PDA

View Full Version : Done it at last!

anneriddington
13-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi
After weeks of summing up to courage to have a go here it is my new website. Still some bits to tweek and I still have to add my policy details, but its a start.

Have a look and let me have feedback on it

www.freewebs.com/happyfeetchildminding

Thanks Anne:blush:

sarah707
13-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Anne it's lovely! Well done you!

And now I know what you look like!

And thank you for a link to the forum :D

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 11:53 AM
That is lovely well done hope you get lots of work from it

Angel xx

anneriddington
13-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi Sara

Yes sorry about the photo, Im the one that usually holds the camera not sits in fron of it so finding a photo was pretty difficult. Is it ok to put a link on my site to your site as your books are reaaly great and I sure other childminders if viewing it would enjoy then and find the helpful.

Not sure how people will find out about my site unless I give out the address as to google my name doesn't bring it up and neith searfching Ruskington childminder. Any suggestions what to do!:rolleyes:

I am currently full for my under fives and I have three little ones full time mon - thurs (day off Fridays:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: )

mrsbumbles
13-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Its great, well done, i wish i were clever enough to do one, im a complete novice as far as pc's are concerned.

sarah707
13-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi Sara

Yes sorry about the photo, Im the one that usually holds the camera not sits in fron of it so finding a photo was pretty difficult. Is it ok to put a link on my site to your site as your books are reaaly great and I sure other childminders if viewing it would enjoy then and find the helpful.

Not sure how people will find out about my site unless I give out the address as to google my name doesn't bring it up and neith searfching Ruskington childminder. Any suggestions what to do!:rolleyes:

I am currently full for my under fives and I have three little ones full time mon - thurs (day off Fridays:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: )

Yes of course. thank you for asking... I will put a link on my site to you as well... I just got lots of friends to visit my site to start with and linked with some other childminders. You can register with google as well but I've lost the link... sorry! Any ideas anyone? :D

flora
13-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Anne, that website is lovely, looks really proffessional and I would be very impressed as a prospective parent. :clapping: Your home look lovely. Can you look after me too??? Would love to go back a few !!!:D years and have no worries just loads of fun.:D

LittleMissSparkles
13-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Brilliant Ann well done xxx love the photos xxx

your fee's are quite cheap though is that the general cost in your area ?

xxx

anneriddington
13-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Yes they are!!:(
Some are even cheaper than mine:mad: When I started I decided to research the going rate and wne along with what most others were charhing. There are quite a lot of childminders in my village, even though it is quite large. Not many have all their place filled, so I am happy with that. The most I know that is charge is £3.00. Not that much more than my fee. I have some great parents who always pay promptly and do pay additional amounts for the 3 meals a day I provide which I know some c/ms include in their hourly rate. So I am happy at the moment and all of them appear to be long term contracts - but who can tell?

Generally rates of pay in the area are not that great - but hey is a lovely area to live and bring up a family and I love what I do.:clapping:

A child I minded previously moved to another c/m based on cost alone! That minder offered cover for £1.50 p/h madness:censored: I believe if you give a strong professional level of care you should value the service you provide and price accordingly. I understand that other areas charge out at a higher rate, a friendly of mine in Brackley charges £3.50 p/h, which seems huge to us out in the sticks:laughing:

Mollymop
13-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Hi Anne, I think you have done a fantastic job. I loved looking at all the photos. Well done XX

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 01:14 PM
The fees in my area are also the same £3 an hour - seems to be the average around here

xx

sarah707
13-02-2008, 01:17 PM
I just remembered I came to Ruskington a good few years ago for a wedding! My friend's mum and dad lived on a static van site in the village and my dd was about 3 at the time and a bridesmaid... happy day... but she refused to smile for any of the photos! :laughing:

anneriddington
13-02-2008, 01:32 PM
We do have a static homes site on the edge of the village. Was it at the village church? We have a lovely beck (stream) running through the centre of the village where there are always plently of ducks needing some bread. Ofter walk into the village with a loaf of bread - fresh of course as the little ones eat as much as the ducks when we feed them:laughing: Its lovely in the spring we get loads of ducklings. Ahh sweeeeet:p

HilaryT
13-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi Anne,

Well done! I have recently completed my own website too (www.hilaryterrychildcare.co.uk). You have to apply to the search engines to get your name added. You need to go onto the Google.com site and follow the instructions. It can take several weeks to get approved, though mine didnt take that long. You should also go onto the Microsoft and Yahoo sits to get linked into their search engines.

I must be lucky - rates around here are between £4 and £5 per hour!

Good luck
Hilary

miss muffit
13-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Well done Anne ...web page is looking good ...Karen

Spangles
13-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Your site is really good, I think you're really clever I couldn't do that!

sarah707
13-02-2008, 02:34 PM
We do have a static homes site on the edge of the village. Was it at the village church? We have a lovely beck (stream) running through the centre of the village where there are always plently of ducks needing some bread. Ofter walk into the village with a loaf of bread - fresh of course as the little ones eat as much as the ducks when we feed them:laughing: Its lovely in the spring we get loads of ducklings. Ahh sweeeeet:p

Yes it was and we fed the ducks after the service... beautiful part of the world! I can imagine you there now I know what you look like as well x :D

sandy
13-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi Anne

What a lovely site, really welcoming. Your home looks lovely too. I'd be quite happy to stay for the day myself !! :clapping:

P.S You missed out the second "e" in Registered. Hope you don't mind me saying. I'm a spell freak !!! :blush:

Sandy

sandy
13-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Sorry -- I meant third "e" xx

Twinkles
13-02-2008, 07:32 PM
What a lovely website. It's something I have been thinking of doing. Your rates do seem cheap, I'm cheap for my area at four pounds an hour.

anneriddington
13-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Just had another look at the Childrens Link website at other childminders fees in my area. The highest I could find was £3.25 including meals! I suppose when you add the charge I make for meals £2.50 usually for the day then it would make the hourly rate more. Horses for courses! And I think at the end of the day if wages are not that high locally parents have to be able to afford to work or there wouldn't be a need for childminders.

Ive never been told before my rates are cheap - feels a bit strange really, but we all have to go with the area we are in. I think clients around here would pass out at £4 p/h. :laughing:

Im happy with the rate and the children. :)

anneriddington
13-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I have dropped in the "e" Thanks Sandy:blush:

mjw
09-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Lovely site. What a great conservatory too. We all enjoy nosing at other peoples houses!! :blush: Tell me where did you get the water play toy in your photo?
Mary

miffy
09-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Lovely website Anne

Your conservatory looks great

Miffy xx

anneriddington
10-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Lovely site. What a great conservatory too. We all enjoy nosing at other peoples houses!! :blush: Tell me where did you get the water play toy in your photo?
Mary

Its from ELC its called aqaua play its great I have had it a long time it belonged to my children when they were little (8 yrs ago)

sarahstanbridge
10-03-2008, 07:06 PM
what a lovely site. well done
sarah

Banana
10-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Thats lovely!!

Well done!

x