PDA

View Full Version : Giving up with business cards

Daddy Day Care
23-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Many of you may have read my first post on business cards a couple of weeks ago, where I got my business cards through which I thoguht were great untill I noticed instead of childrens handprints it was dog paw prints.

Well I orderd some more, and after making a mistake firstime surely im gongi to double check everything, i wouldnt make another muck up would I?

Well yup I did :crying: :crying: I cant believe it im so angry with myself for being such an idiot.

This time the picture was correct, the colour was as I wanted it, and there was no spelling mistakes, well kinda it was all good untill the last line, my post code, I went and put my mums in instead of mine :censored: :censored:

If I cant do a simple thing like order some business cards what am I going to be like with all the paperwork :panic: :panic:

Someone please punch me in the face

Gareth
xx

aly
23-05-2009, 03:04 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/7131/punch.jpg

ha aha only joking.

how about doing your own?
Imade mine...pretty easy really....andcheaper :p

Zoomie
23-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Well from a safeguarding point of view, I did not put anything to do with my address on my cards.

So it might be a handy 'diversion' as long as your mum doesn't live half the country away ???

And anyhow, most people are going to be using the cards for your phone number :blush: :blush: .

Roseolivia
23-05-2009, 03:23 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PixiePetal
23-05-2009, 03:32 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I ordered from Vistaprint and they are great ( correct picture, wording , numbers)................now it looks like we will be moving and having a different phone number :angry: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

charleyfarley
23-05-2009, 03:58 PM
I use Vistaprint for mine too, only paying for the p&p.

Dont think I saw your earlier post :blush: but give them a try

Carol xx

emler
23-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Oh dear - you're not having much luck are you Gareth :laughing:

Peppa
23-05-2009, 05:10 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: oh i'd wanna kick myself! third time lucky! :D

LOOPYLISA
23-05-2009, 05:14 PM
:angry: wat a pain

her8y
23-05-2009, 05:14 PM
:ROFL1: :doh:

haribo
23-05-2009, 05:21 PM
when i left home it took me almost 10 years to stop putting my parents postcode on everything:blush: it must be ingrained in the mind lol . im sure you will cope fine with the paperwork :laughing:

Daddy Day Care
23-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Geez Aly when I said I wanted a punch was meaning more of a slap, that hurt.

Wish it was bad luck emler I could take that but its not its just pure stupidity on my part, I was at my mums on her comp when i orderd them but thats no exscuse.

Yeah Peppa lets hope it is 3rd time lucky, if I suddenly dissapear for a couple of days you know ive messed up again and jumped in the local river (I cant swim).

I wasnt going to put my address on the cards zoomie, I just thought they looked so empty and wasnt sure what else to put on them, and your right I expect people to contact me over phone not post, but I nkow its wrong so will bug me to much to give out. My mums post code is similar to mine only last 2 letters differ.

Anyway I'm sure some of you amazing ladies can coem up with a good craft idea for me to do using 500+ business cards :D well i hope so anyway lol

Gareth
xx

PixiePetal
23-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Anyway I'm sure some of you amazing ladies can coem up with a good craft idea for me to do using 500+ business cards :D well i hope so anyway lol

Gareth
xx

What about 'snap'cards or stick pictures on of things to spot on a walk ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: sorry, still find it funny.

Might have to the same with mine :(

Roseolivia
23-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Geez Aly when I said I wanted a punch was meaning more of a slap, that hurt.

Wish it was bad luck emler I could take that but its not its just pure stupidity on my part, I was at my mums on her comp when i orderd them but thats no exscuse.

Yeah Peppa lets hope it is 3rd time lucky, if I suddenly dissapear for a couple of days you know ive messed up again and jumped in the local river (I cant swim).

I wasnt going to put my address on the cards zoomie, I just thought they looked so empty and wasnt sure what else to put on them, and your right I expect people to contact me over phone not post, but I nkow its wrong so will bug me to much to give out. My mums post code is similar to mine only last 2 letters differ.

Gareth
xx

Use them as toy money. Just the right size.

Pauline
23-05-2009, 06:26 PM
oh Gareth, I'm so sorry but I just had to laugh :laughing:

Good luck with the next lot! :rolleyes:

wendywu
23-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Well Garath just give people one of each card and between the two they have the correct picture and the correct post code :laughing:

TheBTeam
23-05-2009, 06:31 PM
whoops, but as they say practice makes perfect and third time lucky and all that!

Perhaps you could get your wife or someone just to glance over them to double check, two heads are better than one etc!!

Sorry for all the cliches, but it is betting than putting that i laughed (oh i did!):blush: :laughing:

Mollymop
23-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Bless ya! better luck next time:laughing:

Monkey1
23-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Gareth........are you blonde too???????:rolleyes: :cool: :D

aly
23-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Gareth........are you blonde too???????:rolleyes: :cool: :D
naughty monkey lol

you could always cross the postcode off and say you have moved :laughing:

ORKSIE
23-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Oh Gareth Bless ya:)
Love that Pic tho...WHAM!!!!!!!!:D

Toothfairy
23-05-2009, 08:53 PM
:doh: It's just not your day!

Daddy Day Care
23-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Thats what i love about this forum, your all so supportive :( You wouldnt laugh at someone when they are down you'd offer support :(

Pauline I expect better from you!!!!!!!!! :D

Havent been blonde since I was 13 monkey, then I went brown overnight but guess deep down im still blonde.

I blame it on the Mrs if it wasnt for her I'd be getting more sleep at night and wouldnt be making such stupid mistakes lol

Gareth
xx

ORKSIE
23-05-2009, 10:19 PM
:blush: :blush:
I blame it on the Mrs if it wasnt for her I'd be getting more sleep at night and wouldnt be making such stupid mistakes lol

Gareth
xx

:blush: :blush: Too much info:laughing: :laughing:

Daddy Day Care
23-05-2009, 10:25 PM
:blush: :blush: Too much info:laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: ohhhh pleaseeee cmon you know I meant because of the snoring, she dont let me near her when she preggers :angry: :laughing:

ORKSIE
23-05-2009, 10:31 PM
:laughing: ohhhh pleaseeee cmon you know I meant because of the snoring, she dont let me near her when she preggers :angry: :laughing:

Oh Yeah:blush: LMAO:laughing:

Alibali
24-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Sorry I know I shouldn't laugh but ..............:laughing: :laughing: Third time lucky!!

Chatterbox Childcare
24-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Who would notice a postcode? Parents ring phone numbers. I would use these ones up first

Chell
24-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Been there done that, I've said on another thread recently but mine arrived with Sing with your baby instead of Sign with your baby. :blush:

ORKSIE
24-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Been there done that, I've said on another thread recently but mine arrived with Sing with your baby instead of Sign with your baby. :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: Sorry, didnt mean to laff.
But what the hey, we all sing with our babies.
But very annoying all the same.

Gizmo
25-05-2009, 06:20 PM
I was reading this post last night and went on and ordered mine.
Checked them at work today the business cards are fine but the return address labels have my address with raod on them :doh:
note to self STOP GOING ON THE INTERNET WHEN YOU HAVE HAD A GLASS OF WINE:laughing: :laughing:

Blackhorse
25-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Sorry I know I shouldn't laugh but ..............:laughing: :laughing: Third time lucky!!

:clapping: :clapping: