PDA

View Full Version : Triple buggies/pushchairs - your experience/advice please?

balloon
22-05-2009, 07:07 AM
As from mid June I'll be minding 3 x 16 month old toddlers one day a week. I'm not anticipating any particular problems but want to get everything ready well in advance so am looking at buying a triple buggy/pushchair. (I've already got 3 of everything else, lol!). None of the babies have been walking long, nor do I have a car and public transport here is severely limited so using doubles & buggy boards/making them walk is not an option...

I have no experience of triples at all so am relying completely on advice ... :blush:

So, please could you share with me your experience? what's good, what's not, if you've used one what you particularly like and or dislike about it. (any links to products would be great if that's ok?)Please be very honest...

I'm going to be away from the 'puter for a few days but have tagged the post with an email notification for replies and will check when I get back.

Thanks in advance

Blue xx
ps, I'm getting a Mountain buggy double urban at the end of the month so if there's a way to triple-ise that safely that could be an idea too...

tammerisk
22-05-2009, 07:19 AM
i have an obaby triple buggy it is good for getting around but it is heavy to push and it don't fit in or on anything. i have to walk to anywhere with it and i have to make sure that they have double doors or i can't get in or i have to have some one help me take it in side ways which is loads of fun. i would personly have a double and a buggy board if they are that old if they were younger then maybe a triple but they will be wanting to walk around soon or if you have alot of paitience get them all to walk!!!!!!!!

youarewhatyoueat
22-05-2009, 07:30 AM
For the odd occasion have you thought about having one in a pack pack if you don't have to go far, or a buggy board with a seat.

cabby
22-05-2009, 07:33 AM
i have a T3 jogger which i really love, it is very expensive, but as i dont drive i use it all the time so can justify the price a bit more, the reason i like it so much is because its a double pram as well, you just put the toddler sear on the front (very easy to do) when you need a triple, which means i have been able to sell ALL my other triple and double prams, and dh has his garage back:clapping:, i would defiently recommend it.

TheBTeam
22-05-2009, 08:38 AM
I have an easylife sport double which you can add one or two toddler seats to, it has solid tyres and is a fantastic pushchair, I bought it from new zealand as i got a much better service from the company than the one i found selling it over here and the price was similar.

I have a kidz kargo side by side triple which was much cheaper, but it is falling to bits and has only been used a few times, so although i paid nearly 4 times as much i think the easylife will last much much longer than that and is much easier to get around!

helenlc
23-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Can you not send the Mountain Buggy double back or cancel the order and get one of the ones mentioned about ie a double jogger that you can add a seat to?

I have used a Mountain Buggy double when I was a nanny and it was a dream. If the other ones are similar I would imagine they are easier to manouvre than a tripple umbrella style one.

The triple side by side (by side!!) ones are very wide and you would be very limited where you could go with it. I have 2 friends who had triplets - one had the umbrella style and struggled to get around town and even down the road on the pavement, the other had a 2 seats behind and one extra in front and this was easier to get around.

Alibali
23-05-2009, 02:05 PM
http://www.secondchildhood.co.nz/at_the_beach.jpg

this looks good, is there an option for a toddler seat for your double buggy?

melanieabigail2004
23-05-2009, 03:39 PM
I have an Easylife Sport DOuble with the seat on the front - I might be selling it soon if you are interested.

Mel

TheBTeam
23-05-2009, 03:55 PM
http://www.secondchildhood.co.nz/at_the_beach.jpg

this looks good, is there an option for a toddler seat for your double buggy?

This is the company i bought from they are fantastic, and i bought two toddler seats as dh and i are both cm's and sometimes have 4 needing buggys and this way we can have one of us with free hands instead of both being tied to two buggies. I paid for the hard tyre option so flats are not a problem and i love it! the picture is like mine but i have the option to use two toddler seats.

watgem
23-05-2009, 05:07 PM
I had a Peg-perego[mammas and pappas] tandem buggy which meant it would fit on narrow pavements and through single doors, it was lovely and cosy for the little ones, but the shopping basket was useless and it had no raincover and I couldn't find one so had to improvise with a single and double buggy cover. I loved it because the babies could face you or away, it was pretty sturdy too and all the covers could be removed for washing. I used it solidly for 2 years before passing it on. The downside was it was quite bulky to store and wouldn't fit in a standard car boot.:)

vix84
23-05-2009, 07:21 PM
I have a Peg perego on the way - should arrive in an hour:) so Ill let you know what its like. I paid £275 for it secondhand though so it is pricey but I have 2 11 month olds and also a 15 month old on 2 days a week and then may have 3 on an extra day too. It can be used as a win one too. I think they are quite hard to get hold of in this country though.

Not sure if mine has a raincover so will have to look into that one!

balloon
25-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks everybody!

just back from hols, I got all your messages diverted to my blackberry though so I could read them as they came in - couldn't reply though which I hadn't relaised, sorry. :blush:

The easylife one looks good so does the T3 but I think I just prefer the easylife (no idea why though!) Thanks for the comments on the side-by-sides too I'd been looking at the triple o baby so was glad of that honest review, lol! ;)

Mel, I've pm'd you regarding your easylife triple.

Helen, I cannot easily cancel it as I've arranged to buy it from a lady on another forum (not a childminding forum)who has kindly held it for me for 2 weeks til I had the cash to pay for it. I don't feel it would be right to let her down now - I could possibly run to buying both if I could get a 2nd hand one with a good price...

Thanks again everybody - much appreciated! :)