PDA

View Full Version : any one else having problems with claiming money for milk?

butterfly
25-05-2009, 10:38 AM
I have written to the people twice requesting a form to reclaim the money i spend on milk but i've not had a single reply! has anyone else had problems with this? does anyone know what i can do to get them to hurry up? also how far back can you claim milk if you don't have receipts? i've been minding for nearly a year and haven't been able to claim anything!!

sonia ann
25-05-2009, 11:01 AM
https://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/index.html

have you got the correct address....it has changed over the years quite often....try the above link to download a form.....or is this the one you used?:)

Chatterbox Childcare
25-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Just register online and all the paperwork will be sent to you and then you can claim online

sonia ann
25-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Just register online and all the paperwork will be sent to you and then you can claim online

I'm not sure that you can actually register online, there doesn't seem to be an option for that:(

butterfly
25-05-2009, 11:15 AM
https://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/index.html

have you got the correct address....it has changed over the years quite often....try the above link to download a form.....or is this the one you used?:)

thank you both! i didn't know i could register online! ncma just gave me an address to write to!

Alibali
25-05-2009, 01:13 PM
I do it all on line now, never had a problem, you can claim for two years I think, but only since when you registered with them.

butterfly
25-05-2009, 03:21 PM
well i've filled out my form and posted it so i'll let you know when i hear! i can't believe i didn't ask this question before - i could have got loads of money back!

sonia ann
25-05-2009, 03:45 PM
well i've filled out my form and posted it so i'll let you know when i hear! i can't believe i didn't ask this question before - i could have got loads of money back!

hope you hear back soon:)

Chatterbox Childcare
28-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Have you received your registration form back yet? You can back claim to the date you registered

mumx3
02-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Can I ask, how much money do you get back? Is it worth the paperwork?

sonia ann
02-06-2009, 09:21 PM

you get back the full cost of the milk that you have supplied to the under 5s in your care ie 1/3pt or 189mls per child per day.....it takes me less than 5 minutes a month to submit my claim:)

Chatterbox Childcare
02-06-2009, 09:28 PM

I get about £14 per month so worth it

Zoomie
02-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Thank you sooooooo much for this.

BUT what are the answers for these questions?

12 How many day care sessions are you open for each week ?Is a session a day, or a morning or afternoon

13 What duration are the day care sessions ?obviously based on above but ?

14 Maximum number of children, under 5, per session?is that the number on my certificate, or just the number of mindees I have?

Why is nothing simple anymore ?

julie w
03-06-2009, 03:05 PM
I found it was easier just to add milk onto my daily food expenses.

sonia ann
03-06-2009, 05:13 PM

you are missing the point , you still put the cost of the milk through as an expense and then claim the money back (which you are entitled to do), the refund is then put through your books as income:)

butterfly
03-06-2009, 06:53 PM
i'm still waiting to hear back! do you need receipts to make your claim? or can you just claim 1/3 pt per child? how would my receipts prove how much the mindees used?

Daftbat
03-06-2009, 09:53 PM
I have given up on this a long time ago. I filled in forms twice and got absolutely nothing back. The amounts involved for me makes it seem not worthwhile. Loads of people i know have the same result.

sonia ann
03-06-2009, 10:00 PM
i'm still waiting to hear back! do you need receipts to make your claim? or can you just claim 1/3 pt per child? how would my receipts prove how much the mindees used?

I have never needed to show my receipts yet. The receipts would be to show the price you paid per pt/litre of milk , not necessarily the amount as I buy the family milk and mindees together.

Jules12Wed
04-06-2009, 11:57 AM
this has prompted me to call as I filled in an application form a few months back.

He said yes I have been registered since April, gave me a password and code, I can claim online if I like he tried to talk me through it but it seemed complicated. He is going to send me out a paper copy said that made it seem easier but to call when I get the paper copy and he will go through it with me.

manjay
04-06-2009, 12:23 PM
I have done this recently (one of things I never quite got round to doing). I did it all online and the only problem I had was due to me forgetting to enclose a copy of my registration certificate:blush: .

I have put in 2 monthly claims online so far and money is in my bank account within a few days. I have not been asked for receipts but I keep all food receipts anway so could provide them if needed.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Thank you sooooooo much for this.

BUT what are the answers for these questions?

12 How many day care sessions are you open for each week ?Is a session a day, or a morning or afternoon

put 10 sessions (5 x morning and 5 x afternoon)

13 What duration are the day care sessions ?obviously based on above but ?

8-12.30 and 12.30-5

14 Maximum number of children, under 5, per session?is that the number on my certificate, or just the number of mindees I have?

Put what is on your registration - mostly 3 under 5

Why is nothing simple anymore ?

It's always easy when you know how - a bit like a Microsoft instructions manual!

Chatterbox Childcare
07-06-2009, 03:57 PM

You will just save the tax amount - if you put it through and add in the income from the milk it will be zero but you will have the money in your pocket

Louise_Oaktree
25-06-2009, 12:02 PM
You are supposed to keep all receipts but you don't have to send any in - just keep for proof but you should be keeping these anyway along with food shopping receipts etc ;)