PDA

View Full Version : Explanation to one of lifes little mysteries

Pipsqueak
25-05-2009, 01:40 PM
If anyone can manage to explain this then great.

How come - when a bloke is having a 'holiday' (or even just the weekend off)- even if its just a bank holiday weekend they actually manage to do absolutely sweet nuffink! Not even pick up the breakfast dishes from the day before???? (Have just uncovered a breakfast dish - underneath HIS pile of Sunday papers).:angry:

And how come when a woman has a holiday(used in the broadest of terms) - she spends it clearing and cleaning up all the detrius that has managed to pile up because she went and spent the day buried in her coursework?

The thing is I don;t even consider it work now - its just stuff - so as per normal stuff that it doesn't even register with me a work!!!:rolleyes:

Demonjill
25-05-2009, 02:10 PM
That does ring a bell! lol

I think I am on call 24 / 7 even if DH is doing things round house or sorting kids - i kinda supervise its just my way - I cannot relax not knowing whats happening or if everyone is safe even though they are IYSWIM

DH was watching Formula 1 while i was rushing round like a mad thing so i put the ironing board up in front of him and he did manage to multi task!!!!!:laughing:

Roseolivia
25-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Can't answer that one. It's like the man flu question isn't it. My partner has burnt his face yesterday and is acting like it's the end of the world and he's got 'sunstroke'. I've burnt my shoulders but get no sympathy off him at all.

westbrom44
25-05-2009, 03:00 PM
I dont know, as my hubbie isnt like that. He is a 'new man' so does as much as I do when he is not at work.

Pipsqueak
25-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I dont know, as my hubbie isnt like that. He is a 'new man' so does as much as I do when he is not at work.

I want one, which aisle at the supermarket did you find him??? How often do you have to replace the batteries???:laughing: :laughing:

I must admit Bri is pretty good - after a kick up the rear end!

mum2two
25-05-2009, 03:20 PM

I was going to say similar... DH is great (most of the time!) Sat both busy, him ouside me inside sorting the house out.

Yesterday, I didn't wake til about 9am :blush: , & could hear hubby outside sawing etc, kids moaning... Got up, watched all my soaps on sky+, and didn't get dressed til gone 12pm... :D Did a little washing & ironing. Then we all spent the afternoon at a friends. :thumbsup:

Today, again, lie in til 8.30. Mooched this morning, & not really done anything, whilst he's been building cupboards, fences etc in the garden!! :clapping:

But, I have needed a weekend like this.

xx

Daddy Day Care
25-05-2009, 05:24 PM
hmm think I better keep away form this post

Blaze
25-05-2009, 05:40 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Daddy day Care!:D

FW is ok as long as I organise him & have a spectacular tamtrum once in a while!:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
25-05-2009, 05:42 PM
hmm think I better keep away form this post

lol:laughing:

Blackhorse
25-05-2009, 06:52 PM
the scientific explanation (and I did 2 years at uni studying biology) is as follows:

This aparent weeknesses in the male population derive from the difference between male and female chromsomes (bits with the genes on)

the ones for females are: XX
the ones for males are: XY

now as you can see the Y is really just an X with a bit missing.
It is this missing bit that unfortunatly means that most males (there are exceptions thanks to genetic mutations) are unable to do most of the simple tasks that are ''normal'' every day tasks for femals whether it is a holiday or not.

:laughing: :laughing:

Daddy Day Care
25-05-2009, 06:55 PM
:censored: :censored: :censored:

I seem to be donig a lot of swearing tonight lol

Blackhorse
25-05-2009, 07:00 PM
:censored: :censored: :censored:

I seem to be donig a lot of swearing tonight lol

Oh dear... I think you should have taken your own advice from before to stay away from this post!!! :laughing:

(hope you don't mind my little scientific fun post...)
I can try and do one to make men look good if that would make you feel better!!!

estrelas
25-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Lol, at this....

Same as mine but to be fair hes been a totall star this weekend, he even moped!!!! :eek: shocking but true :laughing:

Monkey1
25-05-2009, 07:07 PM
I want one, which aisle at the supermarket did you find him??? How often do you have to replace the batteries???:laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: And do they BOGOF?;)

I know what you mean, i haven't done half of what i got planned but hubby has done sweet fa all weekend!:rolleyes:

Daddy Day Care
25-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Oh dear... I think you should have taken your own advice from before to stay away from this post!!! :laughing:

(hope you don't mind my little scientific fun post...)
I can try and do one to make men look good if that would make you feel better!!!

I couldnt help myself, had to look, I know theres other male childminders on here where are they when I need some support :(

Gareth
xx

LOOPYLISA
25-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Sorry i have a good hubby he does as much as i do if not more :blush: :D

I really can't complain about him, well ok sometimes i do :D

Pipsqueak
25-05-2009, 08:18 PM
the scientific explanation (and I did 2 years at uni studying biology) is as follows:

This aparent weeknesses in the male population derive from the difference between male and female chromsomes (bits with the genes on)

the ones for females are: XX
the ones for males are: XY

now as you can see the Y is really just an X with a bit missing.
It is this missing bit that unfortunatly means that most males (there are exceptions thanks to genetic mutations) are unable to do most of the simple tasks that are ''normal'' every day tasks for femals whether it is a holiday or not.

:laughing: :laughing:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: brilliant totally brilliant. I knew there had to be a simple explanation

Sorry Gareth - I am not going to tar all fellas with the same brush (my hubs is great really - I think I am just jealous that he can totally switch off and mean it!! lol). As to where are the other fellas when they are needed - well errrmmm.... they are missing:D