PDA

View Full Version : Worried I have upset a potential parent

berkschick
13-02-2008, 01:27 PM
I have had 4 enquiries this morning!

2 are coming to see me and 2 I couldnt help but I knew a minder who could so I was pleased to pass her number on.

But one of the parents who called just rang back and asked for my registration number. I must admit my back went up a bit and I asked her why she wanted it. She said another childminder had told her to ask for it which I find a bit odd. Anyway, I refused to give it and explained that there is nothing to see on OFSTED about me yet as I havent had my first proper inspection.

Mum works in a creche so hopefully she will understand how these things work but I am worried that I maybe have upset her and maybe come accross that I have something to hide which of course I dont. I have told her she can see my registration certificate, insurance, etc when she cmes to visit on Monday.

I know I did the right thing in not giving my number out but I would hate to think I have upset Mum already!

LittleMissSparkles
13-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Debbieif she isgenuine she will understand when you explain to her on monday xxx

Pipsqueak
13-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I think you have done right about not giving your number out. Perhaps you can tell her why you don't give it out until contracts have been signed (preventing fraudlent claims with the tax office etc).

Wonder why another minder told her to ask you for it???

Just show her your reg cert (blank out the EY number!;) for now).

mrsbumbles
13-02-2008, 01:33 PM
I think you did the right thing Debbie, working alone i think we read too much into what people say and sometimes worry ourselves when theres no need, im sure the lady wont take offence by what you have said, so forget it for now and concentrate on filling those spaces and providing great care for your mindees.

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 01:36 PM
I think you were right Debbie

You know I had the same problem earlier this week - that parent has come back for the forms today and she knows I will not give my reg number till he starts next week

I thought I had upset her too but she came back so Im sure your parent will too

Good luck

Angel xx

miss muffit
13-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi Debbie just giving your postcode would be enough for prospective parents to see your ofsted report. Have you ever visited the ofsted we site? Karen

Spangles
13-02-2008, 01:38 PM
You did the right thing and congratulations on so many enquiries!

deeb66
13-02-2008, 01:41 PM
I think you did the right thing too Debbie

If she is genuine she will understand......if you don't hear/see her again then at least you know she hasn't got your number!

charleyfarley
13-02-2008, 01:51 PM
You definately did the right thing and I'm sure she will understand this when you explain why to her when she visits on Monday

Well done on getting all these enquiries

Carol xx

Mollymop
13-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Just wanted to say well done. I hope I am as active as you when I get my cert through!:clapping:

Rubybubbles
13-02-2008, 02:09 PM
you did the right thing, what an odd thing for another childminder tell her to ask for! They only need it for tax claims (and to see our reports):thumbsup:

sarah707
13-02-2008, 02:29 PM
YOu did the right thing... and like others say... if she is genuine she will understand and ...tbh if it's upset her then how is she going to cope when little junior gets his first wallop or bite from anther child?!? :D

Cheeky Chops
13-02-2008, 03:16 PM
you did the right thing, I wouldnt of given her the reg no either!!! If its meant to be its meant to be!! xx

ruby
13-02-2008, 09:00 PM
i agree with everyone else i wouldn't have given my number
i am sure she will understand when you explain on Monday

good luck

cathy and rachel

Banana
13-02-2008, 09:47 PM
i agree, you did the right thing

x

emler
14-02-2008, 03:49 AM
You definately did the right thing - I'm sure mum will be fine about it when you meet her.

Emler x

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
14-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Like everyone else says you did the right thing I do not give my reg number out incase they claim tax credits against your number and then not use you.

I am sure she will understand.

Lorraine xx