PDA

View Full Version : please help pre reg

hollyoaksmad
24-05-2009, 11:18 AM
i am filling the pre reg booklet in and stuck on a few questions do u think u cud plz help me ?

How will u support a child for whom English is an additional language but who has good understanding of English and speaks it well?

also how wud u support a child and their family who have little understanding of spoken English?

If u are a child minder registering on the early years reg and the childcare reg how do the staffing arrangements differ for each reg and will will u manage this if i work with assistants?

What are the child ratios in childminding?

sorri i no its a pain but im reli stuk

Pedagog
24-05-2009, 02:46 PM
For a child who English is a second language, I would ensure all instructions given are clear and simple and reinforce with visual clues (visual or written timetable dependant on age of child)

For a family who has little understanding of English, I would ensure all information provided is written in clear plain English and allow them time to take information away, where possible I would provide information in their home language. Again if necessary use visual information.

Tatjana
25-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Also perhaps learn a few key words eg 'yes', 'no', 'good' to encourage the child with their mother tongue.

xx