PDA

View Full Version : sooo mad!!

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 03:06 PM
argh!! Im so mad !!! I am still not very well but went into town because I had arranged to meet a parent so that she could pay me the outstanding fees she owes me.

we were due to meet at 10.30, i went to my parents who live near town to wait til we were due to meet so i could wait somewhere warm if she was late. I rang her at 10.45 as she hadnt been in touch and she said she was in durham?! she said she had gone shopping and only just got there so she would be all day, would I be in town later on? I was fuming when she said this. I said no I wouldnt be in town and would have to let her know when I would be home so she could drop off the money. I didnt really know what to say so I needed to get off the phone to think straight!! I was expecting £300 from her and could of really done with getting it this morning so I could get all my bits n bobs and now if she does give it to me later on tonight I will now have to go back into town tomorrow, which is a pain!

I didnt want her to come to the house because she will be bringing the children and last time she came to bring me some money stayed for 2 hours with the children and I feel that when I am not working I shouldnt have to have her and the children over for that long as she expects me to feed the children and look after them as if I was working!! She has now text to say she will be coming later tonight. She doesnt have a very lot of money but yet she has gone shopping in durham and I am concerned she wont pay me what she owes me, although I have warned her that she will get late charges if she doesnt pay.

I am just really annoyed to be honest as she obviously knew she was going to durham and couldnt meet me yet when I rung her last night to check what time we would be meetin she didnt say anything, neither did she contact me today and I went into town especially to meet her and Im not feeling very well either.

thanks for letting me rant!! x x

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I would be fumming to be honest

Hope you are charging her late fees

Sorry but I would not go and meet her - why should you have to chase her and put yourself out for YOUR money?

I would let her come to the house and yes you are right you have finished and it will be out of hours
So do not invite her in
If you do not like to do that - just say you have family visitors and you are closed for the day so I am sorry I cannot invite you in

She is a cheeky so and so and she is very lucky that you have not lost your temper with her

I hope you get it sorted and I do hope you get paid

Angel xx

Hope you feel better soon

Schnakes
13-02-2008, 03:15 PM
What a joke!! I feel your pain, I really do. :mad:

Sx

flora
13-02-2008, 03:15 PM
oH Cheeky, what a cow!!!:mad: some people just have no consideration do they??
Explain to her firmly but politely that on your day off you have better things to do than hang around for someone who is not coming. One of my mums is lovley but very unreliable and often forgets to let me know that the kids are't coming till 10mins after they should be here. I reminded her that I do have a full and busy life and that if I was running around like a headless chuck then I would have less energy to look after her kid when she did need me..:D

As for the money, make sure you give her clear deadlines/ late payments details or whatever you want and make sure you are again firm but assertive. As others have said in other posts, remind her that you too have bills to pay and you need to count on the money being there when it should be not when she feels like it.

hope you feel better soon xx

sarah707
13-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Like Angel says - she should come to the house, pay you and leave... no invites in... it's your money, you've earned it.

If this woman sent her child to a nursery, does she think the manager would go and meet her in town when it's billing time? Too much to ask of you :mad:

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 03:32 PM
well she pays me weekly as this is when she gets tax credits and the government pay the whole amount, so its not like anything is even coming out of her pocket!! I have been slack with her deadline in Jan as she was a new parent and was still sorting out the tax credit and said that she wouldnt get it til 3 weeks, do they do this?!! so I let it go for 3 weeks until she said she started receiving the benefit, I have now informed her that she has until friday to pay the outstanding balance or I will add late charges. she hasnt been too bad with paying so far, just claiming for more than I am chargin her etc etc.

It just annoys me that she doesnt pay me what she owes but its ok for her to go on mega spending sprees and spend £100 on clothes at a time and all sorts of stuff she doesnt really need, she often brags about what she has been buying and always leaves bank statements and receipts in the carrier bags she gives me that have babies milk in. I feel like my nose is being rubbed into it!

grrr

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 03:35 PM
I had a new parent not long ago and the tax credits were slow and it did take 3 weeks to sort her money out

She still had to pay me though - she did hint a few times - but sorry to sound harsh but it is not my problem
She paid me and just kept the tax credits when it came through

I would tell her that if she does not you then will have to suspend the minding until she does pay

No fees - no childminding

Fair is fair it is your business

Angel xx

Mollymop
13-02-2008, 04:22 PM
How dare she! If she owes you money you should be her first priority! Ohhh it makes me soooooo mad how a lot of childminders get used, it seems to be happening to everyone on here.

I hope you get your money later.
If you are worried about her coming in, make up an excuse, like, I am getting tea ready, or something and don't let her over the door step.

Don't let her mess you around again.

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 04:24 PM
yeah hubby is working late he thinks tonight too so I will have less of an excuse and she will probably want to stay !! but I am gunna try the im going out or making tea line and see what happens argh!! x x x

Pipsqueak
13-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Ask a friend to phone you approx 10 minutes after her arriving (fingers crossed she does), even if they put the phone down on you, you can pretend you are needed and have to go out??? Or get a neighbour to come round on the pretence they need you or remind you about having to go out......

Don't be worried about not inviting them in - your time your house.

How blinkin cheeky though expecting you to traipse round after your money and then to stand you up.

Please be strong Cheeky and tell this parent that today has been unacceptable and that it affects you and your family when you don't get paid. Tell her that although you try to be accomodating and understanding you are running a business and in future you will have to charge her late payment fees and wasted time fees (and make sure you do it) and that you may have to seek legal advice (through the NCMA) if this situation continues and that is something you would really rather not do.

Hope all goes well later xxxx

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 05:52 PM
lady was supposed to be coming at 5ish and I rung her at 5.10 to see where she was, phone was off. I rang back at about 5.20 and it rung and rung til answer machine, so i rung back straight away and after 2 rings it went onto anserphone, so I dont know what to do now?!! She doesnt have a home phone, but her partner finishes work at 6 i think so should i ring him?? I didnt want to leave a message because I didnt know what to say to her?!

really annoying tho, cos she often rings me 30million times (ok maybe not that much!) when I am due to have the children. she will ring 10mins early to check im home (which I always am) and she doesnt stop ringing until I answer, so it bugs me that she isnt answering her own phone!

I can see me not getting paid today somehow?! argh!

littlesprogs
13-02-2008, 05:57 PM
charge her late fee's and see if that makes her pay quicker.

I would ring again and when it goes to answer machine leave a message and say 'since you have not arrived with my money i will be adding on late fee's at £xx amount per day until you have paid. I also will be withholding care until the fees are up to date'

will be funny to see how quickly she gets round with your money then.

Obviously this is only if you have a late fees policy etc

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 06:00 PM
well I do, its a bit complicated. I originally agreed to charge X amount and for her to pay monthly, this was written in the contract and the late fee was £5 per day.

but we have now agreed to her paying me more and weekly, cos its easier for her. I havnt changed the contract cos she has just gone on hols with the children, so havnt got chance to. so im unsure what I can charge her really?! she is supposed to pay me on wednesdays but obviously she is still shopping, or on her way back ?! im gunna give her a call now x x

littlesprogs
13-02-2008, 06:04 PM
as far as i'm aware you can charge whatever is in the contract.

So if she's meant to pay you today and she doesnt then you can add £5 a day on from now and everyday until she pays. Also withhold care until then too. You need to be firm otherwise she will think she can keep getting away with it

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 06:12 PM
ooo ! some people just make my blood boil. I have managed to get in contact with the father who has just finished work. He said he wasnt sure why her phone was off or she wasnt answering. he also didnt realise how much she owed me as she always pays and he doesnt have anything to do with it. He has said she def got money today and he is a bit cross with her for not paying and messing me about. He says he will talk to her when he gets home if she is there, but otherwise he will bring the money tomorrow morning himself if she is unable to come today. I rang mother again and left a message saying can you give me a ring back because its getting late and I can wait in all night expecting her to call anytime, I was sooo fuming!! I just couldnt believe that she could have the cheek to do all of this today.

Father said he would do his best to get the money that she owed from Jan sorted before deadline but if not he understood my charging late fee as it is fair enough. I thought that was pretty decent of him, but it just makes me so mad cos I have a funny feeling she has spent it all today and I wont get my money. xx

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 06:13 PM
as far as i'm aware you can charge whatever is in the contract.

So if she's meant to pay you today and she doesnt then you can add £5 a day on from now and everyday until she pays. Also withhold care until then too. You need to be firm otherwise she will think she can keep getting away with it

the date of payment is the first of every month as stated in contract, also I am not having them this week as they are on hols (half term) and so I wont see them til next mon anyway, hopefully it will be all payed off by then x

sandy
13-02-2008, 06:13 PM
God, some people are unbelievable aren't they :angry:

You don't deserve this.

Leave a message on the answerphone explaining the situation, its less embarassing - " Pay up tonight as promised or late fees then no minding at all "
Plan what your going to say first so you don't chicken out !!

Good luck x

Sandy

littlesprogs
13-02-2008, 06:15 PM
At least the dad was more understanding so hopefully you will have your money soon.

I just dont understand people like this. Me and hubby are very short of money atthe moment but we always ALWAYS make sure all the bills have gone out first before we spend what little we have left so why cant other people pay their bills before going off shopping etc some people :angry:

Pipsqueak
13-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Totally agree with Littlesprogs.

Ring her back and say that she has reneged on what she has said twice and you will be instigating late charges of £ xx per day and withholding care (at normal rates) until fees are bought up to date. I would also add in that you are taking legal advice tomorrow morning and you will be sending her a letter tomorrow stating her breach of contract and refusal to pay (as this is what she appears to be doing).

Record, record, record (in writing) everything and keep it on file. Dates, times, (on when she was supposed to come, when you;ve rung her/chased her for payment) what she has said etc etc.....

Bet that will make her sit up and take notice.

BUT make sure you actually do it.

sandy
13-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Lets hope the father has more of a conscience than the mother

Sandy

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 06:20 PM
yeah I am def going to log today's events so that if she asks when and what at least i have something to prove!! argh its just really annoying!!!!

wendywu
13-02-2008, 06:33 PM
I dont see how you could possibly have a working relationship with a person like this. If she starts off like this what will happen when she has been with you a while. If she does drop the money round dont invite her in just stand in the hall way and say what you have to say.

I dont like the woman and i have never met her. I would keep hold of any bank statments that she gives you or take a copy and receipts, if you ever had to take her to court for non payment then you have proof that she had the money to pay you and she cannot plead poverty.

\\\good luck and be strong:angry:

Rubybubbles
13-02-2008, 06:36 PM
oh hun, agree with everyone, be strong

Arghhhhhhhhhhh parents

button68
13-02-2008, 06:42 PM
The mum I have recieves WTC. She phoned them on the Wednesday and gave them my Reg. Number and told them her 2 children were starting with me on the following Tuesday

She received her first payment on the Wednesday (day after they started with me) so it took 1 week to process her, iyswim.

They pay her 4 weekly and this is what we have agreed too - 4 weekly in advance.

Rubybubbles
13-02-2008, 06:43 PM
The mum I have recieves WTC. She phoned them on the Wednesday and gave them my Reg. Number and told them her 2 children were starting with me on the following Tuesday

She received her first payment on the Wednesday (day after they started with me) so it took 1 week to process her, iyswim.
They pay her 4 weekly and this is what we have agreed too - 4 weekly in advance.

haha swimming again for cheeky;)

casey's mum
13-02-2008, 06:47 PM
AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I feel for you soooo much! I couldn't face someone I owed money too let alone inform them I was going on a shopping spree!! You do feel like your nose is being rubbed in it I agree!
When one of my parents was 2 weeks late in paying during that time they very excitedely told me they had taken their family of 5 to see a big pantomine production in Cardiff and then a couple of days later booked and paid for their break in Eurodisney at the Easter holidays of all times so bet that wasn't cheap!
Up to them what they do with their money but I felt like saying "well say thank you to me then, seeings as you paid for all this with my money!!!"
Good idea getting a friend to phone about 10 mins after she due at house!!

Good luck, I hope you get all of your money!!

Angela xx

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 06:50 PM
hehe! yeah I love my swimming!!! I havnt received any further contact but when I phoned the father he said she has been getting £150 per week since feb 6th and I only charge her £80!! I have put it up to the current amount she is claiming for as I dont think it is fair she is getting an extra £70 a week for nothing!! I was shocked by this when he said it!! He said he couldnt understand why she hadnt paid when she has been getting the money. so we will see what happens, but from now on I will make her sign every receipt so she cant rip me off anymore!! xx

casey's mum
13-02-2008, 06:52 PM
charge her late fee's and see if that makes her pay quicker.

I would ring again and when it goes to answer machine leave a message and say 'since you have not arrived with my money i will be adding on late fee's at £xx amount per day until you have paid. I also will be withholding care until the fees are up to date'

will be funny to see how quickly she gets round with your money then.

Obviously this is only if you have a late fees policy etc

I totally agree with this Cheeky. This lady seems like a nightmare, my parents that sometimes pay late were great in the begining and have become more lax(?) with paying me over the year. Is this lady gonna get worse? Stamp it out now!

button68
13-02-2008, 06:55 PM
haha swimming again for cheeky;)

It's the only exercise I get!

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 06:56 PM
I know ! thing is she has been ok with paying weekly so far, apart from the 2wks in Jan (as explained before) I know she has claimed for more than I am charging, but with me putting fees up to what benefit she is actually claiming I am hoping this stops her silliness, cos she cant receive anymore benefit, this is her limit. Its just a bit odd (and frustrating) her not being in contact today.xx

custardcream
13-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Some people, you work hard and deserve your money.

I hope you get it sorted.

casey's mum
13-02-2008, 07:12 PM
I agree! It not much to ask for a few manners and a bit of curtousy!
Have you told her that family cred do phone us sometimes to do like spot checks on our charges to check the parents info? I bet she would turn white if she claiming over and above.

I am with ya girl, it frustrating and sooooo unfair! Hope you manage to get in touch with her and get your money and soon!

Angela xx

nell57
13-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi sorry you're having a bad time.
I cant believe some people have the bare faced cheek to do things like this, with no conscious how it affects anyone else, hope it gets resolved sooner than later

Helen

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 07:20 PM
I agree! It not much to ask for a few manners and a bit of curtousy!
Have you told her that family cred do phone us sometimes to do like spot checks on our charges to check the parents info? I bet she would turn white if she claiming over and above.

I am with ya girl, it frustrating and sooooo unfair! Hope you manage to get in touch with her and get your money and soon!

Angela xx

yeah this is the same lady I rang the tax credit people about, they said that they would contact her which they did and she said it was their fault because she def told them the right amount, it is their fault that they paid her too much!! hehe

casey's mum
13-02-2008, 07:31 PM
That department is a complete joke! they over paid my husband and I before I started minding and we sorted out a repayment plan, they then sent me out a renewal letter saying they were gonna pay me something like 55 pounds per week which I wasn't entitled to and that they would add this overpayment to what was already owed to them. When I phoned to say don't pay me anything and then I won't owe you anymore they just could not understand what I meant!!! My 7 year old could understand that!!!

Angela xx

Pipsqueak
13-02-2008, 07:41 PM
That department is a complete joke! they over paid my husband and I before I started minding and we sorted out a repayment plan, they then sent me out a renewal letter saying they were gonna pay me something like 55 pounds per week which I wasn't entitled to and that they would add this overpayment to what was already owed to them. When I phoned to say don't pay me anything and then I won't owe you anymore they just could not understand what I meant!!! My 7 year old could understand that!!!

Angela xx

This is what they done to us a couple of years back, overpaid us then to reclaim it stopped all money for nearly 9months (that put us in dire straights as hubby hurt his back and couldn't work - he is S/E) and they have just informed us again that they overpaid us from Aprl 06 to sept 06 and they now what a total of nearly £3000 back. The thing is this when they overpaid us last time and stopped our money first time around!!!
We are appealing and have requested forms nearly 10 days ago but they still haven't sent them out but the Tax office and sending us letters saying if we don't repay the full amount then they are taking us to court!!!

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Cheeky I hope this dad turns up as planned

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 07:58 PM
This is what they done to us a couple of years back, overpaid us then to reclaim it stopped all money for nearly 9months (that put us in dire straights as hubby hurt his back and couldn't work - he is S/E) and they have just informed us again that they overpaid us from Aprl 06 to sept 06 and they now what a total of nearly £3000 back. The thing is this when they overpaid us last time and stopped our money first time around!!!
We are appealing and have requested forms nearly 10 days ago but they still haven't sent them out but the Tax office and sending us letters saying if we don't repay the full amount then they are taking us to court!!!

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Cheeky I hope this dad turns up as planned

dont worry about hijacking the thread chuck! this is madness, at the mo we dont get any benefits, and I am beginning to think its a good thing!! hehe x

casey's mum
13-02-2008, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=vik3000;53247]This is what they done to us a couple of years back, overpaid us then to reclaim it stopped all money for nearly 9months (that put us in dire straights as hubby hurt his back and couldn't work - he is S/E) and they have just informed us again that they overpaid us from Aprl 06 to sept 06 and they now what a total of nearly £3000 back. The thing is this when they overpaid us last time and stopped our money first time around!!!

We never received the forms so in the end my husband phoned them and eventually got put through to the right dept. He pleaded poverty to the extreme (even made me feel sorry for him lol) and in the end I think they decided that we had a spare 12.00 a month to pay them! Cant remember over how many years it is but hubs felt better as giving them pittance was his form of protest! lol

Cheeky Chops
14-02-2008, 11:52 AM
:update:

after having no contact from either parent last night I ran the mother this morning, she said she was on the bus and needed to go into town to get a new phone and would come up afterwards to my house to drop money off. I thought fantastic !!

.......then

when she came up she came with her mum (who I also know) and both were in the car (ladies mum driving and lady sat in the back with children) they beeped outside the house for me to come out and get the money from them. I thought it was so rude they did this, but went out in my feet to get it! It was only £80. I was so gutted.

Last week she spent nearly 2 hours talking to me when I told her I needed to put the fees up to what she was actually claiming for (I was charging £80, she was claimin £150) so we agreed it would be going up to £150 as of yesterday as she gets her tax credits on wednesdays. I asked her why the money was £80 and not £150 and she started to say she thought it was happening in april and not now and I said last week you told me you had been to see I.Revenue and sorted it out. she gave me mixed answers and appeared confused about our conversation. Nothing she said made any sense and got me more and more confused and annoyed.

do you think I could ring I.Revenue to ask them to pay the benefit into my bank account? if so do you know who I need to ring?

also do you think that because we had a verbal agreement about the fees going up (until the contracts could be changed) I should charge her the outstanding on this weeks fee (£70)??

she also owes me some other money from Jan which I have warned her she will be getting late charges added if not payed off tomorrow, I addressed this in the car and she said I would be getting that as she gets £30 soon, I told her its £160 and she said something about savings then went onto something else. So she has until end of day tomorrow to pay that. But I wont hold my breathe.

I felt very annoyed about having to talk over her mother and thought they were very rude for not getting out of the car. When I got into the house I have burst into tears as I am so upset I have been treated like this. I dont know where to go next and what to do. I had no apology about yesterday and thought that was very rude.

any help would be appreciated x

Pipsqueak
14-02-2008, 12:03 PM
No, I reckon enough is enough Cheeky - you have been more than patient.

First of all record whats been said and done and paid.

Ring Dad and inform him of the situation (including you having to go out to the car - how ****** cheeky) and tell him you are taking legal advice and you are now withholding care unless the money is paid in full today and late fees will be added each day. I would also add in that mum should not have bought a new phone as she should have paid your overdue fees with the money instead.

Write a (strong worded) letter addressed to both parents and send recorded delivery as well stating that they are in breach of contract.

I think this situation is disgusting and the mother is playing you big time, for your sake do not allow it to go on any longer.

Tax credits will not pay it to you I'm afraid - it goes to the parents.

Please pick up the phone right now and get legal advice from the NCMA team, then ring Dad and Mum (him first) and then write your letter.

Be strong Cheeky - this is YOUR money and YOU deserve it

I am so angry on your behalf

Lou
14-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Totally agree with Vik cheeky.

Time to get tough how dare she beahve like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angeldelight
14-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Good luck

Be strong

Angel xx

Cheeky Chops
14-02-2008, 12:17 PM
No, I reckon enough is enough Cheeky - you have been more than patient.

First of all record whats been said and done and paid.

Ring Dad and inform him of the situation (including you having to go out to the car - how ****** cheeky) and tell him you are taking legal advice and you are now withholding care unless the money is paid in full today and late fees will be added each day. Can I do this as we only agreed verbally about raising fees and the only thing in contract is £80. can I add late fees if she has paid me some today and I have already stated that late fees will be coming anyway after friday?? I would also add in that mum should not have bought a new phone as she should have paid your overdue fees with the money instead.

Write a (strong worded) letter addressed to both parents and send recorded delivery as well stating that they are in breach of contract.

I think this situation is disgusting and the mother is playing you big time, for your sake do not allow it to go on any longer.

Tax credits will not pay it to you I'm afraid - it goes to the parents.
I have tried asking for a direct debit but she wont do it and puts it off and changes subject
Please pick up the phone right now and get legal advice from the NCMA team, then ring Dad and Mum (him first) and then write your letter.

Be strong Cheeky - this is YOUR money and YOU deserve it

I am so angry on your behalf

I am very cross but mostly upset about this whole thing. she is only young too and feel like Im being taken for a mug by a yung un. I will ring NCMA line, is it just the free legal advice one? x

miffy
14-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh Cheeky I am sorry this woman has upset you - she has behaved appallingly and if it was me I'd give notice and think I was well rid.

If I understand this correctly you agreed to mind her children for £80 a week but she claimed £150 a week from tax credits.

When you found out you put up your prices to match what she was receiving in tax credits but you do not have this in writing.

I think Vik has a good point and you should seek legal advice. The parents claim in tax credits was fraudulent because you were only charging her £80 not £150 a week but I am not sure where that leaves you when you decided to put up your fees (and I understand why you did it but I'm looking at legally) to match what she was receiving iyswim - did you double other parents fees at the same time?

Also you do not have anything in writing to cover these changes in your arrangements.

I hope you can get it sorted without any more hassle

Miffy xx

Cheeky Chops
14-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Oh Cheeky I am sorry this woman has upset you - she has behaved appallingly and if it was me I'd give notice and think I was well rid.

If I understand this correctly you agreed to mind her children for £80 a week but she claimed £150 a week from tax credits.

When you found out you put up your prices to match what she was receiving in tax credits but you do not have this in writing.

I think Vik has a good point and you should seek legal advice. The parents claim in tax credits was fraudulent because you were only charging her £80 not £150 a week but I am not sure where that leaves you when you decided to put up your fees (and I understand why you did it but I'm looking at legally) to match what she was receiving iyswim - did you double other parents fees at the same time?

Also you do not have anything in writing to cover these changes in your arrangements.

I hope you can get it sorted without any more hassle

Miffy xx

yes miffy you are right, I am unsure too. x

miffy
14-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Give the NCMA a ring and let us know what they say

I'm really sorry you're so upset by this but just remember it is the parent that is causing the problem not you!

Thinking of you

Miffy xx

berkschick
14-02-2008, 12:34 PM
What a nightmare, Im sorry this is still not sorted out.

How much do you charge her per hour? Were you doing her a favour by only charging her £80 a week?

I dont know what you can do about the extra money she owes you if it wasnt written down anywhere.

Is this the only child you care fir currently?

I think if it were me, I would ring tax credits again and explain the situation.

I would then make the decision of if I wanted to carry on with this family or not.

If I did then I would start again with them with a brand new contract and a weekly standing order in place in ADVANCE for their fees. I would also make sure both Mum and Dad sign the contract so they are both accountable. And obviously increase the fees to the new amount you have agreed.

If you chose not to carry on then I would give notice and inform the tax office that as of xx date, you will no longer be caring for their child.

angeldelight
14-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Not sure why she was claming so much tax credit when your contract fees were not the same ?

Maybe you should tell her due to the problems surrounding this you are reviewing the contracts and starting afresh and feel that under the circumstances that a new one is needed to avoid any further confusion with just word of mouth conversations

If she then does not like your new terms and conditions then tell her she will have to look elsewhere

She is claiming this extra money when she should not be and that is fraud - maybe you should remind her of that !

Good luck

Angel xx

wendywu
14-02-2008, 12:51 PM
If you use the NCMA contract they will take the case up for you. You need to get in touch with them today. Good luck:angry:

Cheeky Chops
14-02-2008, 01:23 PM
:update: I have just had a text message from the mother stating

Hi Im not being funny or owt like that but Im gonna go with a different chilminder as from monday, their gonna pick them up and drop them off its gonna be easier and their gonna interact with different kids and I appreciate if u dont discuss this with anyone at work cause its got nowt 2 do with anyone at work and the money I owe you we will come to an arrangement x.

I rung her straight back which she put onto answerphone, I left her a message saying If you want to use a different Cm its completely up to you but I will be charging you for 4 weeks as stated in the contract because you need to give 4 weeks notice. I would appreciate it if you answered your phone because obviously its not good having contact through text messages. So I will be ringing back.

I am just gobsmacked! I need to ring Inland revenue to give them the final date of contract and when benefit should end. I am only going to be able to charge her now for the £80 a week and not the £150 cos otherwise I cant say anything. great.

berkschick
14-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Oh poor you, thats awful!

Who at her work would you discuss it with, do you know the people she works with? That seemed a strange thing to say.

I would definately get in touch with the NCMA.

She can not just walk away, she has to pay you the 4 weeks notice or let you work the 4 weeks out.

All this chopping and changing is no good for the kids.

I know it is really hard but stay strong. You are not in the wrong, she is and you have done nothing wrong.

miffy
14-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Sorry Cheeky but I think you're well out of this one and I pity the other childminder

If you are a member of NCMA and used one of their contracts they should help you recover the debt

Yes you will only be able to charge the £80 a week as stated in your contract the remainder is for tax credits to pursue

Ring NCMA and get some legal advice before you go any further

Miffy xx

son77
14-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Sorry to hear of the probs you've been having, sounds like you are better off without her anyway.

Doesn't solve the money issue though. You defo need legal advice on this one.

Can you phone tax credits & tell them that you have a feeling that she has been claiming more than she should of been? That will serve her right then for not paying you the amount you verbally agreed.

Try not to let this beat you up. There are some horrid people out there and you've got to hold your head up high & not let this women see that she is getting to you.

Keep everything wrote down & keep all letters that you send her.

Good luck. xx

Cheeky Chops
14-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Oh poor you, thats awful!

Who at her work would you discuss it with, do you know the people she works with? That seemed a strange thing to say.

I would definately get in touch with the NCMA.

She can not just walk away, she has to pay you the 4 weeks notice or let you work the 4 weeks out.

All this chopping and changing is no good for the kids.

I know it is really hard but stay strong. You are not in the wrong, she is and you have done nothing wrong.

I work with her mum which is why she said she doesnt want anything getting out. Everyone knows I have her children at work as her mum talks and so everyone is going to know I am now not having them too! but not from me. The lady I mind for also works with me but different hours so I dont see her. I keep trying to ring her but she wont answer and phone is now off. so no point trying anymore. gunna ring ncma now.xx

miffy
14-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Good luck let us know what NCMA say

Miffy xx

LittleAcorns
14-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh wow, what a situation, You have well and truely been used here, Ive just read all of the thread with absolute amazement that this can happen, like already said she is claiming far too much money, as far as Im aware the maximum amount she should be entitled to is 75% of fees, so worth while a phone call if I were you as if anything comes back on you, claiming you are not being honest about your fees, with regard to the amount of Tax you pay!

She owes you more than £100 doesnt she? If so you can take her to court for the fees, worth a mention to her about that, also set a date as to when you expect the money!!!

and the money I owe you we will come to an arrangement You set the terms, she cant keep messing you about babe

Heres a huge hug for you :thank you: :thank you: :thank you: :thank you: Dont forget we are here for you xxxx

Cheeky Chops
14-02-2008, 02:31 PM
thanks for all your support, I have now calmed down a bit (well stop being emotional!) and breathed.

I have rung NCMA and they said to inform her that she will be still charged for the late fees I am intending to charge her if she doesn't pay what she owes me by end of tomorrow.

then they said to outline that she will be charged for 4 weeks of childcare as this is the notice period written into the contract.

if she hasnt paid within 14days then I am to contact legal department.

so I am going to try write THE LETTER, will see how it goes! xx

son77
14-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Good luck cheeky, go on, wipe that smile off her face!!!

Twinkles
14-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Good luck, it sounds like you're well rid of her. DON'T let her get away with it!! Also don't be disheartened there are some really nice parents out there who appreciate good care for their children.

Pipsqueak
14-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I am very cross but mostly upset about this whole thing. she is only young too and feel like Im being taken for a mug by a yung un. I will ring NCMA line, is it just the free legal advice one? x

They are in the wrong Cheeky and not you - you have worked for this money.
Doesn't matter if she is old, young, newborn or ancient a) she is fiddling the system and b) she is diddling you big time and trying to play you like a fiddle

Yes to the NCMA legal line by the way

Pipsqueak
14-02-2008, 02:54 PM
thanks for all your support, I have now calmed down a bit (well stop being emotional!) and breathed.

I have rung NCMA and they said to inform her that she will be still charged for the late fees I am intending to charge her if she doesn't pay what she owes me by end of tomorrow.

then they said to outline that she will be charged for 4 weeks of childcare as this is the notice period written into the contract.

if she hasnt paid within 14days then I am to contact legal department.

so I am going to try write THE LETTER, will see how it goes! xx

oops I posted too late on the other bit

Well done you:clapping: for taking that first horrible step.

You can always "test" your letter out on us.

Make sure you outline in it that you have taken Legal Advice

Cheeky Chops
14-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks Vicky, will do! I am gunna try test it on you as well if you dont mind x

Pipsqueak
14-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks Vicky, will do! I am gunna try test it on you as well if you dont mind x

Just don't scare me too much - I am fragile:D :D

miffy
14-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Sounds like good advice from the NCMA

Good luck writing the letter - just state the facts

Miffy xx

wendywu
14-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Make sure you let her know that you are a member of the NCMA and if she doesnt pay their legal team will be taking it up.

This is why you must never be paid in arrears, its bad enough being bumped for 4 weeks notice but it really sticks in your throat when you do not get paid for work done:angry:

Cheeky Chops
14-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Make sure you let her know that you are a member of the NCMA and if she doesnt pay their legal team will be taking it up.

This is why you must never be paid in arrears, its bad enough being bumped for 4 weeks notice but it really sticks in your throat when you do not get paid for work done:angry:

yeah it is bad, but I will be charging her for the 4 weeks notice she has not given me. and I have also informed inland revenue that the contract has ended. I am going to find out though if there is a way of knowing who is claiming in your name and with your reg no.

anyone know if this is right? or which number if any it is?? xx

jmoff
14-02-2008, 06:02 PM
hi,I have onle just found this thread.

People like that make me sick!How dare she!
Poor you!Well done for standing up to her though!
Good luck

Jana xxxxxxx

Rubybubbles
14-02-2008, 06:43 PM
hope you manage to get the money from her hun:(

But on the plus you've got rid of an awful parent:clapping: sorry you still have to work else were with her, she sounds like a right:censored:

casey's mum
OMG!!! What an absolute b***h!
Who the hell does she think she is!! You go girl hit her with everything NCMA can throw at her!
Good luck, my thoughts are with you!
Take Care and keep strong, you have the moral high ground, as everyone has said you are TOTALLY in the right!

Angela xx

miffy
yeah it is bad, but I will be charging her for the 4 weeks notice she has not given me. and I have also informed inland revenue that the contract has ended. I am going to find out though if there is a way of knowing who is claiming in your name and with your reg no.

anyone know if this is right? or which number if any it is?? xx

I don't know if they will give you that information

The only phone number I have is the working and child tax credit helpline 0845 300 3900 or you could look on the website www.hmrc.gov.uk

Miffy xx

Cheeky Chops
14-02-2008, 06:58 PM
yeah I have rung that one so I am not sure if they will.

anyway :update:

I sent her a message telling her that she was going to get a letter tomorrow and she will have to pay be for 4 weeks notice and the other money she owes. she replied with I cant afford that but i will pay back what I can afford and if you wont accept that then you will have to take me to court. It didnt have to come down to this

I replied saying well you already owe me the £160 so you will have to pay that and any late charges for that money and you have 14 days to pay the outstanding balance. I told her it wasnt a case of it "coming down to this" she signed the contract and this was in the contract, she has to give me 4 weeks notice and she hasnt so I can charge her for it. so if she doesnt pay within 14 days I will be taking her to court anyway.

she has yet to reply.

Pipsqueak
14-02-2008, 07:08 PM
yeah I have rung that one so I am not sure if they will.

anyway :update:

I sent her a message telling her that she was going to get a letter tomorrow and she will have to pay be for 4 weeks notice and the other money she owes. she replied with I cant afford that but i will pay back what I can afford and if you wont accept that then you will have to take me to court. It didnt have to come down to this

I replied saying well you already owe me the £160 so you will have to pay that and any late charges for that money and you have 14 days to pay the outstanding balance. I told her it wasnt a case of it "coming down to this" she signed the contract and this was in the contract, she has to give me 4 weeks notice and she hasnt so I can charge her for it. so if she doesnt pay within 14 days I will be taking her to court anyway.

she has yet to reply.

I would leave it at that now Cheeky, you have told her of your intentions and given her fair warning.

Unless you feel you can hold your own (and stay calm, dignified and professional) and give her a call.

You could perhaps explain that you regret the situation has come to this but you would like payment for services she has had and you have been more than patient and understanding. Again I would reiterate that she knowingly signed a legally binding document - the contract and she is currently in breach of it. I would point out that she will incur further costs such as court costs if it goes to court. Again tell her you have taken legal advice from the National Childminding Association (give her the full whack title) and have their full legal backing.

Perhaps you could be "magnanimous" (and it looks good on your part)and "offer" a payment scheme - £160 by tomorrow (xxx time) and then a weekly payment for the next four weeks for the remainder BUT you would need this in writing and both signed for - (this would have to be done tomorrow) . the agreement would state that if payment is missed immediate late charges will be incurred and you will initate legal proceedings to recover all costs.

If she crys a sob story - then ask her bluntly if she is refusing to pay, make sure you note all this down (tell her you are taking notes and all this will be used as evidence against her to pursue the monies owed to you)

What ever you do - don't get into a fight or argument - end the call first.

angeldelight
14-02-2008, 07:09 PM
She is just being brave coming out with " take me to court then " she hopes that you will back down I bet

Good for you

Let us know if she does pay you anything tomorrow

Angel xxx

angeldelight
14-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Viks idea is good and it might prevent any bad feeling !

xx

littlesprogs
14-02-2008, 07:16 PM
maybe she should stop going shopping almost everyday then she would be able to afford it! She could take her new mobile phone back for a start!

casey's mum
14-02-2008, 07:25 PM
She is just being brave coming out with " take me to court then " she hopes that you will back down I bet

Good for you

Let us know if she does pay you anything tomorrow

Angel xxx

Totally agree Angel! Sounds like a lot of bravado (?).

Angela xx

lizzymoonshine
14-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Yes agree with Vik.

Some people are unbelievable!! They wouldn't like it if they didn't paid by their employer on time!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Monkey1
14-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Only just cought up with this! Stand your ground babe! Keep a record of everything , add on daily late fees continuously and let the NCMA take over , thats what you pay for. Do you know the new childminder, does she know what she is letting herself in for?
Be strong....and take her to the cleaners....after all a contract is a contract!

wendywu
14-02-2008, 08:07 PM
I suspect that legally we cant, but i wish we could have a name and shame thread. We would put in the names of all people who treat us like this, then when a parent gets in touch for a space we could check to see if they have a track record. :angry:

casey's mum
14-02-2008, 08:15 PM
I suspect that legally we cant, but i wish we could have a name and shame thread. We would put in the names of all people who treat us like this, then when a parent gets in touch for a space we could check to see if they have a track record. :angry:

How great would that be!! Brilliant :clapping: . Like you said though legally doubtful!
Fab idea though!

Angela xx

son77
14-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Name & shame thread!! I like that idea.

wendywu
14-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Yes and we could do it with Ofsted inspectors as well, so we would know if we had an angel comming round, or the B*** from hell. We would also be able to tell what their little quirks were:laughing:

casey's mum
14-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Yes and we could do it with Ofsted inspectors as well, so we would know if we had an angel comming round, or the B*** from hell. We would also be able to tell what their little quirks were:laughing:

My CSSIW inspector never changes so always know it gonna be a fire breathing welsh symbol! lol

Angela xx

Cheeky Chops
14-02-2008, 08:57 PM
The mother has replied with Im sorry but you know I dont have that kind of money.

so I replied with Im sorry but thats not my problem, you have signed a legally binding contract, and as you have been claiming more benefit than you have been paying me you should have a bit of extra money.

I decided to leave it at that. after all she will be getting a letter in the morning explaining it in detail. NCMA did say I had to try to recover the debt myself but I am unsure how to do this. I have given her the 14 days as ncma suggested and will send her another letter next week as a reminder. but I feel very annoyed that she has bought a new phone today and has been shopping today and yesterday ( i know it is her money) so I am not going to give in to her sob story.

I am looking forward to brighter days with lovely children!! I am focusing on next friday when i have parents round for some part time hours, so I will be out on the impressive!!!

wendywu
14-02-2008, 09:08 PM
What sort of job does this mum do? Many years ago i did have a mother who did not give me notice and this was during school holidays when she was paying a retainer. She used to be a childminder herself but gave up to go back to work in a local bank. Every time i phoned up there was some excuse, so i left a message with her husband that as i was in town the next day i would be calling into the bank to collect my late cheque. I new she could not afford for me to make a fuss for non payment at her work:laughing:

And low and behold a cheque came through my door that night :clapping:

son77
14-02-2008, 09:10 PM
If she hasnt that kind of money though how can you go out shopping & buying new phones?

Isn't she worried about being done for fraud? Claiming more tax credits than she should of been should be worrying her. She needs reporting surely?

If you cant afford something (like childcare) then she shouldn't have started it in the first place.

Argh- parents!

Cheeky Chops
14-02-2008, 09:12 PM
yeah she has already been reported so thats sorted.

reported....sorted (im a poet and i didnt even know it!)

xxx

Pipsqueak
14-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Cheeky to pursue it yourself you go to the small claims court - just phone up the local court office and tell them you want the forms to make a small claim.

Do you know what NCMA really peep me of about this - yeah yeah we are here to help you and they end of advising you to do it yourself!!!

Cheeky Chops
14-02-2008, 10:02 PM
oh pants really?! I thought they did it all for you!! argh! maaaan x x x

Pipsqueak
14-02-2008, 10:09 PM
I am not entirely sure how the NCMA do it (I have never had that particular pleasure) but you said in your other post that they suggested you could do it for yourself???NCMA did say I had to try to recover the debt myself but I am unsure how to do this

Sorry if I have confuzzled you.. ARRRGGH, its late I have just read it again and I see what it says now, my brain is reading something different. Ignore me!!

Making a small claim is very easy to do (used to do tons of these where I used to work), phone up get the forms, fill them in send them of and wait for the outcome - they either pay up or dispute it and in that case it goes to court.

Cheeky Chops
14-02-2008, 10:55 PM
oh!! hehe, sorry I meant that I am somehow to get the debt of the lady! but I dont think that is going to happen!!

never mind chicken licken, its late!! go to beddie peepos babe!! x x

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 11:27 AM
OMG Cheeky Chops I have just read the whole of your thread and cannot believe the ordacity of this woman ..... she obviously had no intentions of ever paying you from the sounds of things and by encouraging you to take her to court implies she thinks she doesnt have to either, I hope you are seeking legal advice and record everything she says to you as evidence and save her texts, god help her new minder !!!! Really feel for you but thank heavens not all parents are like her xxxx

Pipsqueak
15-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Did you get the letter sent today Cheeky?

Cheeky Chops
15-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I sent the letter yesterday recorded delivery so she received it this morning. I got a phone call from her mother last night tho which was a bit of a handful. she didnt think I was being fair, but I calmly explained everything to her and said she had signed the contract and those where the terms of it.

her mum said she never even signed anything, to which I said well I have 2 copies of what she signed and she has the third copy. so no getting out of that one then!!it sounds like she has been saying a lot of things to her mother which are not true.

her mum told me that her new childminder's are a male and female couple and are ok to pick her 2 children up and drop them off to the house and are only charging her £100 a week for the two and are going to have them fulltime instead of me only having them part time (mum n dad only work part time tho!) they are also registered with ofsted and she is sorting their number out so she can still claim benefit.

me n the ladies mum are friends so it was a little bit awkward, but I just said well these new childminders sound like a dream come true for your daughter! her mum just agreed it sounded too good to be true, then she said that the childminders had also turned out to be a distant relative of the dad......hhhm!!

I have rung I.R. about them no longer being able to use my number, but I am still concerned that she may have just told her mum they were reg and gave them my number !! argh.

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I wouldnt have been prepared to discuss it with her mother to be honest as the contract wasnt with her iyswim but I hope that you get your money sooner rather than later, though dad was been reasonable what happened to him bringing you your money ????? xxx

Cheeky Chops
15-02-2008, 04:11 PM
I wouldnt have been prepared to discuss it with her mother to be honest as the contract wasnt with her iyswim but I hope that you get your money sooner rather than later, though dad was been reasonable what happened to him bringing you your money ????? xxx

I never heard of the dad, just the mum and her mum turned up with the money. I had been trying to ring the lady all day and she refused to get in contact with me. The ladies mother rang me and said she had a very upsetting phone call from her daughter and could I please tell her what was going on as her daughter was making sense. I just tried to be calm and tell her the basics. I understand completely what you mean, but I suppose there is nothing I can do about it now....:blush: x x

Cheeky Chops
17-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi! I know I havnt posted on here for a bit, but I have just received a text from the mother saying she is willing to pay me £30 a week.

I am unsure what to do??! Does this mean she is willing to pay the amount she owes me £160 plus late charges up to now or off the total amount which is including the 4 weeks notice money too.

what do you think i should do?! agree to take the £30 a week for the £160 and stop charges now or carry on with charges or what?!

the total amount she owes me is close to £500 which is going to take ages for her to pay?! do you think if I dont accept this ncma will be cross or what?/

I am really confused, so anyone who can bring me clarity on what to do would be a great help!! x x x

Monkey1
17-02-2008, 08:56 PM
I would say she is liable for the whole lot as she still needs to pay the notice period. Call NCMA again and ask for advice! Hope you are writing all these 'contacts' down!

Cheeky Chops
17-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah I havnt replied as I dont know what to do really. I know she is still liable for the whole amount, but if she is willing to pay off £30 a week a time that means it is going to take about 7 mnths or something!! hehe and thats a long time but Im not sure if ncma will want me to do that or what?? I will ring them in the morning for some advice, they are gunna love me! x

crazybones
17-02-2008, 08:59 PM
I would tell her that as the full amount is £500 @ £30 a week it will take X amount of weeks to pay that off and you feel that maybe £50 a week is better as you will be paid in 10 weeks. If this is not acceptable to her then you are going to leave it in legal hands. You will need to get her to agree to sign a contract regarding payment ie what day, time, she brings it to u=you or standing order in case she starts faltering on a payment plan. I cant imagine she is going to pay you the full lot in one go by the sound of it. Also say late payment of instalments will incur further late fees. Seems a pain in the :censored: but at least she is startig to realise you have the law on your side.
I am probably not much help sorry.

Annie x

Cheeky Chops
17-02-2008, 09:04 PM
no that sounds like a good idea, I am thinking she doesnt want it to go to court cos then they will know about her benefit fraud. So if i do reply asking for the £50 a week, then do I charge her late fees up until say wednesday if that is when she will be making a payment??

Also, I will have to send contract in the post etc if she does agree to that, so as I am already charging her a £5 a day late fee then what do I do about that?

but what you have said sounds do able x x

crazybones
17-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Maybe you should cut your losses and agree on a figure of £500 on a contract and then start more late fees after that contract is signed if she doesnt pay up on time then. But word all that in the contract so she cant complain. Tell her as a gesture of goodwill you are not charging her any more fees for the next few days while you come to an arrangement but if she does not agree by xxx date then fees will be added from that date. Was that a bit waffley or does it make sense?

Annie x

Cheeky Chops
17-02-2008, 09:11 PM
no that makes sense, I am just a bit miffed that she wants to set the terms and that this will be paid within 10 weeks which is just over 2 mnths!! I feel like well you owe me this and have owed me some of it for over a month now so you should paaaaaaay!!!

but maybe thats just my ranting one inside me thats trying to rule and I should listen to the sane one in there. I am not sure if she will agree to £50 a week, but we will see what she says. xx

miffy
17-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Sorry I really don't want to burst your bubble here but

this lady already had a contract with you which she has broken despite the fact that she has had the money (and more besides) to pay you

What makes you think that signing a new contract for £500 will mean that she will keep to it - look at how she's already messed you around.

I would think very carefully before entering into any more agreements with her and at the very least I'd get some legal advice first

Miffy xx

crazybones
17-02-2008, 09:16 PM
But if you get her to agree to £50 she is agreeing to your terms. Think of it that way. I would also let NCMA know this is what you have agreed on so if any problems occur in the future at least they will know you have gone to reasonable lengths to give her the opportunity to pay.
Then hopefully after 10 weeks are up you are rid for good. Good luck. Dont let the ***** grind you down - YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT.

Annie x

Pipsqueak
17-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Annie is making some valid points. I do think before replying though you should take advice from NCMA (legally). If you do accept an offer of regular payments then I would ask NCMA how to word a document to that effect and the consquences are of the mum defaulting. (I personally would have it that if she defaults at any time that you will start legal proceedings immediately). You would both need to sign it and I would get a witness as well.

I think you also need to clarify with mum - verbally that she is agreeing to pay you the full invoiced amount including the notice period. To be honest I think texting in this instance is counterproductive, you both need to speak and then get it all in writing.

(I would also try my luck and tell her that £30 is no good and you will accept £50 per week, even if you both agree to drop it lower - but that is just me and my mean streak! lol). I think that if an offer of payment is made you have to accept it but I am not sure if you have to accept what they are saying they can afford, iyswim.

Cheeky Chops
17-02-2008, 09:17 PM
I know! you didnt burst my bubble at all, I did expect someone to state the obvious!! I dont know and would like to trust her again but dont think i can be nice anymore about it. But I am worried if I do not accept her offer that NCMA might not then back me in legal proceedings?? anyone know about this??!

thats why I was thinking about working with her, so they will back me for def. but in all honesty, I want me money and not at £30 a week until its paid off!! Cos I think I deserve it, but I am in two minds......

Pipsqueak
17-02-2008, 09:20 PM
NCMA will do what they can for you legally and they will support you whatever you decide but you must speak to them before contacting the mum further. At the end of the day cheeky this money is yours and the mum is not trustworthy - she has led you up the garden path on several occasions and has tried to wriggle out of paying you for work done.

Cheeky Chops
right ok, so if I try her at £50 and say that this is the offer on the table and if she isnt interested I will start legal proceedings, I dont really want to enter into another contract with her anyway incase it goes belly up.

also it means getting my friend (the ladies mum) involved as she will be the one giving me the payments, cos the lady has said that in her text, so she wont have to come up to the house every week.

I wont be trying for the £30, because that is just unacceptable to me, but I will wait and get legal advice first before replying to the mum.xxx

miffy
Why not phone NCMA in the morning and see what they say then you can speak to the mum/grandma.

Good luck whatever you decide

Miffy xx

Cheeky Chops
17-02-2008, 09:21 PM
NCMA will do what they can for you legally and they will support you whatever you decide but you must speak to them before contacting the mum further. At the end of the day cheeky this money is yours and the mum is not trustworthy - she has led you up the garden path on several occasions and has tried to wriggle out of paying you for work done.

this is true, I would rather have it sooner than her "being willing" to give me the money on her terms!! as I feel that by her "being willing" its all up to her, when she agreed to pay me in the first place. xx

berkschick
17-02-2008, 09:27 PM
But she can easily afford to pay you £50 a week if her new fees are £100 a week and she is claiming £150. :angry:

If you find out who the new minders are and find out that they are unregistered, I would report them to OFSTED!

Cheeky Chops
17-02-2008, 09:31 PM
well apparantley they are registered as she was sorting out their reg number for benefit, so who knows?? xx

Pipsqueak
17-02-2008, 09:33 PM
right ok, so if I try her at £50 and say that this is the offer on the table and if she isnt interested I will start legal proceedings, I dont really want to enter into another contract with her anyway incase it goes belly up.

also it means getting my friend (the ladies mum) involved as she will be the one giving me the payments, cos the lady has said that in her text, so she wont have to come up to the house every week.

I wont be trying for the £30, because that is just unacceptable to me, but I will wait and get legal advice first before replying to the mum.xxx

I would tell this mum that you will not communicate further by text as you feel it is unprofessional and unbusinesslike for a start. As for her saying she won't come up to your house - tough on her she got herself into this situation she should face the full consquences.

I would really urge you before committing further to this woman to take further advice and guidance from NCMA. You will have to have a contract in place for a schedule of payments, dates, times, amount and the consquences should she default.
This contract will include any late fees she has incurred since you started them, the conditions of payment (cash, cheque - must clear before payment is considered to be made, standing order etc) and you both must sign the document in the presence of one another and a witness.

miffy
17-02-2008, 09:34 PM
I've ummed and aaahed about whether to say this but i will

if it was me I'd ask for half the debt up front and the other £250 to be paid off at £50 a week - that is the only way I'd think they were serious about paying it off and not trying to muck you about.

After all mum has owed you this money for a while already and has been out shopping with it instead of giving it to you

It's disgusting that you are in this position when she has been paid the money

Sorry I don't suppose that helps

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
17-02-2008, 09:38 PM
I've ummed and aaahed about whether to say this but i will

if it was me I'd ask for half the debt up front and the other £250 to be paid off at £50 a week - that is the only way I'd think they were serious about paying it off and not trying to muck you about.

After all mum has owed you this money for a while already and has been out shopping with it instead of giving it to you

It's disgusting that you are in this position when she has been paid the money

Sorry I don't suppose that helps

Miffy xx

:clapping: Well said Miffy

Cheeky Chops
17-02-2008, 09:39 PM
yeah i know, it is a bit disgusting, it makes me cross that she thinks i am just gunna give her another chance just like that!

berkschick
17-02-2008, 09:41 PM
I have to say that I agree with Miffy.

Remember that they have CHOSEN not to send the children to you this week.

If they cant afford both minders fees then they should have put the other minder off while you worked out your notice with them.

If I were you, my next step would be to text her back now saying that you will not comment further until you have seeked legal advice on this in the morning and that you will telephone her at xx time tomorrow to discuss the next step. I would also say that you are no longer prepared to communicate via text.

Cheeky Chops
17-02-2008, 09:42 PM
yeah i think that is a sensible response!! x

Mollymop
17-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Sorry I've missed half of this thread Cheeky!
I just wanted to say that I agree with Miffy and that I hope you get your money somehow and sooner rather than later. Don't ever soften to her, the woman's a thoughtless cow.

Big hugs. I 'll be thinking of you X

angeldelight
18-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Thinking of you also

Angel xx

tinytigers
18-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi Cheeky

I have only just spotted this thread and spent 20 mins reading it. What an absolute nightmare for you. Why do some people think that as childminders arent a big company like the council or electric that they can mess them about and not bother paying?

Have you phoned NCMA this morning for more advice?

I wouldnt think that she will want it to go to court as they will find out about her benefit fraud. I think I would do what someone else said and request a lu,mp some of up to half to start with and then the rest in weekly installments.

Let us know how you have got on.

Hugs

Pipsqueak
18-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Any update CC?

Pipsqueak
19-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Anything happening CC? Did you call NCMA - how about this mum?

miffy
19-02-2008, 10:34 AM
I've just checked back to see if anythings happened

Hope you are OK Cheeky

Miffy xx

Cheeky Chops
19-02-2008, 12:48 PM
hi sorry girlies, had problems with the old tinternet!

I have rung NCMA and they said that if she is offering a playment plan it might be wise to accept, but i am within my rights to come with a counter offer.

So I have done this, and I have informed the lady that I am willing to have her pay £50 a week and not £30. she said she needs to get back to me on wednesday as she doesnt know how much benefit she can spare yet.

I am having a horrid time at work tho, the ladies mum who i work with in the morning is being really off with me and short, so its making things a little tense and not pleasent, I am trying to ignore it and she hasnt said anything to me yet, but its not nice!

if the lady does not agree to the £50 I will start court proceedings after the 14 days is up.

what a kafuffle! x x

angeldelight
19-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Good luck hope she pays up

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
19-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I hope that she realises that you are still adding late charges per day (you are aren;t you?)

miffy
19-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Hope she accepts your payment plan and pays up soon

Sorry you're having a rough time at work with her mum you are doing right to ignore her even if it's hard

Chin up
Miffy xx

jaz
19-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Oh CC , I do feel for you , what an awful position she has put you in at work. How dare she expect you to work for nothing, some people are just pond life ! (No offense meant to any frogs, snails etc that may have been upset by my last comment ;) )

j
x

Cheeky Chops
19-02-2008, 01:12 PM
hehe that made me giggle jasper!! xx

jaz
19-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Glad I could make you smile CC

J
x

custardcream
19-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Just caught up with this, I hope you get it sorted soon CC.

Banana
19-02-2008, 02:24 PM
OMG

i cant believe how you have been treated!!

i agree with you that £30 is not enough and £50 is a more reasonable offer but still.... what a cheeky cow!

Sounds like a good thing she is going elsewhere!!

Hope this is resolved quickly for you

xxxx

barbarella68
19-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Hi
I just need some advice.
I childmind for a 6 year old boy 1 hour before school and 3 hours after school,but obviously I have him for 10 hours a day all week because of half term.When I look after him all he seems to talk about is death,killing,murder etc. I have told him the obvious it's not nice etc,but he still continues, I am not sure what to do.My son who is 5 years old keeps copying him.:( Yesterday the boy was talking about his teacher dying and being murdered.His Dad and stepdad are in the army do you think there is a connection.Other than this he is a nice little boy.All he makes with the lego are guns!
Alyson

barbarella68
19-02-2008, 02:36 PM
oh dear wrong forum obviously done something wrong .
How do we post new posts?
Alyson

Pudding Girl
19-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Does he seem to be obsessed with it in a worried way or more in a glorifying it way?

Pipsqueak
19-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi Alyson

If you start a thread about this you might get more response.:)

Have you talked about this with his parents? What sort of things does he watch, children can get an "obsession" with things.

Pipsqueak
19-02-2008, 02:38 PM
oh dear wrong forum obviously done something wrong .
How do we post new posts?
Alyson

Choose the appropriate section and at top of the section is a ;ink saying new thread:)

barbarella68
19-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi,
Thanks for that.
Yes he does do it in a glorified way.
A bit frightening if I think of it.
Alyson