PDA

View Full Version : ACTIVITY IDEA

donnadoo2004200
21-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Please help, the toddler group I attend you have to take in turns to bring an activity for the children. I have no idea what to take. My turn is begining of June. I have looked at my multicultural calender and there is nothing for June. I have downloaded some fathers day pics and cards but it seems a bit plain and boring. Please help if you have a great idea (but simple 1 and 2 yr olds) Im hopeless at this sort of thing.:)

sweets
21-05-2009, 07:13 PM
we do crafts at our toddler group, lately we have planted sunflower seeds ( small pot + compost, easy and cheap) we also did planting cress heads but instead of using fragile eggs we used childrens yogurt pots. Today we did a collage flower, each child got an outline of a flower and stuck loads of bits on.

The dlk website is good for ideas, so is enchanted learning.

hope it helps!

grindal
21-05-2009, 07:36 PM
I made telescopes with my kids today. We stuck a photo on the end of a loo roll and then decorated the outside with stickers, paper and whatever else they wanted (mine are all little and basically just like sticking things). When they look down the end of the loo rolls they see mum, dad or whoever!

michellethegooner
21-05-2009, 07:54 PM
it is paddington bear's b/day on the 25th June, how about a teddy bear picnic, sing song etc painting bears, paw(foot) printing etc it what I am doing in June

good luck :clapping:

sdean
21-05-2009, 09:12 PM
We do this at our group. We have done play dough, jelly play, simple shapes cut out to stick on paper, pasta play, today one childminder had cut out little clothes shapes and brought coloured lolly sticks and some string and they created little washing line pictures.

Pipsqueak
21-05-2009, 09:28 PM
how about feet/hand painting prints?

manjay
21-05-2009, 09:33 PM
how about feet/hand painting prints?

Don't think I will suggest this one at my toddler group. I just know it will be me chasing the little darlings around as they leave their prints all over the floor while Mums have a nice relaxing cup of tea:D

Pipsqueak
21-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Don't think I will suggest this one at my toddler group. I just know it will be me chasing the little darlings around as they leave their prints all over the floor while Mums have a nice relaxing cup of tea:D

nah paint their hands and then suggest they go and give mummy a lovely surprise hug:D

ORKSIE
21-05-2009, 09:44 PM
For our next toddler meeting I have suggested Painting on a grand scale:
Wall liner paper,paint and welly boots.
Kids walk in paint then transfer prints onto paper. Can be done bare feet, Hand prints too.
This really needs to be an outside activity me thinks:D

Chell
21-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Decorating biscuits or cupcakes with bowls of icing and little sweets/sprinkles. At our toddler group there is quite a range of ages but they all seem to enjoy this.

Asda normally have boxes of about 20 little gingerbread men or shortbread shapes for just over £1.

Chell
21-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Ice cream collage (http://www.silkysteps.com/family.cfm/auid/164/Mischief-Mouse/Crafts/Ice-Cream-collage) - this looks simple for a toddler group.

emmadines
21-05-2009, 11:12 PM
what about making a tie cut out, put a small loop of elastic at top then get the kids to stick on bits and bobs

The Juggler
22-05-2009, 07:19 AM
It' s the Barnardos big toddle in June. You could do a sponsored toddle round your local park?

avril
22-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Getting close to the holiday season what about sand pit out can make a sand castle using sand on a cut out shape with shells pictures of crabs, or draw around the little ones shoe then they can decorate it like a flip flop!!

Flip flop - use a hole punch to make holes in a triangle shape and tie fancy ribbon into them to make flip flop straps then the children can decorate them with crayons, stickers, paints etc.... (I hope that made sense as so simple to make) ;)

Story can be read about getting on a plane or holiday or seaside.

donnadoo2004200
22-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks for all your ideas guys. I have kept them all but I think this time I will go with Paddington Bears birthday. Teddy bear picnic. Thanks again:clapping:

Ally
22-05-2009, 04:30 PM
For our next toddler meeting I have suggested Painting on a grand scale:
Wall liner paper,paint and welly boots.
Kids walk in paint then transfer prints onto paper. Can be done bare feet, Hand prints too.
This really needs to be an outside activity me thinks:D

We did this the other week at our Toddler group - it worked quite well. Today we used air drying clay and cut out shapes and the children pushed little coloured beads into it and they make great decoration. If you use clear beads and they push them through the other side without going all the way through they look great in a window. Our babies were doing as well. :p

Ally

sonia ann
22-05-2009, 06:12 PM
We did this the other week at our Toddler group - it worked quite well. Today we used air drying clay and cut out shapes and the children pushed little coloured beads into it and they make great decoration. If you use clear beads and they push them through the other side without going all the way through they look great in a window. Our babies were doing as well. :p

Ally

lovely idea , will do this after half term, mindees will love it:clapping: