PDA

View Full Version : How do you file everything?

Tatjana
21-05-2009, 07:27 PM
I seem to have so much stuff I don't know where or how to file it.

I've sorted out my folder to show parents, but i'm not sure how to file all the extra paperwork, (leaflets, brochures, EYFS info) i keep accumulating.

I'm planning on having a folder for each child for all their bits, contracts, permissions etc.

How do you do it????!

xx

rickysmiths
21-05-2009, 08:02 PM
With difficulty, by increasing Tescos stationery profits, an ever growing bookshelf, which hubby insists I Risk Assess :eek: :laughing: :laughing:

helenlc
21-05-2009, 08:41 PM
With difficulty, by increasing Tescos stationery profits, an ever growing bookshelf, which hubby insists I Risk Assess :eek: :laughing: :laughing:

My shelves (in my cupboard under the stairs) did actually collapse earlier this year and I joked that I needed a risk assessment to go in the cupbaord!! Lol

In all seriousness, I have a box which stuff goes into ie leaflets, info etc and then periodically (when its full!!:laughing: ) and I go through it and file it.

I have my Portfolio that I show parents, then I have a long term plan folder, an information folder and then the children's personal folders and learning journeys.

I think you just need to find a system that works for you. What works for one person might not work for another so just try it and see how you go.

Oh and good luck!!!:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
21-05-2009, 09:12 PM
We might be moving ................problem solved!

Lots of storage space there :thumbsup:

ORKSIE
21-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Under "B" :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
21-05-2009, 09:43 PM
several files that are : ( you have to say this quickly and in one breath)

on the bottom bookshelf in the sitting room, on my work desk, behind the sofa, on the footstool and on the back of the sofa, there is some in the cupboard under the stairs and some on the bookshelf in the playroom, oh and some left in the car

I will admit this is all my:
normal childminding stuff
support and vacancy stuff
network, inclusive network and support network stuff
ECAT stuff
drop in stuff
FD stuff

Roseolivia
22-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Things go on shelves in folders or boxes.

janiefear
22-05-2009, 07:10 AM
I've made 5 folders, one for each Every Child Matters outcome, all the leaflets that I pick up are filed in here along with the principles cards from the EYFS and the policies that come under that outcome.

Of course this doesn't cover everything but it has certainly helped, after nearly 6 years minding I feel I'm finally getting organised!!!!!

Tatjana
22-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Some funny replies!

Ok, feel better now as most of you are similar, certain things filed other things not so filed!

Cheers ladies:D
xx