PDA

View Full Version : wee bit help( this one is about the toilet Aly -lol)

Demonjill
24-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi

Could you all tell me whether you have a lock on bathroom door and what kind it is etc

What about potential locked in probs?

I know children need privacy to go to the toilet but just wondered the safest procedure for the lock

FizzysFriends
24-05-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't have a lock on the door but if I did I would have it high up so the children couldn't use it.

ORKSIE
24-05-2009, 03:00 PM
I tell mine to close door but not lock it.
been ok so far:)

Pedagog
24-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Don't know about CC but Ofsted don't like the locks you can not open from out side.

Our downstairs loo, that mindees generally use has one that can opened from outside, bathroom has normal lock, but don't often let mindees use this.

aly
24-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi

Could you all tell me whether you have a lock on bathroom door and what kind it is etc

What about potential locked in probs?

I know children need privacy to go to the toilet but just wondered the safest procedure for the lock
lmaO:laughing::laughing:

I have a lock on the outside {high up so they cant reach it] as my little one likes to go in and drown the room.

upstairs i have one on both sides.

oh and they are the simple catch ones

Mouse
24-05-2009, 03:40 PM
We have locks that can be opened from the outside.

Blaze
24-05-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't have a lock...they simply close the door for privacy.:thumbsup:

Alibali
24-05-2009, 04:41 PM
my locks all open from the outside too.

PixiePetal
24-05-2009, 04:52 PM
We only have one loo, in the bathroom upstairs. Bolt is high up, no one locked in yet!

DD would not have a bath or use the loo without it, well she is 15 and has a brother and dad about :rolleyes: Won't even let me in. They are lucky if I even close the door, so used to not when mindees are here and I nip upstairs alone.:laughing:

sonia ann
24-05-2009, 05:28 PM
when we had new doors put in years ago we had privacy locks put on all the bedroom doors and toilet doors....these can all be opened from the outside if necessary, its a good idea for teenagers as well.......as it stopped me barging in at inopportune moments :blush: :laughing:

Roseolivia
24-05-2009, 05:29 PM
The downstairs toilet has a lock on but you can open it from theoutside which i've had to a few times (only once with the mindees though)

helenlc
25-05-2009, 08:14 AM
My downstairs (and upstairs) have locks that can be opened from the outside.

8 yr old mindee locks the door but 3 yr old I am currently still taking him so not an issue. But when he gets older, I shall tell him to just push the door to or close it but not lock it.

(The only ones that get locked in in our house are me and DH when our children think its funny to lock the door when we havent - they think its hysterical when we try to get out and can't!!:laughing: )

PixiePetal
25-05-2009, 08:22 AM
when we had new doors put in years ago we had privacy locks put on all the bedroom doors and toilet doors....these can all be opened from the outside if necessary, its a good idea for teenagers as well.......as it stopped me barging in at inopportune moments :blush: :laughing:

I could do with those locks but should be moving to Victorian house soon with old doors. Wouldn't want to do anything to those doors. On the other hand there is a downstairs loo off utility room. No lock on there.

tulip0803
25-05-2009, 12:19 PM
We have a latch hook on the bathroom door about 5 1/2 foot up the door - door can be opened slightly and latch lifted if the need arose but it is high enough for little ones not to reach. The little toilet has no lock on the door.