PDA

View Full Version : Im getting confused.....

Fabby
22-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Hello all,

I have just been informed that i will need a full NVQ in Childcare as well as the 'Childminding Course' for Ofstead to pass me and register me??????
Is this right????? I thought i would just need the Home Based Childcare Course and Children's first aid to be able to pass an Ofstead report. I am just waiting for a phone call back to confirm but i thought one of you clever clogs will be able to help me in the meantime.

Thanks
Antonia (getting really confused)

FizzysFriends
22-05-2009, 10:55 AM
No you don't need an NVQ you need ICP and First Aid.

sarah707
22-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Don't panic!

At the moment the regulations state that you need an introduction to childminding course and a first aid certificate.

There are currently talks at Government level about wanting every childminder and early years worker to have a level 3 qualification.

This is not yet law... it's just at the consultation stage.

if it does become law then there will be funding etc and courses made available for everyone.

I hope this helps :D

Pipsqueak
22-05-2009, 11:10 AM
already explained:D

Fabby
22-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah I have just had a confirmation from the local authority and what i thought orgianlly was correct. We will need to do the Nvq by 2011 apparently. I have just been speaking to such a helpful woman at the council - she is fantastic - sending me loads of info this afternoon of all the other course i can attend - woooo - its exciting!!

Antonia x:jump for joy:

sarah707
22-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah I have just had a confirmation from the local authority and what i thought orgianlly was correct. We will need to do the Nvq by 2011 apparently. I have just been speaking to such a helpful woman at the council - she is fantastic - sending me loads of info this afternoon of all the other course i can attend - woooo - its exciting!!

Antonia x:jump for joy:

The current date they are looking at is 2015, your helpful woman needs to update herself :rolleyes:

Mollymop
22-05-2009, 01:28 PM
The current date they are looking at is 2015, your helpful woman needs to update herself :rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking.