PDA

View Full Version : Advertising and waiting for Certificate!!

bex8282
21-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Well I have had my Inspection, about a week now and have started to advertise- Did door to door leaflets and been around into shops, post offices, schools, creches, all over the place really....

In a week I have had 3 phone calls :laughing: and have told them all I can not start just yet until I get my Certificate.. The problem Is I have just phoned Ofsted just for general up date and they have said it can take upto 8 weeks...

Is this about right for everyone or did you have yours alot sooner.. ??

Thank you

wellybelly
21-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Ive heard they are a bit back logged at the moment, but keep positive. I got mine through in a couple of weeks.

Daddy Day Care
21-05-2009, 01:57 PM
its been about 5 weeks since my inspection and still waiting on the crb check to come back, ive read on ehre once it is can take upto around 10 days to get your certifcate.

Gareth
xx

Zoomie
21-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Well my inspection was on 6 April.

I'm still waiting on CRB to be received back.

SS checks can also take a bit of time (well mine did), and if you have lived in different counties in the past 5 years, that can have a bearing too, as ss and crb checks have to be done for each of your prev addresses.

FizzysFriends
21-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Mine took 3 months. Its the CRB that slows down the process.

shoegal
21-05-2009, 07:04 PM
My inspection was six weeks ago and i've just seen that stage four of the check is complete so hoping to have it soon!

mumx3
21-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Just a bit of positivity for you all.

I had my CRB and my Husbands sent of on the 21st of April and I had it back on the 16th of May. My Hubands was back on the 19th of May and I am now waiting for certificate.

Tatjana
21-05-2009, 07:19 PM
And then there's the down side, had my pre-reg inspection in Decemberr, got my certificate end of April!!

Well done on getting enquiries:thumbsup:

xx

Minstrel
21-05-2009, 08:09 PM
had my pre-reg on 4 th march and i got my crb's back on friday. still waiting for my cert tho!

bex8282
22-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Allsorts of different times then, just depending on certain things.....
Well, this is definately going to test my patience.. :rolleyes:

Thank you for all your replies just need to wait and be patient now!!!

Not much more I can do apart from carry on advertising....

Thanks again :laughing:

Princess Sara
22-05-2009, 12:51 PM
I got my certificate today, they had everything they needed on monday (refs, crbs etc) but I had my pre-reg inspection months ago.

When you rang them did they tell you they were waiting on anything? If all you are waiting on if for it to be printed it shouldn't take more than a week, if there are still outstanding crb's and ref etc it could take the full 8 weeks or longer I'm afraid.

But don't worry, getting your name out there is a great start, I've been advertising since my pre-reg visit too, and now most people in my area know I'm going to be a childminder, and after the school run later they'll all know I'm fully registered! Yay!