PDA

View Full Version : acceptable for mindees to leaflet drop?

butterfly
21-05-2009, 01:56 PM
do you think it's acceptab;e for my afetr school mindees to help me drop leaflets advertising my summer hol care for half an hour after school?

Minstrel
21-05-2009, 02:03 PM
to be honest, and this is only my personal opinion, i wouldn't.

for i start they'd be tired after school and secondly if i was the parent i'm not sure i'd be keen if i heard this is what my child was doing.

sorry!

grindal
21-05-2009, 02:04 PM
TBH I dont think I would be very impressed as a prospective parent to find out that your mindees were delivering your advertising material - it would make me wonder what you were going to get them to do for you over the summer :eek:

Pedagog
21-05-2009, 02:48 PM
I wouldn't let mindees, thinking back to do paper round some letter boxes are vicious and bite, as do the dogs behind them.

huggableshelly
21-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I would say no ........ BUT

if they are over 8 and parents agree then that is an agreement you will need to make with the parents. personally I wouldnt do it due to the safety issues .....

what if a child delivers to a house, you are standing watching but the front door opens and the child is pulled inside the house ......... yes ok worse case scenario but just a thought!

tammerisk
21-05-2009, 03:31 PM
well i went and did my avon round a few times with mindees and my development worker i know it not quite the same but DW said it is a learning experience for children and posating things and all that and you can link it to some part of the EYFS some thing about comunnities and KUW

wendywu
21-05-2009, 03:56 PM
As long as the parents agree i cannot see any problem. Children love postin things through letter boxes. We alway have a fight when we have letters to post and there is not enough for 1 each.

You could draw a map of where you are going to go. Get them to pick out the road names when you are out. Make a note of the higest door number you see. Get them to do odd and even door numbers. Make sure they always close the gate after them. It could be quite fun, can i help:laughing:

butterfly
21-05-2009, 07:08 PM
thanks for your replies guys!

i decided not to in the end - instinct said no

it's just i've got over 800 homes to do and it's a bit daunting!

i will just have to do a road at a time! i did 2 roads this morning with mindee asleep in the buggy!