PDA

View Full Version : Activities for inspection?

mummyspice
22-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Hi Guys,
Have my inspection next tues or thurs. Any ideas for activities? Unfortunately it's the school hols, so no break for pre-school runs etc. I'm now going to have 2 x 3 yrolds. Our topic at the moment is gardens, tbh we have covered most of the stuff on the planning already. Thought about am-gardens lotto game, cutting and sticking from gardens magazine pm maybe make biscuits and then decorate them as flowers? any other ideas that won't go particularly pear shaped and will impress?
Lisa x

Carol
22-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Sounds good what you have come up with. Keep it simple and mainly let children have free play (child led activities - Mrs. Ofsted was hot on that at mine)

Good Luck anyway

Carol xxxxx

angeldelight
22-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Your ideas sound fab

Try to keep it to things that you know the children like and enjoy and have fun

Relax and hope it goes ok

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
22-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Mines due at the start of summer hols - gonna give all mine a dose of medised:D ;)
JOKING really I am JOKING (gonna ask the parents to do it - honestly really I am kidding)

sorry that was no help what so ever was it:ohdear:

I agree, keep it simple and what the kids know and like and good luck

mummyspice
22-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks girls.....still doing my SEF...and not going to bed til it's finished lol
Actually, went to bed for an hour at about 7, so I could stay up late:eek:

My normal mindees for those days, are on holiday next week, so have changed round the others lol. Caroline is having my own kids....couldn't possibly trust the 4 of them to behave in front of Mrs Ofsted lol:laughing:
Lisa x

angeldelight
22-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks girls.....still doing my SEF...and not going to bed til it's finished lol
Actually, went to bed for an hour at about 7, so I could stay up late:eek:

My normal mindees for those days, are on holiday next week, so have changed round the others lol. Caroline is having my own kids....couldn't possibly trust the 4 of them to behave in front of Mrs Ofsted lol:laughing:
Lisa x

Good luck with your SEF it took me ages to do mine

Angel xx

mummyspice
22-05-2009, 11:42 PM
I know lol...started last Saturday!!:laughing:
Up to section 4 f now, so theres a light at the end of the tunnel!:jump for joy:

angeldelight
22-05-2009, 11:44 PM
I know lol...started last Saturday!!:laughing:
Up to section 4 f now, so theres a light at the end of the tunnel!:jump for joy:

You will get there Lisa

I sat for ages sometimes not having a clue what to write then it would just come to me and I would be fine

Dont over work yourself

xxx

helenlc
23-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Provide activities that you know they like and will engage with. I did PlayDoh with the 3 yr old I had during my inspection as I knew she loved this and would play and really get into it.

Good luck

Minstrel
23-05-2009, 07:20 AM
Hope your inspection goes well xx

The Juggler
23-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Hi Guys,
Have my inspection next tues or thurs. Any ideas for activities? Unfortunately it's the school hols, so no break for pre-school runs etc. I'm now going to have 2 x 3 yrolds. Our topic at the moment is gardens, tbh we have covered most of the stuff on the planning already. Thought about am-gardens lotto game, cutting and sticking from gardens magazine pm maybe make biscuits and then decorate them as flowers? any other ideas that won't go particularly pear shaped and will impress?
Lisa x

I was doing Spring/Gardens - planting outside - digging etc. As we were looking at growing and all the bugs and butterflies in garden I did little cress pots, had some books about spring - spot does gardening and hungry caterpiller as our books of week and we played elefun.

sounds like you have it covered though.

Good luck with inspection

mummyspice
23-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks girls:)
Lisa x

miffy
23-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Some nice ideas/display things here

http://communication4all.co.uk/http/Gardening.htm

Miffy xx

mummyspice
23-05-2009, 10:20 PM
THANKS MIFFY X

hello kitty
24-05-2009, 07:45 AM
I was doing Spring/Gardens - planting outside - digging etc. As we were looking at growing and all the bugs and butterflies in garden I did little cress pots, had some books about spring - spot does gardening and hungry caterpiller as our books of week and we played elefun.

sounds like you have it covered though.

Good luck with inspection

Sounds just like my day too!!!!!!!!:D