PDA

View Full Version : How early should I apply for a variation?

butterfly
23-05-2009, 02:14 PM
I will need a variation to allow 2 children under 1 in November for 2 days per week.

How early do you think I should put in the application? i want to be able to tell the parents for certain as soon as possible but i don't want ofsted to throw it out because it's too far in advance!

i'm fairly sure it will be granted as one is for siblings to attend and one is for a parent to increase their babies hours.

Mummits
23-05-2009, 06:37 PM
I just got a variation, as you know, for 4 under 5's 2 afternoons a week. I sent an email to Ofsted setting out how it had arisen (extra hours requested by existing mindees family i.e continuity of care) and how I would cope (plenty of car seats, cots, highchairs, cots, bedding etc and an idea of how I would organise my day). They responded positively in just two days (after lots of chasing up and grovelling from me admittedly) but I have to say they were super-nice and really understanding. So I would say go for it and they may well surprise you. Good luck!

Mummits
23-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Sorry forgot to say the main point I think is that they will appreciate having plenty of notice, rather than hold it against you - I'm sure they thought I was being a real pain in the bum.