PDA

View Full Version : questionnaire

moogster1a
25-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Thought you might be interested in this questionnaire from QCA about the EYFS. As ever I've given my forthright views on what nonsense and a waste of time it is. You never know, if enough of us say it, eventually someone might listen!
http://www.qca.org.uk/qca_22487.aspx

loocyloo
25-05-2009, 06:54 PM
great!

thank you!

xxx

i thought it was a very interesting questionaire, asking sensible questions about the EYFS, mainly to do with implementing it; mainly looking at areas of learning and the way they are planned/observed etc. i had to keep creating boxes to answer the questions, as they are wanting defined answers which i couldn't give - ie, the majority of the activities are child led, but may have been adult led at a prior occaision, and child has returned to it at a later stage etc. and they wanted child led/adult led/mixed etc

they also asked about training/publications/what other help etc would you like.

x

Chatterbox Childcare
26-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Can I ask how long you have been minding for as I don't share your view on the EYFS. I know that it has its problems but I truly believe that it has the interests of children at the heart.

The Juggler
27-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Can I ask how long you have been minding for as I don't share your view on the EYFS. I know that it has its problems but I truly believe that it has the interests of children at the heart.

I agree. Maybe some of the end of reception targets/goals are a little OTT for some of the literacy/numeracy especially since some children are not yet 5 then but overall the values of the EYFS have totally changed my practice - for the better.

estrelas
27-05-2009, 03:04 PM
I agree. Maybe some of the end of reception targets/goals are a little OTT for some of the literacy/numeracy especially since some children are not yet 5 then but overall the values of the EYFS have totally changed my practice - for the better.

i agree to :)

Chatterbox Childcare
27-05-2009, 03:47 PM
What a great questionnaire. Hopefully some more training will come of it as they asked for specific areas that we live in.