PDA

View Full Version : got my zafira yay! but need to know...

mushpea
22-05-2009, 01:49 PM
so pleased i got my zafira, waited and saved for ages and finaly got one yeah!!!!:clapping:
the question is if i put a fixed car seat on the back seats can i still move the back seats forwards to get to the boot seats or does the seat belt on the fixed seat prevent this?
also how and where would you go about putting the following children
18mnths
2yrs
3yrs
6yrs
8yrs
10yrs
I will have to have the fixed seat on the middle back seats as this is a lap belt only and the seat is one that goes on a lap belt, thought about the 10yrold in the front as shes the eldest, tallest and shes mine! but worried about leaving littlys on the path whilst strapping others in! thought it would be easy once i got it:D
actualy can kids fit through the two boot seats to get in that way?
havent got any children till next tuesday to try it and wanted to take them all out for the day so was trying to prepare ready.

Tatjana
22-05-2009, 01:53 PM
I haven't got any advice but wanted to say YAY to your new car!!

I'm also thinking of getting one, so will be interested in the replies.

Have fun in your new car:D

xx

Trouble
22-05-2009, 02:02 PM
i had one but got to go out now

keep checking the oil as ours 05 used lots and lots:eek: :(

TheBTeam
22-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Not sure about the configuration of zafiras, but it may be possible to stand the very little ones in the middle row while you load the back so that they are not on the pavement. If you are forced to keep them on the pavement can you use reins/wrist straps attached to a pushchair or put one between your legs and the door of the car while you are leaning in to strap one in!

I am sure it will be fantastic enjoy

nikim
22-05-2009, 03:11 PM
ive got one and i love it you can put a seat in the middle with a lap belt and still slide the seats to access the back,if you use the 2 outer seats you cant as the belt is attatched to the car body iyswim i tend to put the younger ones in the boot (20 mths) and put the booster seats along the middle row i have a new shape one now and its got a 3 point belt inthe middle, but with my old one i had a britax freeway in the middle with a lap belt and it worked well, hope that helps and enjoy your new car ,:clapping:

just read that back and not sure it makes sense:rolleyes:

donnadoo2004200
22-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I put carseats in the back x 2 and then 1 in the middle row but on the end, then have the middle row middle seat and one next to it free for bigger ones and then you have only a booter to move to get back ones in and out easily. I hope you understand all this, quite simple really. Goodluck

ORKSIE
22-05-2009, 04:58 PM
I cant answer your question but this is what i'm looking for:thumbsup:

Twinkles
22-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Mine has a three point belt in the middle but to answer your question about accessing the rear seats I have been known to 'post' the children over the top of the seats through the boot. ( that sounds quite cruel but you know what I mean :laughing: )
As for keeping the littlies safe while strapping the others in mine are taught quite early on to do 'safe hands'. They have to put their hands on the car and keep them there. Obviously you still have to have eyes in the back of your head in case they stray. Or keep littlies strapped in a buggy whilst you load.

Alibali
22-05-2009, 05:43 PM
At the moment I have 2 car seats in the very back and 3 boosters in middle row, however when I needed 3 proper seats I had 2 in the back and one at the side of middle row, I leave the middle row seats forward, leaving just enough room for los legs, and then I can climb in the back from the side without fixed seat to strap in, no need to move the seat at all. This way you can sit them all in seats before strapping in and they are all safe. Hope that makes sense.

mushpea
22-05-2009, 06:40 PM
thanks folks, think i've worked out what i am going to do, as the seat on the lap belt in the middle will still allow the seats to go forward i will put the 2 children on boosters with backs on in the boot so thats the 3yrold and 2yrold ( he is a big 2yrold so is on a booster with adult belt due to weight), they will go in first then slide the seats back and put the others in,
only problem is i have just tonight taken on another 5yrold which means 1 day a week in the hols i will have two many for the car:eek:
cant belive i buy a new car then end up with two many kids for that aswell:laughing:

Heaven Scent
23-05-2009, 07:55 AM
I've read all the other great advice you were given - its been 6 years since I had a Zafira.

1) I'd put your's in the front on a booster with the airbag turned off.

2) there isn't much space to put between the two back seats for a child to squeeze through - only option would be to put them over but not advisable - not good for your back or your car seats not them really

3) I would park a bit away from the school if necessary to ensure there is plenty of space on the foot path so you are not blocking it - with the other children which gives you plenty of time to load the children and keep an eye on them - if there are lots of children and parents trying to get past it can cause cofusion and some parents get impatient and grumpy (they are selfish) if they have to wait to get past.

Keep your 10 year old out till last so she can hold onto the younger childrens hands while you load the car. Get the 2 middle children to hold hands and have wrist straps for the 2 & 3 year olds - and have them attached to the buggy - Just be very firm with the ground rules relating to waiting to get into the car.

I hope this helps - its comes from my own experience - I now have a C8 so I can get the kids in between the back seats but I have always had to be really firm at car loading time especially when I was lading/unloading the child on the road side. I don't collect/drip off at the schools/playgroups that where I have to park on the road side at the moment and parets seem to be calmer when in carparks - most of my income is made up of under 3's at the moment where befor christmas I seemed to spend my whole day picking up and dropping off.

Hope that helps

mushpea
23-05-2009, 11:59 AM
I've read all the other great advice you were given - its been 6 years since I had a Zafira.

1) I'd put your's in the front on a booster with the airbag turned off.

2) there isn't much space to put between the two back seats for a child to squeeze through - only option would be to put them over but not advisable - not good for your back or your car seats not them really

3) I would park a bit away from the school if necessary to ensure there is plenty of space on the foot path so you are not blocking it - with the other children which gives you plenty of time to load the children and keep an eye on them - if there are lots of children and parents trying to get past it can cause cofusion and some parents get impatient and grumpy (they are selfish) if they have to wait to get past.

Keep your 10 year old out till last so she can hold onto the younger childrens hands while you load the car. Get the 2 middle children to hold hands and have wrist straps for the 2 & 3 year olds - and have them attached to the buggy - Just be very firm with the ground rules relating to waiting to get into the car.

I hope this helps - its comes from my own experience - I now have a C8 so I can get the kids in between the back seats but I have always had to be really firm at car loading time especially when I was lading/unloading the child on the road side. I don't collect/drip off at the schools/playgroups that where I have to park on the road side at the moment and parets seem to be calmer when in carparks - most of my income is made up of under 3's at the moment where befor christmas I seemed to spend my whole day picking up and dropping off.

Hope that helps

yes thanks this does help and so does all the other great advice. As mine has a lap belt in the middle i can put the baby in the seat that goes on a lap belt, she will wait in the buggy whilst i put the two next smaller ones in the boot then the older ones can get in either side of the fixed seat then my daughter in the front, going to be a bit of a milatry operation but am sure it will get easier with time.
luckily i dont have to do school runs in it as we are only 5mins walk from both schools so its actualy quicker to walk.