View Full Version : Accountants

25-05-2009, 06:39 AM
I've been watching the news this morning and they are going on about MP's claiming the cost of an accountant to do their books, and people are saying how wrong it is cos "regular people can't do this"

i thought we could?????


25-05-2009, 07:06 AM
No idea, sorry!

Miffy xx

25-05-2009, 07:33 AM
I don't think they mean what the tax office allows (arent MP employed not self employed) its the expenses office that are saying they shouldn't be.

The Juggler
25-05-2009, 07:51 AM
You can it's a tax deductible expense. MP's weren't claiming it as tax deductible, they were claiming it from the public money.

You are safe don't worry. Out of interest how much do you pay if you don't mind me asking. Mine is pricy and was thinking of doing my own this year now the short tax return has a higher earnings limit.


Chatterbox Childcare
25-05-2009, 08:05 AM
If you are employed you cannot but if you are self employed you can.