PDA

View Full Version : cat litter

mozarella
22-05-2009, 01:04 PM
I told the inspector that the cat litter will be put in the kitchen in the day time since my cat is out most of the day and there will be a stair gate to prevent access to the kitchen.

She was ok with this, but now I am doubdting whether this will be ok with food hygiene

Blackhorse
22-05-2009, 01:11 PM
I am not sure what food safety people would say but to be honest I would not like to have a cat litter box in the kitchen. That is where my mum would keep it and even though it was closed with a catflap for the cat to get in and out there were some unpleasent smells around at times and I don't like to have them in my kitchen.

I have moved mine upstairs so out of the way of mindees ...

My cats also always manage to have some litter stones stuck to there paws so I need to vacuum around the cat litter box loads of times to remove it all.

mozarella
22-05-2009, 01:15 PM
I am not sure what food safety people would say but to be honest I would not like to have a cat litter box in the kitchen. That is where my mum would keep it and even though it was closed with a catflap for the cat to get in and out there were some unpleasent smells around at times and I don't like to have them in my kitchen.

I have moved mine upstairs so out of the way of mindees ...

My cats also always manage to have some litter stones stuck to there paws so I need to vacuum around the cat litter box loads of times to remove it all.

my cat litter as a top and a liitle flap so it doesnt smell and she rarely uses it. maybe upstairs is a good idea but all the rooms will be used by the mindees

Blackhorse
22-05-2009, 01:17 PM
ah I see
I did not register my upstairs apart from the bathroom to have some mindee-free rooms!!

So there is nowhere else the mindees can't get to?