PDA

View Full Version : Why are these people so inconsiderate???

Schnakes
13-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Okay...just had to pop on here for a quick rant!!!

I was supposed to be having a couple over today to interview about a place for their baby at 1:30. I re-organised my whole day, tidied the house...you know the drill!!! Anyway - 1:35 the phone rings, and its the dad to say "oh sorry, our son hasnt woken up yet...he usually wakes up at 1pm blah blah blah...can we make it 2:30?". I wanted to say "no you CANT make it ******* 2:30 you inconsiderate git!!! Its a baby - wake it up ffs - its not like it cant doze off on the way here is it???? Gah!" Of course...I didnt!!! I said "be here at 2:30 at the latest", but tbh, I think I SHOULD have said forget it...I dont really want to work with people like that. :(

Sorry about the rant...this week has been the pits!

Sx

LittleMissSparkles
13-02-2008, 01:49 PM
good start !!!!

hope ther turn up for 2.30 babe xxx

Spangles
13-02-2008, 01:50 PM
That is quite inconsiderate, they could have called you way earlier than that to let you know.

I often wouldn't wake Benjamin up when he was little though so can kind of understand where they're coming from but then I used to make arrangements with plenty of time to cover that kind of happening.

I've always been quite strong on sticking to Benjamin's routine and letting him sleep although now he's 2.5 I do get him up early from his nap sometimes otherwise the whole afternoons gone before he's awake!

You will just have to see what you think when they get there - as I say, they could have called you earlier than that!

miss muffit
13-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi S you should be pleased he phoned at all ...some wouldn't care.... now be on your best behavior and good luck, let us know how it goes? K

Rubybubbles
13-02-2008, 01:57 PM
oh dear, what if you had arranged to go out for 2pm!! when he gets here say, really please let me know sooner, I know you want the baby to sleep but had planned something (haha I'm being a cow today!!)

:D , but on the flip side at least by letting the baby sleep will be in a good mood, cos got enough sleep:rolleyes:

ma7ie
13-02-2008, 01:57 PM
I feel for you.

Same thing happened to me today.

Woman supposed to come round at 11am. She rang at 10.30 to say she had to work and could she come at 1pm. She then rang again at 12.30 to say the woman who was relieving her hadn't turned up and could she come later on today and would ring me.

I could have gone out this morning if I had known, especially on such a beautiful day. Now I don't know when she is coming. http://easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-fighting-smileys-451.gif (http://easyfreesmileys.com/)

It really drives me mad but I suppose she rang at least. Just recently I've had 2 people who just didn't turn up.

Good luck at 2.30.

Marie x

Rubybubbles
13-02-2008, 01:58 PM
I feel for you.

Same thing happened to me today.

Woman supposed to come round at 11am. She rang at 10.30 to say she had to work and could she come at 1pm. She then rang again at 12.30 to say the woman who was relieving her hadn't turned up and could she come later on today and would ring me.

I could have gone out this morning if I had known, especially on such a beautiful day. Now I don't know when she is coming. http://easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-fighting-smileys-451.gif (http://easyfreesmileys.com/)

It really drives me mad but I suppose she rang at least. Just recently I've had 2 people who just didn't turn up.

Good luck at 2.30.

Marie x

haha love the smilies, some really good ones round at the moment:thumbsup:

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 01:59 PM
I can understand them not wanting to wake the baby but .......

If they do not want to break his routine why book that time with you in the first place

I have parents do this all the time though so I know how annoying it is

Hope it goes ok anyway they might be really nice

Good luck

Angel xx

charleyfarley
13-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Hope they are on time for you

I can understand why you were angry as parents know what time the little one goes to sleep so should have arranged a later or earlier time. I wouldn't arrange to be somewhere so soon after my lo wakes up just incase this happens.

Hope everything goes well for you

Carol xx

deeb66
13-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I too don't blame you for being cross.

I hope they turn up at 2.30

Good luck

Mollymop
13-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Hope they come at 2.30 and all goes well. Fingers crossed for you hun.

Schnakes
13-02-2008, 02:19 PM
I know what its like...when my son was little, it hated waking him up - but at the same time, its just so rude!! I would never not turn up to an appointment just because of that. :( Anyway...am going to get off these boards now, and put on my smiley face! I can go back to behing a grump when they've gone! Heh!!!

Thanks for all the good luck wishes,

Sx

Rubybubbles
13-02-2008, 02:26 PM
I know what its like...when my son was little, it hated waking him up - but at the same time, its just so rude!! I would never not turn up to an appointment just because of that. :( Anyway...am going to get off these boards now, and put on my smiley face! I can go back to behing a grump when they've gone! Heh!!!

Thanks for all the good luck wishes,

Sx

hehe sound like me happy face ache whilst working, grumpy bag rest of the time hahaha

Schnakes
13-02-2008, 02:39 PM
2:35...phone has just rung....baby's still sleeping...Im going to go and scream into a pillow case I think....!!!!!!

:veryangry:

Sx :angry:

Rubybubbles
13-02-2008, 02:49 PM
2:35...phone has just rung....baby's still sleeping...Im going to go and scream into a pillow case I think....!!!!!!

:veryangry:

Sx :angry:

oh dear:( :o

Delly
13-02-2008, 02:49 PM
OMG - I think I'd run a mile from these people !! if they are like that now, what are they going to be like when your minding for them... bin them off !!

Schnakes
13-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Too right, Delly. Good lord, it makes my blood boil!!!

Sx

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Did she still not turn up?

I have had this happen a few times - it is not really making a first good impression is it ?

Angel xx

Schnakes
13-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Nope - they wanted to come straight after the school run but I said no cos Im taking the children to the park (and Im not keeping them in any more for you bunch of bumholes either, excuse my language!!!). (Bit in brackets was imaginary conversation with them, btw!!!)

Sx

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 03:18 PM
haha

Did they make another appointment with you ?

xx

Schnakes
13-02-2008, 04:17 PM
They're supposed to be here in 10 mins, but Im not holding my breath!!! :rolleyes:

Sx

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Fingers crossed

Now you have to smile and be all nice and polite when really you are fumming haha

Good luck

xx

Spangles
13-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Cor! I'd be furious!

Let us know what happens!

wendywu
13-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Ive had this before to and they have just not turned up. Just shows how much respect they have for childminders. Im sure some people think:angry: we are second class citizens.

Hope its gone well for her in the end.

Schnakes
13-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi guys! Well - they turned up (late!!). Sat here for a good two hours...absolute nightmare interview - kids playing up, (especially my two!! :rolleyes: ), parents asking questions like I was up to something or something...I dont care if they phone back - someone else can have them, they have exhausted me!! :( Im so cross about this...Ive wasted my entire day.

Sx

emler
13-02-2008, 06:34 PM
No wonder you don't want to hear from them again - how annoying. Sounds like they would be more hassle than they're worth.
Hope you're feeling a bit more calm now

Emler x

wendywu
13-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Because you dont want to hear from them again they will be the ones who will phone up to say they want a place, SODS LAW:laughing:

Rubybubbles
13-02-2008, 06:39 PM
oh hun, I must of read to fast earlier I missed the fact it was an interview:o

TBH if this is how they were today, really deep down could you put up with this all the time?:rolleyes:

Schnakes
13-02-2008, 06:40 PM
I spoke to another (newely registered) childminder about them, as she intereviewed them yesterday...she told me that the first appointment she had with them was cancelled because the mum was "having a bad day"!!!!! Charming!

I'll give you an example of a question they asked me. "Sooooo....do you tidy up in here after the children have gone?" nnnnggghHHHH!!!!

Sx

Rubybubbles
13-02-2008, 06:41 PM
I spoke to another (newely registered) childminder about them, as she intereviewed them yesterday...she told me that the first appointment she had with them was cancelled because the mum was "having a bad day"!!!!! Charming!

I'll give you an example of a question they asked me. "Sooooo....do you tidy up in here after the children have gone?" nnnnggghHHHH!!!!

Sx

haha was your house lived in with the fact you were minding At the time:laughing: , no love, you do it once you've picked your child up:laughing:

nell57
13-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi
Sorry to hear you've had such a frustrating day with these inconsiderate and rude people:( . Hope you can chill tonight and have a better day tomorrow.

Schnakes
13-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Haha!! It wasnt even that bad!! I had the slide and a tube out for the kids to play in...most of the other toys had been tdied away earlier!! God knows what they would have thought if they'd have seen it in its usual state!! Of course, if they had arrived when they were supposed to the house would have been spotless, but I thought - stuff it, Im not tidying again!!! :panic:

Nell - thanks for the kind words...Ive got a nice cold bottle of Sauv Blanc sat in the fridge with my name on it!! Got to tidy now though, then Ive got someone to pick up ourr broken washing machine, then go out and pick up my daughter from Brownies and then go to the shop and get dinner for tommorow before I can even contemplate relaxing though...Gah!!! And why couldnt I go to the shop earlier, I hear you ask? Because I was waiting in all day for these two timewasters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

AND to top it all off, I got into a bit of a row with some silly cow at the park today. Im having such a bad day...cant wait for this week to be over!!!

Sx

PS - the washing up can wait till tommorow!!! :laughing:

Schnakes
13-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Nell - your cat could be the identical twin of our cat!!! Just noticed!

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 06:58 PM

Sx

hehe this is a tad odd!! hehe what a question to ask?!! haha!

nell57
13-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Well I've just poured a v large vodka & tonic, so cheers and bottoms up(hic)

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 07:04 PM
What a waste of your time

Parents from hell if you ask me I think you might have a lucky escape if they do not call back - but knowing your luck they will prob do just that - call you back ha

Hope you are ok now and nice and calm

Have a nice evening

Angel xx

nell57
13-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Nell - your cat could be the identical twin of our cat!!! Just noticed!
This is Jessica, adopted from cats protection, she's a little angel, disappears when first mindee comes in the morning, then magically reappears when last ones going out of the door.

casey's mum
13-02-2008, 07:17 PM
I think that some of these parents need to realise that it is actually us who pick them in the end not the other way around!!! Lol...power to the cm's!!!

Angela xx

Schnakes
13-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Nell - yeah, bums up!!! :D

Strange about the cats...Im looking at Lily right now and the markings are identical! I would never have thought you could have such similar looking cats..their markings are so random!!

Anyway - Id rather be stony broke than work with people like this. I'll let you know if they get back in contact. What should I say if they do phone though??!

Sx

Rubybubbles
13-02-2008, 08:06 PM
I think that some of these parents need to realise that it is actually us who pick them in the end not the other way around!!! Lol...power to the cm's!!!

Angela xx

ha punch up to the shy, one perk of our job WE CHOOSE YOU:laughing: :laughing:

berkschick
13-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Poor you!

I hope they werent from my end of the town lol I dont want a visit from them haha

You just know that they WILL call you back!

manjay
13-02-2008, 09:35 PM
This is Jessica, adopted from cats protection, she's a little angel, disappears when first mindee comes in the morning, then magically reappears when last ones going out of the door.

Gosh that sounds like my daughter!! Obviously not the bit about being from the cats protection or being an angel but she is Jessica and she does that exact same disappearing act when the mindees are here!!

amanda xx

Spangles
13-02-2008, 09:48 PM
At least you've seen their true colours already so you know what they're like!

Sorry they were such complete wasters though.

jmoff
13-02-2008, 09:48 PM
...poor you!what were they doing there for 2 hours!?

And what a strange question to ask?! They sound dreadful!

Jana x

wendywu
13-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Schnakes if they get back to you just tell them your prices have gone up to £10.00 per hour:)

If you dont want them just tell them the place has gone, an old parent who moved out of the area has returned and asked you to care for her child again. Thats the reason the place has gone so quickly between today and tomorrow, just cross your fingers when you say it.:rolleyes:

merry
14-02-2008, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=Schnakes
Sx[/QUOTE]

What a strange thing to ask. I once had a parent ask if I drank, I was gobsmacked and said 'what, you mean when I'm working, of course not', she said no, I mean at all, and not just you but everyone in your family who lives here. She then went on to see a friend of mine and asked her if her children were born out of wedlock!!!!

:)

peggy
14-02-2008, 09:21 PM
F.P.S.

First Parent Syndrome.

(sorry no disrespect to 1st time parents outthere that actually do have a clue!)

What? What ? and What?! They are contemplating on sending their child to a CHILDMINDER....that is being a person that minds children, usually lots of other children....and whilst you will TRY and keep there child in a similar kind of routine they have to respect that you too have routines, school runs, toddler group sessions, day trips out..etc..

I too would be so annoyed, good on you for not dropping everything just for them you have other children to contend with. It sounds as though they want someone at their childs beck and call perhaps in all fairness they should employ a nanny?

Schnakes
18-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Wow Merry...I would have had to make a snidey remark if someone said that!!

Peggy - 1st timers can drive you NUTS cant they? Havent got a clue that the world doesnt revolve around their littl'un sometimes!

Quick update....they phoned...were rude AGAIN on the phone...so I was rude back (was Sunday night and I was tired...I dont see why I should have to be polite to people who arent polite to me you know!!!) and I think thats pretty much the end of that one :clapping: although after I put the phone down I thought of a thousand really clever things that I SHOULD have said instead of what I did say!!!

It amazes me that people who would put their most precious thing in life in your care 9 hours a day, 5 days a week still have the audacity to speak to you like you are **** on their shoe. Tossers! The other minder who I mentioned is really desperate to get them cos she hasnt got anyone at the moment...Ive advised her to steer well clear, but shes thinking of the money. Glad Im not desperate enough to have to take on people like that!

Sx

ma7ie
18-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Remind me why we do this?:huh:

Marie x

Schnakes
18-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Update!!!

I now have a message on my answering machine from the mum asking me to call back asap as they have made their desision....I cant imagine they are the sort of people to be so corteous as to phone when they ARENT going with someone....what am I going to do?! Why did I have to be plain rude? Why couldnt I have been the epitomy of rude??? FFS! :rolleyes:

Still...nice to know my brilliance as a childminder shines through my bad attidude!! :p :laughing: ;)

Sx

Lou
18-02-2008, 07:18 PM
They have made their descision?????????

I suggest you ring them back and tell them you will let them know when you have made your descision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twinkles
18-02-2008, 08:46 PM
They have made their descision?????????

I suggest you ring them back and tell them you will let them know when you have made your descision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree , can't you tell them that the place has been filled ( with nice people )

peggy
18-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Update!!!

I now have a message on my answering machine from the mum asking me to call back asap as they have made their desision....I cant imagine they are the sort of people to be so corteous as to phone when they ARENT going with someone....what am I going to do?! Why did I have to be plain rude? Why couldnt I have been the epitomy of rude??? FFS! :rolleyes:

Still...nice to know my brilliance as a childminder shines through my bad attidude!! :p :laughing: ;)

Sx

OMG !!!!! They have made THEIR decision?!!!!! Roflmao!!! Call em back - Tell them to sling their hook - in the nicest sweetest possible way of course!! You could say that you've had a recomendation from a friend who is giving up minding and that the parents were keen to sign contracts straightaway, and say i am sure you understand that I couldnt possibly decline to do so, especially upon a personal recomendation!!

Schnakes
18-02-2008, 09:55 PM
What I would like to say is....well...actually,this is a family forum,so I wont print it!!

Spoke to another minding friend of mine today who had a phone call from them. On the basis of that phone call...she had time to think about it, then phoned back and cancelled the interview appointment completely!!! Glad Im not the only one!!!

Sx

peggy
18-02-2008, 10:15 PM
LOL! Your'll have this woman blackballed by every minder going!!! Did you return her answerphone message in the end?!