PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Debster
22-05-2009, 12:45 PM
My friend has just had her inspection and she registered 3 weeks before me so I am guessing it will be my turn in the next 3 weeks:panic: :panic: :panic: . Anyway she has asked me to cover her hoilday and take on a little boy for just over a week my concern is that knwing my luck I will be inspected that week. It could be chaos I know he will be unsettled and that will upset the apple cart with the 2 I already have. when I have my inspection I just wanted it to be like a normal day without the added stress of another child and a unsettled one at that. Iam concerned about what info I will need for him. do you think I could tell a whit lie if ofsted call and put them off fir a week say Iam going away. Or do I just do it and hope for the best I didnt want to let my friend down and its full time so the money would certainly be handy any other time but now. Iam just so worried about my inspection I can just see a disaster.:panic: :panic: :panic:
Deb :eek:

wendywu
22-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Just put Ofsted off for a week. Say you have hospital visits or an illness in the family or are on holiday. :)

Mrs.L.C
22-05-2009, 12:52 PM
I agree, just put them off and say you are off that week.

Debster
22-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Thankyou if I say Iam not working that week will they put the visit off?
I have heard of inspectors turning up anyway when you say you are not minding although my friends mindee was in scotland and the inspector said she would wait untill he was back. Iam just a bag of nerves and worrying about things that may never happen:panic
Deb

angeldelight
22-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Just put Ofsted off for a week. Say you have hospital visits or an illness in the family or are on holiday. :)

Yes thats what I would do too

Good luck

Angel xx

Blaze
23-05-2009, 01:39 AM
The problem is if you say you are not working & they turn up...it's not a good start is it? Even if they don't turn up...your attendance register will reflect that you were working...Personally I would not take the child...it's murphy's law that you won't have your inspection if you don't take the child, & if you do you will, but inspections are bad enough without added stress!

Monkey1
23-05-2009, 05:24 AM
If this child is familiar to you and is used to mixing with the children you care for i can't see it being a problem..........infact it might work to your advantage.......might keep the others occupied allowing you to get on with getting ready for Ofsted

charleyfarley
23-05-2009, 05:29 AM
If Ofsted phone then I would put them off as I have done in the past, well she did want to come the next day:panic:

Carol xx

Debster
23-05-2009, 07:03 AM
The child is familiar to me and I have asked for him to spend time at my house over the next few weeks.He does have a tendency to fight with my mindee. I have decided that by telling them Iam not working could back fire as my attendence records would show I did in fact have children that week. Maybe I should just get on with it surley if I had a unsettled child the inspector would understand the situation. Or I could not answer my phone:laughing: I think I may consider a backup if I know what day they are coming someone may cover me for a few hours his mum is aware of my situation and I have asked if maybe his grandparents could step in. there has been a few situations when I could have looked after him before when his childminder was ill and when her children had chicken pox but she used her mum instead this time she has loads of notice. Or do I just say no:panic:

Minstrel
23-05-2009, 07:25 AM
I may go with the not answering phone!

Or go with you have activities already planned and paid for outside of your home.

Good luck when you finally have it though!

xx

Tatia
26-05-2009, 03:56 PM
A friend of mine had an inspection and the children really played her up and did all sorts opf things they didn't normally do (like dump soil from pot plant on floor and such). The inspector laughed and said they had done her a favour because she was able to see the way my friend handled adverse situations with the kids.:laughing:

miffy
27-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Have just read your other post - hope you got this sorted!

Miffy xx

Debster
28-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Have just read your other post - hope you got this sorted!

Miffy xx

Yes thanks now I know when Iam being inspected I have worked around it I am covering the first week only I just hope my inspector does not turn up before hand :panic:

zippy
15-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Hiya

I really think you have got to do whats best for you and your mindees, if you do agree you are going to worry yourself sick about, she'll understand shes just been through the trauma of hers after all