PDA

View Full Version : PRE REG

laura
13-02-2008, 12:18 AM
HI,
IM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT THE PRE REG VISIT AS A GIRL I KNOW DIDNT GET REGISTERED . SHE SAYS ITS BECAUSE HER SON HAS ADHD , MINE HAS ASPERGERS SYNDROME AND OFSTED HAVE SAID TO CARRY ON WITH THE PROCESS BUT IM STILL UN NERVED BY IT ALL.

DO THEY TELL YOU AT PRE REG WHETHER OR NOT THEY WILL REGISTER YOU ?

AND DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE ALL THINGS IN PLACE SUCH AS SAFETY GATES ETC...

THANKS , LAURA X

deeb66
13-02-2008, 08:39 AM
To be honest I am not sure that Ofsted would refuse to register someone if they already had a child with ADHD......I may of course be wrong and someone will correct me if I am.

You are not necessarily expected to have gates up at this stage but certainly show that you are aware that they will need to go up and if anything else needs to be done before you start minding.

Good luck

Dee

P.S. Can you please take your cap lock off......thank you

sarah707
13-02-2008, 08:48 AM
I do not think an ADHD child would be the only reason why Ofsted refuse to register someone... they are usually very careful about children with disabilities.

The only thing you can do is go through your pre-reg as normal, be as honest as possible and see what happens.

I wouldn't worry too much about stair gates etc just make sure the inspector knows you have everything ready to go as soon as you have children on your books.

Good luck :D

Mollymop
13-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Hi there,
My son is under the hospitial a the moment as they think he has ADD, (no H in that as he hasn't got the hyperactivity) but he is a lovely child and just can't pay attention, so if they do diagnose him I wouldn't be worried about OFsted in the slightest.
Try not to worry, I think you will be fine XX

laura
14-02-2008, 10:19 PM
thank you everyone , that has put my mind at ease a little .

i know that i can do it but it doesnt stop little doubts coming into my head .

i really shouldnt listen to people who are not registered and take info from those that know , thanks again:thumbsup:

deeb66
14-02-2008, 10:20 PM
thank you everyone , that has put my mind at ease a little .

i know that i can do it but it doesnt stop little doubts coming into my head .

i really shouldnt listen to people who are not registered and take info from those that know , thanks again:thumbsup:

Glad we could help Laura

Hope it all works out

miffy
14-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Just wanted to say good luck with your registration

Miffy xx