PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick advice

childmind04
21-05-2009, 03:37 PM
One family i mind for changed their hours last month, so i now have friday off from their children.

Last night i asked Dad if they wanted me as their dd had sort of said something he said he would let me know, anyway got 2 calls last night form my other parents and they dont want me (we are all on holiday this weekend), this morning dad caught me off guard and just said i will be dropping them off in the morning :eek: i was with 5 mindees and on way into school so did not get chance to say anything, my dh has went mad and said i have already done extra for them this week and i should have said no

Is it too late when they collect to say i cant do it?? i have so much to do packing etc and could really do with the day off but i hate being made to feel like i am letting them down??

Help
Susan

wendywu
21-05-2009, 03:48 PM
If you dont want to do it just say sorry but you have made plans as you thought your numbers were reduced.:)

katickles
21-05-2009, 03:54 PM
or possibly tell a little fib:blush: :blush:

Say after speaking to your husband, he has arranged that you will now be stopping somewhere en route but it was going to be a suprise & now you can't do it??

Pipsqueak
21-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Errrr - no catch the parent off guard and tell them no you cannot do it - end of.
Explain that you was really busy this morning and it was unfair of dad to say that - they have already booked the fridays off and you have arranged something else now that you cannot change. You have to put your family first.

haribo
21-05-2009, 04:24 PM
i would just say sorry cant do - make it clear they cant chop and change :angry:

childmind04
22-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Just updating this, mum came last night and i just explained how i had been caught off guard this morning but the more i had thought about it i have too many things to do and i was sorry but i could not work, she was a bit quiet but i am past the point of caring :rolleyes:

It really spoiled my day yesterday as it was just playing on my mind, but done now and i feel happier :)