbsup: