PDA

View Full Version : sorry i need to have a moan

emmadines
21-05-2009, 11:19 PM
my sister is just starting up cm, which is fine, gtood on her n all that....

she pipped me on msn earlier asking how i got on with the eyf and the book, i replyed grrrrrrr as i dont like it, its all paper work.
anyway she said "oh its easy i worked with it in the nursery i volenter at.

then went on to say how cm was just like a nursery and its easy...... grrrr its far from a flippin easy job,:angry:

its started already, i can do bla bla better then you, its not a flippin comp

sorry just needed to shout, no need to reply xx

Andrea08
21-05-2009, 11:33 PM
hay if it feels better to come ere to bla bla bla then its ok wid me

if she wants to run her house like a nursery etc let her but you know how good you are and the children you have love you coz your not a nursery you are a personal cm

if you dont want to invite her to the forum dont ,,, coz you are here for support and friendship :)

love andrea

emmadines
21-05-2009, 11:37 PM
ty hun, i know it sounds childish but i want my own things not to be compared all the time by her or to be refered to being bit of property when she says things like

"this is MY TWin sister" it makes me feel like im the same as her and im not! its everyone she speaks to if im about this is my twin sister, not this is emma my sister.

Blaze
22-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Don't you just love sibling rivalary!:rolleyes:

Keep the forum as your secret weapon!:thumbsup:

emmadines
22-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Don't you just love sibling rivalary!:rolleyes:

Keep the forum as your secret weapon!:thumbsup:

haha joys of life, im not bothered if she comes on here, life's not a competition and a job is a job!! and like i said before i hope she dose well i really do. im not saying this in anyway due to the fact we've just rowed etc, if i wanted to i could have hid in in private chat but there's no nastiness in the previous post nor nothing ive not said to fer face. just my views on silly things.

i just want to be classed as an individual.......

Ps not squabbling will come on here i will promise you that!!:thumbsup:

SimplyLucy
22-05-2009, 06:05 AM
When I decided to become a childminder my sister (11 months older) told me she fancied "having a go" too!

Now I love my sister to bits........BUT she always likes to do everything I do. We attended all our courses together, I sent my forms off a few weeks before hers and had my pre-reg first. There were a few problems with my health forms so she ended up getting her certificate before me :angry: . She hasn't let me forget that, she was a childminder "first".

My sister has severe dyslexia. I wrote all my policies then helped her adjust them and re-write bits of them to suit her setting. I help her with a lot of her paperwork. She really doesn't cope very well with it. I don't mind helping her at all, she is my sister afterall.

We have the same support worker just so there is an extra connection to help my sister, this means I have a different support worker to everyone else in my town as my sister lives in the next town over. :rolleyes: This can be a right pain, costs me more fuel etc as I have to travel for meetings at times!

Shall I tell you what felt really good though.............

We had our first inspections 2 weeks apart last summer (same inspector too). The inspector even had the nerve to quiz me on my sister at MY inspection as she was aware of the difficulties my sister has.

Guess what.....I got OUTSTANDING and my sister got GOOD. Now her good is excellent but boy it felt fantastic to beat her at something!

emmadines
22-05-2009, 06:21 AM
sorry that did make me giggle.

she saw this post last night and jumped right at me with "thanks for posting on a forum about me of something along that line, and yes she will see this too, im not being nasty about her in the slightest.

you know shes my sister and yes we sqwabble, sometimes really sqwabble to the point its a joke as in stupid, im happy to offer help if she wanted it too, but i dont want this to turn into a competition to the point its i did better then you did etc as its not a competition.
im quiet a verbal person, if something bugs me i will put it wherever i see fit but and to that persons face.i wont do it behind her back, cant be bothered with that.

angeldelight
22-05-2009, 06:22 AM
This reminds me of a friend of one of my parents who worked in a nursery 2 years ago.

She left to become a childminder and last year got a grant for a fax machine and a dish washer and some other things you prob rememeber me posting about it?

She was so full of it and she was going to do this that and the other

She said it was simple too and could not understand why childminders moan etc

Anyway she fell flat on her face in Jan - she had been finding it difficult to get children and the last 2 parents that went to see her said they were not looking for a nursery but for a home from home childminder I guess they realised what she was like

I know what you mean though Emma - she like your sister kept asking for my views / help but she looked down her nose at me acting like she was better.

Did not get her very far did it

Sisters dont you just love them :laughing: :laughing:

Glad you have got us to come and moan to

Angel xx

angeldelight
22-05-2009, 06:24 AM
sorry that did make me giggle.

she saw this post last night and jumped right at me with "thanks for posting on a forum about me of something along that line, and yes she will see this too, im not being nasty about her in the slightest.

you know shes my sister and yes we sqwabble, sometimes really sqwabble to the point its a joke as in stupid, im happy to offer help if she wanted it too, but i dont want this to turn into a competition to the point its i did better then you did etc as its not a competition.
im quiet a verbal person, if something bugs me i will put it wherever i see fit but and to that persons face.i wont do it behind her back, cant be bothered with that.

Why will she see this do you let her read your messages then ?

Angel xx

emmadines
22-05-2009, 06:31 AM
ive not told her bout this site but she saw it last night, weather shes a member on here i truely dont know (strange eh?) I think you can lurk as a guest cant you,

I dont wish her to fail like i said i hope she dose well, just got my back up with her saying its an easy job like working in a nurserym when imo its harder as your on your todd,

if she wants to join the group go for it and I hope everyone welcomes her but i will say what I want where i want its a free world after all.

Pipsqueak
22-05-2009, 06:37 AM
aaah sisters!:rolleyes: you can't live with em and you can't childmind with 'em either.:laughing:

you are right - parents want a home-like environment when they choose a childminder NOT a mini-nursery (an institution type thing) and thats where people who come from that background start coming unstuck. When I was part-tutoring (training) on the ICP there was one lady from nursery background and she was going to do this that and the other - don't know why she just didn't go and open a nursery!

Roseolivia
22-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Yeah when i started i'd worked in nurseries and started to do similar things but quickly realised it's completly different and better. Where else can you work where you can go to the beach or park whenever you want.

tammerisk
22-05-2009, 07:29 AM
my sister as you all prob know is a childminder to well regestering hopefully this week her certificate will arrive.
i have helped ithink in letting her look at everything i have and how i work but i know we will both work very different we are completly different people i will ask her advice and most of the time she is right and i do try to follow it and i hope she feels the same. my mum was a childminder at the same time as me to and we both worked really well together and i hope the same thing happens with my sister.

i relly hope you two can work together and get along it will be great for the both of you.

i found the EYFS hard but i think my sister found it easy she is cleaverer than me and it takes me so much longer to get my head around paper work and stuff than it does her.

i worked in nurseries and my sister has no childcare back ground apart for her children
i think when you sister getsinto it she will realize it is nothing likea nursery to be a childminder in fact it is so much better as you can put into practice all the things nursery wouln't let you do but you know were great ideas.

LIZZIE
22-05-2009, 09:04 AM
I agree having worked in nurseries too. This job is way harder in some respects because for the majority of minders they are on their own and not in a room with other staff so if something needs doing guess who has to do it!!! its very busy and I personally am cream crackered by the end of the day.
I too have a family member who loves lording it over others and taking over everything given half the chance Just ignore it really and let them carry on the ones who have to remind you of how good they are are usually the ones with an insecurity issue I reckon.