PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled registration and want to CM again!

embles
23-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi,

Last november some parents asked me to nanny for them from their home. I converted registration to voluntary register. The nannying job didn't work out as dad was made redundant.

Now I want to CM again. Do I have to do the whole registration process again??? Please tell me no!

How long is the process now? I don't think I could cope with doing it all again.

Thanks,
Emily

mushpea
23-05-2009, 12:00 PM
I cancled my registration back in 2003 for various reasons and then had to go through the whole registering proces again in 2007, it took 3 months but i didnt have to do any of the courses first like you do now.

cuddlybunny38
23-05-2009, 12:14 PM
I stopped minding in nov 2005, then restarted in april 2008 had to do everything angain, including dhc, first aid the lot.

Pipsqueak
23-05-2009, 12:16 PM
'fraid so:rolleyes:

Chanelle
23-05-2009, 12:35 PM
I too used to childmind in 2002 and had to hand back my registration. Looking back now I really wish I had kept it up and had my inspections etc ...

I have now just re-registered. When I applied I was told that I would have to re do all the parts of the courses etc ... The main requirement is that you have a NVQ 3 or higher qualification and a 1st Aid Certificate.

I had to re do a first aid but really said I wanted to Childmind as soon as possible and as I had my NVQ 3 was not required to do the CMP Courses and only have to attend the Sector Specific - in Childminding. I had my development worker come to my home to do the introduction part etc that is the information part i think ... as I wasnt able to go to the only date they had left and didnt want to wait til the next course which is due to take place in June. They agreed to this also and came to see me. I have to say though that I really had to push not to do the whole course and with percerveerence it worked in my favour.

The whole re regestration has taken me 11 weeks. So although you have to re-register it is definatelly worth it as I am having the time of my life !! :D

Good Luck and hope you have the good luck I had :)

snowqueen
23-05-2009, 08:06 PM
I have just re registered and did not have to go throught who process again, i went to the pre reg meeting, then all i had to do was fill in the main ofsted form.I did not have to do the crb as ofsted said it was valid for 3 years, i did not have to do medical again.
I just had my visit from ofsted. So hopefully soon i will get my certificate sooner as they dont need to wait for crb.It probably varies in other areas tho. Maybe im in a lucky area;)

snowqueen
23-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Bearing in mind i only gave up October last year..so that could be why i did not have to re do everything:D